The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-16-2018, 01:42 PM   #101
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Her costume is cooler than any of the Batgirl costumes.

So there's that.
IDK Leo, I'd say Stephanie Brown's Batsuit is on the same level of cool as Batwoman's.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 01:45 PM   #102
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I want Batwoman to be a great show. Just don't do what you did that made Supergirl unwatchable
Old 12-16-2018, 01:47 PM   #103
Vegita-San
Emperor

i will say the new 52 batgirl costume is god awful. at least the one i saw last.

As for comics, if it's not Turtles, Ghostbusters, He-Man, or Thundercats, I havn't picked up one in a long time.

I think the last physical book I picked up was red and blue superman where he split into lightning form back in the 90s. I can't even remember how that went.

I did pick up a little of the new Supergirl digitally. not great. I picked up Superwoman......more not great. I think I got the first issue of New 52 Superman as well.. Nothing really stood out as wow..

Most comics are just so convoluted, with no real end game in sight, they just arn't worth picking up.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?

Last edited by Vegita-San; 12-16-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 01:51 PM   #104
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
IDK Leo, I'd say Stephanie Brown's Batsuit is on the same level of cool as Batwoman's.
I'unno. The weird, pointless side "paneling" and extra belts and pouches don't thrill me. A little bit too "Image" for me. It's not bad or anything, but not my favorite by far.

I always liked the simple, streamlined look of the Batwoman outfit. The "blood red on black fetish gear" look is very striking. It's the kinda costume that when you see it, you wonder what took them so long to think of it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 01:56 PM   #105
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
which is my point. it just feels like that is her only reason for existing. virtue signaling. not for any other good reason other than that.
You can say the same thing about any other side-character from Batman, Superman, Spider-Man mythos. What's the point of dozen Robins? What the point of Superboys? What the point of dozens upon dozens of Spider-Men?

At this point it looks like you are complaining just for the sake of it.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 01:57 PM   #106
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
I think the last physical book I picked up was red and blue superman where he split into lightning form back in the 90s. I can't even remember how that went.
Poorly.

Quote:
Most comics are just so convoluted, with no real end game in site, they just arn't worth picking up.
The joy is in the journey, my friend. But if you're the type who demands "endings", then no, you won't find that. Still plenty of great stories to find, but it can be overwhelming.

My problem with comics isn't that nothing ever ends; it's that one day, inevitably, your very favorite story is gonna be retconned away by some idiot who thinks they know better, so they can insert their fanfic ideas from when they were a kid.

Those idiots may or may not have names like "Waid", "Johns", and "Morrison". But yeah, to me, THAT's the worst part of being a comic book fan. Knowing that nothing actually matters makes it tough to get invested emotionally, after a while.

The good part being that, by the same rule, the bad stories get wiped out eventually, too... but again, if "nothing matters", then nothing matters. Which does indeed beg the question of, "What's the point?"

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:46 PM   #107
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Batwoman Snags Formal Pilot Order at The CW; David Nutter to Direct

Good news for the 60 percent of you who voted in favor of a Batwoman series: The CW has officially handed a pilot order to the project, which stars Orange Is the New Black‘s Ruby Rose in the title role. Rose’s Batwoman debuted in last month’s multi-part Arrowverse crossover event “Elseworlds.”

The CW also announced that Arrow/Flash vet David Nutter will direct the pilot.

Slated for a potential Fall 2019 premiere, Batwoman would follow Kate Kane — the second incarnation of the Batwoman character in DC Comics lore, introduced in 2006 — who is described as “an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter” who is “primed to snuff out the failing city’s criminal resurgence.”

Caroline Dries (The Vampire Diaries) penned the pilot and will exec produce alongside Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Geoff Johns.

Other characters reportedly being cast for the prospective series include Kate’s father, Colonel Kane; Batwoman’s Victorian Era-styled archenemy, Alice; and one that sounds like Renee Montoya.

Discussing the decision to unmask the Gotham hero in last month’s Arrowverse crossover versus holding the reveal for the potential series, Dries said it “felt like the right move,” adding, “It was important for us to humanize Kate in a way that made her relatable to the other characters in the Arrowverse, even though we were creating an enigmatic character.”

https://tvline.com/2019/01/03/batwom...-cw-ruby-rose/
Old 01-03-2019, 12:57 PM   #108
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I just saw her debut yesterday in "Elseworlds."

