The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-24-2017, 08:06 PM   #21
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

I did not get into the show from the first episode. I thought it was really cheesy actually.

Then I read about "Same as it Never Was" on a forum and watched it. That got my attention!

I think the show didn't really hit its stride in the first season.

Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:19 AM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
I did not get into the show from the first episode. I thought it was really cheesy actually.
What made the first episode more cheesy than any other episode? There's no difference in tone from that ep and the other episodes in any of the other early seasons.

Quote:
I think the show didn't really hit its stride in the first season.
Season 1 is still one of the best seasons of the 4kids show. I'm not sure what you mean by "didn't hit it's stride." The moment "Shredder Strikes" hit it already surpassed my expectations beyond the first 9 episodes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM   #23
dragonside
Hench Mutant

For the 4Kids cartoon - its actually a hard sell with most people.

But I was won over by the Battle Nexus. So start em off on that arc.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:19 PM   #24
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What made the first episode more cheesy than any other episode? There's no difference in tone from that ep and the other episodes in any of the other early seasons.

Season 1 is still one of the best seasons of the 4kids show. I'm not sure what you mean by "didn't hit it's stride." The moment "Shredder Strikes" hit it already surpassed my expectations beyond the first 9 episodes.
Not sure exactly. I guess because it was mostly adaptations of comics, and it was hard to measure up to those. Once they had more original stories I thought the show got more exciting and darker (until, obviously, Fast Forward). "Shredder Strikes" was standout, so yeah maybe one could start there. I didn't only think the first episode was cheesy; I thought most of the earlier episodes (and some later ones) were.

The jokes were less funny in the first season and the voice actors hadn't quite settled into their roles yet.

Not sure about everyone else but the first season did not pull me in for long. I only really liked it later on, although I always liked the character designs and animation.

Don't get me wrong. I think 2003 was by far the best TMNT cartoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonside
For the 4Kids cartoon - its actually a hard sell with most people.

But I was won over by the Battle Nexus. So start em off on that arc.
I loved the Battle Nexus too, although I think it was in part due to the previously established characterizations that got them to that point. Not sure if it's a good starter.

Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:24 AM   #25
DestronMirage22
Stone Warrior

As others mentioned, the 1st episode. I mean, that is the way it was meant to be.

Spoiler:
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote