The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-21-2018, 05:23 PM   #981
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Ah, thank you.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:01 AM   #982
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Did nobody here go to SDCC then? I sold another Leo last night for $100 shipped

Three of the sets I bought on ebay this weekend were from people at SDCC so I am hoping to have one in hand tomorrow or Tuesday.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:55 AM   #983
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

I’m just glad TARGET will be selling NECA!
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:17 AM   #984
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

did they change their policies for the show?

Last edited by go_ninja84; 10-13-2018 at 08:53 AM.
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:28 AM   #985
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Got a shipping notification
Old 07-23-2018, 06:03 AM   #986
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
Got a shipping notification
Great news. I didn't get one yet but I'll be watching my mail all day!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:21 AM   #987
Will not be censored

First set of 11 arrived at local post office.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 07-23-2018, 06:53 AM   #988
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Man, I've always tried to be accepting of your business, but I'm just going to say it: please stop. In any number of threads you brag about how much you've sold these for, or how many sets you've been able to order through various channels.

I'm not sure why you get such satisfaction from boasting about these toys, but it's annoying. I get that it's your business--that's fine. But when someone talks about a shipping notice and you join that conversation, is it really necessary to tell everyone how many sets you have on the way? There's no need to reply to my message, as I don't plan on revisiting this thread for some time. Just think it over.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:17 AM   #989
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Man, I've always tried to be accepting of your business, but I'm just going to say it: please stop. In any number of threads you brag about how much you've sold these for, or how many sets you've been able to order through various channels.

I'm not sure why you get such satisfaction from boasting about these toys, but it's annoying. I get that it's your business--that's fine. But when someone talks about a shipping notice and you join that conversation, is it really necessary to tell everyone how many sets you have on the way? There's no need to reply to my message, as I don't plan on revisiting this thread for some time. Just think it over.
i agree keep some things to yourself. just reminds people who couldn't get one set because someone got 11 however the means they were acquired. still looks bad
Old 07-23-2018, 08:42 AM   #990
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
i agree keep some things to yourself. just reminds people who couldn't get one set because someone got 11 however the means they were acquired. still looks bad
Honestly, my first reaction to behavior like his is typically to get angry. Then you reflect and realize people act this way when they are lashing out for attention or are dealing with their own personal grief and want some company down there.

We all know people like this in real life. It's sad, but you just sort of end up feeling bad for people like that, if you're able to let the anger subside. It's still not a great feeling, but it is what it is. Just let him lash out if it makes him feel better. Try to remember he's probably doing it from a place of pain.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:56 AM   #991
Will not be censored

Now that the inaccurate psycho-babbling is over, I want to talk about the set itself. The quality comtrol isn't perfect but it is much better than the Collector's Case. The pizza box with four more slices of pizza in the bottom is a nice surprise and the ooze cannister opens up like both of its big brothers do. Donatello is surprisingly heavy compared to the other three figures for some reason.
Quote:

Old 07-23-2018, 12:15 PM   #992
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
wow 11 of the hard to get NECA sets. Keep on scalping you piece of pond scum
Old 07-23-2018, 12:32 PM   #993
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Now that the inaccurate psycho-babbling is over, I want to talk about the set itself. The quality comtrol isn't perfect but it is much better than the Collector's Case. The pizza box with four more slices of pizza in the bottom is a nice surprise and the ooze cannister opens up like both of its big brothers do. Donatello is surprisingly heavy compared to the other three figures for some reason.
How are Raphael's eyes? In Cejaman's review they are also crap
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:49 PM   #994
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Anyone else had theirs ship today?

I ordered mine on day 2, still no shipping notice FWIW.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:55 PM   #995
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Yeah I haven't gotten mine yet either and I ordered on day 1. I feel like it's imminent though. Like maybe it's shipped by now and they just have to notify us.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:29 PM   #996
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Sorry to offend, but you're constantly walking into a room full of people who are upset they couldn't get one, to brag about how many you obtained for profit.

Either you are crying out for attention or you are socially challenged. If it's the latter, I apologize.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:01 PM   #997
Will not be censored

If by the latter you mean I lack empathy for people who don't give 110% to get something they supposedly really want, don't apologize.
Quote:

Old 07-23-2018, 02:17 PM   #998
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Quote:
If by the latter you mean I lack empathy for people who don't give 110% to get something they supposedly really want, don't apologize.
You are selling sets on ebay for $344. Don't you dare try to pass off what you do as noble or somehow inherently superior. Your motives are as clear as glass. So clear in fact that we can see right through you. And don't you dare try to pretend that you are selling these at this price for international customers. Do you even have any idea how much $344 is in euros? Your international customers (who you pretend are sooo unfairly represented that you feel you have to ship these to them because its such a noble and good deed) would have to pay at least double thanks to the exchange rate and customs/import fees. If you really were a saint you wouldn't make an already sold out item even harder to obtain. $344 would be a hard enough pill to swallow for US based customers, for international customers who might live in third world countries, that's impossible. And don't shrug this off as just "capitalism" You have more than enough sets to make a profit without charging an extra 150% increase per unit. And as bad as this is, you don't even consider offers on your auctions. You sir are shameful. Shame on you.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:37 PM   #999
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Anyone else had theirs ship today?

I ordered mine on day 2, still no shipping notice FWIW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
Yeah I haven't gotten mine yet either and I ordered on day 1. I feel like it's imminent though. Like maybe it's shipped by now and they just have to notify us.
I also ordered on day 1 and have yet to get a notification. If you got an order cancelled would you have gotten a notification? I wonder if because I used my Space Monkey Toys email address if they flagged me for being a flipper or something. My 2 sets are for my personal collection and cant nobody have them but me...mwhahaha

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:42 PM   #1000
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
You are selling sets on ebay for $344. Don't you dare try to pass off what you do as noble or somehow inherently superior. Your motives are as clear as glass. So clear in fact that we can see right through you. And don't you dare try to pretend that you are selling these at this price for international customers. Do you even have any idea how much $344 is in euros? Your international customers (who you pretend are sooo unfairly represented that you feel you have to ship these to them because its such a noble and good deed) would have to pay at least double thanks to the exchange rate and customs/import fees. If you really were a saint you wouldn't make an already sold out item even harder to obtain. $344 would be a hard enough pill to swallow for US based customers, for international customers who might live in third world countries, that's impossible. And don't shrug this off as just "capitalism" You have more than enough sets to make a profit without charging an extra 150% increase per unit. And as bad as this is, you don't even consider offers on your auctions. You sir are shameful. Shame on you.
It's true, but he already knows this. He just comes in here to get attention and brag. He wants people to get upset so he can laugh at them. Trust me, it's what people do when they're miserable.

You don't try and tick people off when you're happy, you do it when you're sad. It's a cliché, but it's most often the truth. It's easy to get mad, but once you consider where this guy probably is in real life, it takes away the anger.