She wasn't bad, really. Sort of a strange setup for a show, though. Batman/Bruce has been gone for 3 years and she has no idea why and she's all alone in Wayne Tower (like all alone, not 1 soul there), which she plans to turn into some other kind of business? Or something? And her Bat cave is conveniently right below the tower?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:57 AM   #109
Vegita-San
Emperor

the character itself didn't seem bad. it's everything surrounding it that just came of as goofy to me. and I'd be curious if people in the LGTB community agreed with me or not.

I'm not trying to come off as homophobic or anything (as one person recently accused me of being)...there are just some things I like about character design, and some things I don't.

and everything about this batwoman character screams 'agenda only' to me. there is nothing really unique or well thought out about her like there is about say, batgirl. and even she doesn't really have her own rogues gallery like she should. I'm not sure if nightwing does or not

Old 01-04-2019, 10:00 AM   #110
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
and everything about this batwoman character screams 'agenda only' to me. there is nothing really unique or well thought out about her like there is about say, batgirl. and even she doesn't really have her own rogues gallery like she should. I'm not sure if nightwing does or not
She might have her own rogue's gallery from the Batwoman comics... I have no idea. Probably Batwoman will get recycled Batman villains like Arrow did. But it does seem a bit like agenda.

Arrow: pepper with a lot of LGBTQ++ stuff.

Flash: pepper with a bit more LGBTQ++ and toxic masculinity stuff.

Supergirl: straight up make a LGBTQ++ show. With a lot of toxic masculinity stuff on the regular.

Batwoman: 100% LGBTQ++ show with a LGBTQ++ lead.

Seems like the natural evolution of the agenda. There's really no good reason they'd go with Batwoman over Batgirl (and there's a couple to choose from), Nightwing, etc. (and hell, this iteration of Batwoman has only existed for a fraction of the time as the other choices). Batwoman was chosen for one reason and one reason only and we all know what it is.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:16 AM   #111
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
She might have her own rogue's gallery from the Batwoman comics... I have no idea. Probably Batwoman will get recycled Batman villains like Arrow did. But it does seem a bit like agenda.

Arrow: pepper with a lot of LGBTQ++ stuff.

Flash: pepper with a bit more LGBTQ++ and toxic masculinity stuff.

Supergirl: straight up make a LGBTQ++ show. With a lot of toxic masculinity stuff on the regular.

Batwoman: 100% LGBTQ++ show with a LGBTQ++ lead.

Seems like the natural evolution of the agenda. There's really no good reason they'd go with Batwoman over Batgirl (and there's a couple to choose from), Nightwing, etc. (and hell, this iteration of Batwoman has only existed for a fraction of the time as the other choices). Batwoman was chosen for one reason and one reason only and we all know what it is.
Lol, you nailed this. Although I might rank Flash below Arrow on the LGBTQ++ representation spectrum, at least prior to this current season.

Don't forget Legends of Tomorrow, which would sometimes let characters monologue about the importance of "free love" for anyone or whatever. I'd rank it just below Supergirl on the spectrum. I haven't watched enough of the other DC-verse shows to know where they would fall.

Quote:
Sort of a strange setup for a show, though. Batman/Bruce has been gone for 3 years and she has no idea why and she's all alone in Wayne Tower (like all alone, not 1 soul there), which she plans to turn into some other kind of business? Or something? And her Bat cave is conveniently right below the tower?
I'm still amazed that Team Flash (a circle that is at most 10 people) can run that huge STAR Labs building at 100% efficiency for all these years after the Earth Prime "Harrison Wells" has been deceased.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 01-04-2019 at 06:55 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:40 AM   #112
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
You're completely right. It's funny reading your evolution of the CW DC universe. It's completely accurate, and maddening. Even when I've been quit of their stuff for... I dunno, two years now (whenever Flash Season 3 ended)... it's maddening to watch.

Push agendas at the expense of real storytelling and meaningful character development. I don't care if they do Batwoman, but I do care when Supergirl is so much better than Superman. And people like that portrayal over Cavill how!?
Old 01-04-2019, 10:42 AM   #113
Vegita-San
Emperor

Flash at least seems to do it right. they mention it QUICKLY and don't let it become the focus of the plot, like Supergirl seems to do.

