The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-13-2014, 11:29 PM   #81
Agent 86
Foot Soldier

^^^^

KMart has a good starter "six pack" with the four turtles, Shredder and a Kraang for $50.

I haven't seen too many of the secondary characters on the shelves for quite a while, but I'm not collecting the Nick line, so I don't constantly check the shelves. Splinter and April may be difficult to find. I think Fishface is a somewhat recent/delayed local release, so you may be able to find him, Dogpound, Metalhead and a few others easily.
Agent 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:31 PM   #82
Agent 86
Foot Soldier

Re: Bebop and Rocksteady

Still no signs of a local release? I emailed Playmates and they said that someone from their "international sales" team would get back to me, but I never heard anything.

I don't want to miss out on Bebop and Rocksteady, but I'd prefer to avoid paying highly inflated Ebay prices and international shipping!
Old 03-14-2014, 01:15 AM   #83
Eiko
Aussie and Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Hi Fellow Australians,

Looks like I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and start collecting these with my daughter. Well that's my excuse to the wife...

Just watched most of season one and i am extremely impressed with this show!

Anyway, as I am on the back foot, what figures do I need to look out for as "rare" so to speak? For example if I see a Fishface figure, should I just grab it or is that one of the easier ones to get? I have noticed April is very scarce (i have never seen her) but i have seen most of the others. Granted I was only just having a quick glance out of pure interest in the franchise and wasn't paying a lot of attention.

I would like to buy the original 4 turtles first and gradually get the mutants as I go through the episodes with my daughter but I don't want to see a figure, not buy it and it end up being a wild goose chase.

I had some horrible experiences as an obsessed kid with these turtles! Mondo Gecko was elusive but i finally got him from a family member in europe. And to this day i am still upset i never got Ray Fillet or Muckman amongst others!!!

Cheers!
Most of them are not to hard to get though April is going to be the hardest to find. Fishface should be easy to find if you are lucky you could get Fishface with and error some of them have a Dogpound label. Metalhead you should find him at Target as he was exclusive to that store only. have fun collecting it is really fun. oh and if you can try stay away from ebay as the prices for them are ridiculous unless you are willing to pay the high price for em.
Eiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:01 AM   #84
null
Random Punk

Thanks! Good to hear about fish face, I like the character on the show and the overall design.
I'm going to check out the kmart pack, I saw it the other day and thought it was a good deal. Hunt begins tomorrow. Hope the 9 yr old is as excited as I am!
null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:23 AM   #85
Garreth
Foot Soldier

I bought 16 fishface dogpounds Will sell them in a few years
Garreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:35 AM   #86
Eiko
Aussie and Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garreth View Post
I bought 16 fishface dogpounds Will sell them in a few years
Good on you have to let me know how well they sell.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:29 AM   #87
null
Random Punk

Good haul today. Kmart 6 pack. Fish face, rat king, splinter, spider bytes and leatherhead. Saw the shredder with removable helmet but had to pass. A fair few fish face had dogpound on the pack but didn't see the point in getting that. My 9 year old wants to open these!
Old 04-25-2014, 01:30 AM   #88
Garreth
Foot Soldier

Went to toyworld yesterday. They have the 3d wall lights and the new series of toys like Casey Jones and the battle shell figures.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:12 AM   #89
Marksenad
Foot Soldier

Awesome ill go hunting soon
Marksenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:18 AM   #90
null
Random Punk

Good to hear some newer stuff is finally hitting. Most stores around sydney have loads of just the four turtles and it's very hard finding the other characters. In saying that I was happy to find Baxter, metal head, cockroach terminator and snakeweed today. Still haven't ever seen April. And Dogpound is very elusive. Seen plenty of foot soldiers around but it's hard to justify just buying one of these. Need a good sale to come up so I can buy a few, same with kraang.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:23 AM   #91
Garreth
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Good to hear some newer stuff is finally hitting. Most stores around sydney have loads of just the four turtles and it's very hard finding the other characters. In saying that I was happy to find Baxter, metal head, cockroach terminator and snakeweed today. Still haven't ever seen April. And Dogpound is very elusive. Seen plenty of foot soldiers around but it's hard to justify just buying one of these. Need a good sale to come up so I can buy a few, same with kraang.
I could buy them and send them to you if you want?
Old 07-08-2014, 11:58 PM   #92
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I saw the 2014 movie toys at Target last night.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:48 AM   #93
Agent 86
Foot Soldier

I've spotted only the "big" and larger "action feature" 2014 movie toys at Target.

It's possible that ALL of their 2014 movie toys will be part of Target's upcoming toy sale, the catalogue for which should be released on 16 July 2014.

I had no luck finding the 1980s re-releases which were purportedly available as part of the recent Big W toy sale. Every store I visited either never stocked those figures or the shelves were bare by the time I check then (one to three days after the sale commenced). There were plenty of Party Wagons though.

Also, I contacted Playmates who indicated that their Australian distributor is due to release the "Classic Collection" Bebop and Rocksteady in Australia in July 2014. I have no idea whether they'll be a store exclusive (i.e. TRU) or whether they'll be widely available.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:11 PM   #94
Garreth
Foot Soldier

Big W toy sale was ****. All they did was make more isles of the same stuff. Nothing new. Hopefully they have some new stuff at the Target sale. I went to Toys r us and got the wall playsets. Wasnt really anything newer than that.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:44 PM   #95
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
Also, I contacted Playmates who indicated that their Australian distributor is due to release the "Classic Collection" Bebop and Rocksteady in Australia in July 2014. I have no idea whether they'll be a store exclusive (i.e. TRU) or whether they'll be widely available.
I was at TRU on the weekend - they still have boatloads of the first wave, but no sign of Bebop and Rocksteady.

Poo - I guess I'll be making another trip. The closest TRU to me is a real pain to get to.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:26 PM   #96
Agent 86
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
Poo - I guess I'll be making another trip. The closest TRU to me is a real pain to get to.
I would hold off making another trip until there is a confirmed sighting. And even then, at TRU prices it may be cheaper to source Bebop and Rocksteady from overseas on Ebay.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:56 AM   #97
Garreth
Foot Soldier

Went to Target today, they have the 2014 movie toys. $23 for the basic figure when you squeeze its legs together its arms do something. And $40 I think for the bigger ones like dojo turtles. Also have the RC shell raiser.
I didnt buy any of the 2014 toys cause the target toy sale starts on the 23rd so ill wait till then

And i went to Big W too and got the classic collection party wagon.

And i got the AT3 and the turtle sub from one of those place but I forget which
Old 07-12-2014, 02:22 AM   #98
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Are you needing any basic wave Nick figures?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:19 AM   #99
Garreth
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Doo Doo Acureds*** View Post
Are you needing any basic wave Nick figures?
No, plenty of them around.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:41 PM   #100
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
I had no luck finding the 1980s re-releases which were purportedly available as part of the recent Big W toy sale. Every store I visited either never stocked those figures or the shelves were bare by the time I check then (one to three days after the sale commenced). There were plenty of Party Wagons though.
My local Big W has no Party Wagons, but they had the four 80s re-release turtles - no Splinter or Shredder though.

I also saw Nick Mutigen Man and Casey Jones at Target.