The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-25-2017, 04:25 AM   #1
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Do you think we'll see more of Ch'rell?

IDW made it a point to bring him in to their universe as an Utrom in stasis, but if I remember correctly, that's where he might remain.

Any thoughts on this? Personally, I'd like to see them use him somehow, and be a much more menacing, threatening antagonist than Shredder or Krang was in this series.

He doesn't need to be a Shredder imposter this time around, he just needs access to several exosuits that make him an enduring villain.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 05:22 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

Of course we will, he's just going to be in stasis until some of the currently ongoing things has been resolved.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:50 AM   #3
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Of course we will, he's just going to be in stasis until some of the currently ongoing things has been resolved.
Agreed. IDW wouldn't introduce him for nothing, we'll just have to wait a while for him to do something. I hope he's less goal-oriented and more unhinged, to differentiate him from Krang and his goal of saving the Utroms
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:50 AM   #4
dragonside
Hench Mutant

ch'rell is too good not to use.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 11:14 AM   #5
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, yeah! He's practically a Chekhov's Gunman at this point.
Of course they're going to use him, they're not just going to let him sit around in stasis - especially with the damage of the machinery being so great that Honeycutt was concerned that the Utroms would die if they failed.

So they'll let him out mostly to save his life, and have to deal with telling him about Krang being in prison.

He's been introduced as dangerous and fiercely loyal to Krang (what this loyalty entails is...questionable. I stand by Krang being described by Ma'riell as his "beloved leader" to mean a little bit more than it sounds). They're not going to build that up for nothing. It's just not his time yet.

He'd be an Utrom that Krang saved, now out to save him - and more than just in return for saving them all, but because of their pre-established relationship that was likely very close.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:40 AM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's interesting to think what direction to take him. If Ch'rell doesn't become the Shredder, he's just a rogue evil Utrom...practically the same as Krang. Only difference is Krang wants to save the Utrom race, but Ch'rell if they follow his 2k3 incarnation doesn't give a damn about the Utroms and would rather kill them all.

However they said Ch'rell was loyal to Krang, so who knows.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 03:00 PM   #7
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I don't want Ch'rell to upstage Krang or Shredder. He should just be Krang's pet rabid dog. No big years-long story arc; let him break out stasis once, rampage, and then be locked up in a freezer for the rest of the run.

Then we can get back to Bishop, Null, Stockman, Krang, Shredder, and the Pantheon!
Old 03-25-2017, 03:23 PM   #8
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I don't want Ch'rell to upstage Krang or Shredder. He should just be Krang's pet rabid dog. No big years-long story arc; let him break out stasis once, rampage, and then be locked up in a freezer for the rest of the run.

Then we can get back to Bishop, Null, Stockman, Krang, Shredder, and the Pantheon!
Its like you are in my mind. Well said! Also, if Chr'ell js tk have existence beyond impersonating The Shredder demon its as Krang's right tentacle. I am quite interested in what IDW has planned. A role in Trial of Krang/TMNT: Dimension X,perhaps?
Old 03-25-2017, 03:45 PM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Its like you are in my mind. Well said! Also, if Chr'ell js tk have existence beyond impersonating The Shredder demon its as Krang's right tentacle. I am quite interested in what IDW has planned. A role in Trial of Krang/TMNT: Dimension X,perhaps?
That's my assumption. Key witness to Krang's atrocities.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:17 PM   #10
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

When the previews for #58 came out, I had one thought to Ma'riell describing the extermity of Ch'rell's loyalty to Krang.
Spoiler:

It probably won't go down that path, but I'm just sayin'.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:45 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

If Ch'rell isn't in the Trial of Krang arc, we probably won't see him for a long time. Then again if there is a trial with all the Utroms present, it's hard to imagine him not being there.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:07 PM   #12
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If Ch'rell isn't in the Trial of Krang arc, we probably won't see him for a long time. Then again if there is a trial with all the Utroms present, it's hard to imagine him not being there.
I mean it could turn out to be "The Trial of Ch'rell" as well; they're trying Krang for war crimes and from what we've heard Ch'rell is guilty of some atrocities too, so he may have to take the stand as well. We'll have to see how the Neutrinos feel about the whole "I was just following orders" argument.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 05:22 PM   #13
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

There's probably no better time for Ch'rell to come out of stasis, and I'd be disappointed if he wasn't then.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:55 PM   #14
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post

Shredder ded, Krang is jailed, Hun is down and Stockman is playing nice so I would say that there is totally room for Ch'rell to be more than a one off villain.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:43 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
Shredder ded, Krang is jailed, Hun is down and Stockman is playing nice so I would say that there is totally room for Ch'rell to be more than a one off villain.
Yep, and Bishop technically isn't even a villain, just morally gray. Personally I think people are overhyping Null a bit too, she might have an arc not much bigger than the Darius/Street Phantoms arc.

The Pantheon stuff will likely comprise of most of the issues from the mid to late 80's up to issue 100.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:39 AM   #16
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yep, and Bishop technically isn't even a villain, just morally gray. Personally I think people are overhyping Null a bit too, she might have an arc not much bigger than the Darius/Street Phantoms arc.

The Pantheon stuff will likely comprise of most of the issues from the mid to late 80's up to issue 100.
I am very interested to see how they treat Null in the main comic, she seems very off the radar when it comes to direct Turtle threats.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 12:48 AM   #17
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Null is so low on my radar, I sometimes forget about her. To the point of excluding her from my personal TMNT take entirely. So whatever she's up to, I don't really care.