We've had a gay villain (whose name I forget) turned semi good guy come and go. we've had a super god musical guy who trapped barry and kara in a fictional musical world. we've had the police cheif. I don't count Captain Cold, because he's only been in the crossover, and that was way too goofy a retcon to count.
And now, Barry's gender switched daughter. All mentioned once just to let you know, and then filed away on the back burner. it doesn't define them as a character..and you get to know them as people first.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:07 AM   #114
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Don't forget Legends of Tomorrow, which would sometimes let characters monologue about the importance of "free love" for anyone or whatever. I'd rank it just below Supergirl on the spectrum. I haven't watch enough of the other DC-verse shows to know where they would fall.
True... though Legends sort of treats everything with a sort of irony, or at least a wink. Nothing in Legends really bothers me.

Quote:
I'm still amazed that Team Flash (a circle that is at most 10 people) can run that huge STAR Labs building at 100% efficiency for all these years after the Earth Prime "Harrison Wells" has been deceased.
Right? Like, look at the pilot. There is like a team of 20 scientists there with "Wells" running things. Now it's, like, Cisco with Iris (who is not a scientist) pressing buttons on consoles.

Also, I don't know why it bothers me so much but... 5 seasons, they can't be bothered to go and fix the top of STAR Labs? The little chunk missing. C'mon, guys. Just get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Push agendas at the expense of real storytelling and meaningful character development. I don't care if they do Batwoman, but I do care when Supergirl is so much better than Superman. And people like that portrayal over Cavill how!?
Ugh, I have seen that a lot in social media. Morons. I was watching the "Elseworlds" thing and I had to do a facepalm when Supergirl is screaming at "Superman," chastising him -- to be fair, it was the villain masquerading as Superman -- that he isn't "strong enough to choose to be a woman" because he chose to take the form of Superman and not Supergirl, who is the stronger of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San
And now, Barry's gender switched daughter.
Wait, what? What do you mean gender switched daughter? A couple episodes ago it was revealed she is definitely a lesbian, or at least bi, though. Which was... right about the same time we learned that Oliver's son is gay on Arrow.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:24 AM   #115
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:

And now, Barry's gender switched daughter.
What devil are you talking about? Barry Allen has always had a daughter in the comics, as well as a son.

Or did you think Nora was a gender bent Bart Allen/Impulse or something?
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:42 AM   #116
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

All I want out of Batwoman is not to have the terrible SJW Writing Supergirl has.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:00 PM   #117
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:

Ugh, I have seen that a lot in social media. Morons. I was watching the "Elseworlds" thing and I had to do a facepalm when Supergirl is screaming at "Superman," chastising him -- to be fair, it was the villain masquerading as Superman -- that he isn't "strong enough to choose to be a woman" because he chose to take the form of Superman and not Supergirl, who is the stronger of the two.

Wait, what? What do you mean gender switched daughter? A couple episodes ago it was revealed she is definitely a lesbian, or at least bi, though. Which was... right about the same time we learned that Oliver's son is gay on Arrow.
Agreed on that superman scene. ugh. it was soooo cringe worthy and had absolutely nothing to do with the plot.

as for the daughter. doesn't she not exist in the comics/other media? I seem to recal a son from the future in the young justice animated series that talked super fast as he ran. whose name I forget at the moment. that's what i meant by gender switched.

Old 01-04-2019, 12:04 PM   #118
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Or did you think Nora was a gender bent Bart Allen/Impulse or something?

Bingo.

Impulse i was familiar with. never heard of nora before.

Old 01-04-2019, 01:54 PM   #119
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Well, I guess that's somewhat fair. In the comics, XS is Jenni Ognats, Barry's granddaughter. That is not the character of Nora, who they made up for the show (though you can be sure they'll make that happen now in the comics, the way things work nowadays). They seem to be playing up Nora in a very Impulse kind of way. It really might as well be Impulse. Very well cast, though. I could totally see her being the daughter of Gustin and Patton.

Sidenote: I totally dug Felicity for a number of seasons over on Arrow... but I have to say, I'm definitely OK with them killing her off or shipping her away at this point. Oliver gets out of prison after months, and the first thing she wants to do is breakup again for a while? F*** that.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:32 AM   #120
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

This show trailer has some cringy lines they do the hero we need is her stuff like Captain Marvel and Kate says regarding people thinking she is batman " I won't let a man take credit for a woman's job" :rolleyes:

Tags
cubedyou'vedoneitagain