Old 03-12-2014, 09:00 AM   #21
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

This would be a must buy for me!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:49 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

I always wondered why Archie didn't collect these myself. Wasn't this set in the TMNT Adventures universe?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:33 PM   #23
wilddiverse
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Wasn't this set in the TMNT Adventures universe?
No. Its tone was similar, I suppose, but it's decidedly separate. It's easy to spot similarities with plots and themes from the Archie and Mirage series, but that's hardly surprising since it had the same pool of creators.

<-- Meet Brik & Brak

In the later years with solo Dan Berger doing the strip, characters like Casey Jones, Savanti Romero and Renet showed up- and a lot of Playmates toy characters make appearances.

Someone with a lot of time on their hands could possibly make a believable argument for the strip sharing a universe with the TMNT magazine or cereal comics but none of it's fresh enough in my mind to attempt.
wilddiverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:04 AM   #24
RatKingLeo
Foot Soldier

I hope they collect the strips, I own a complete week of original strips and would love to see them printed and be able to read the story from previous weeks that went with it.

The week I have is December 21-25 1992 does anyone have any scans or original paper clippings of these days?

SHELLBACK ARTWORKS:
http://www.facebook.com/ShellbackArtworks
RatKingLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:17 PM   #25
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

Just seen an IDW post on FB about a Batman comic strip collection......come on TMNT edition.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:59 AM   #26
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

And now Popeye.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:06 PM   #27
Venom
Space Knight

It's no secret that IDW prints classic news strip comic collections, as they have done so for years.

There is no need to post here every time they release a new collection; you would be better off commenting on their FB posts in support of a TMNT newspaper comic collection.

They know it's wanted by some, and they have been open to looking into it at some point (as confirmed by Ted Adams and I think Bobby Curnow at one point).
Old 04-24-2014, 01:54 AM   #28
rich
Mad Scientist

I collected these strips from day one back in the 90s and saved them in 2 separate scrapbooks. Scrapbook #1 Scrapbook #2

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:37 AM   #29
eugy
Random Punk

There's some photos of the TMNT newspaper strips in colour on an Ebay auction right now. You just have to scroll down the page about halfway. Only thing is, they are part of a lot that includes heaps of other strips like Batman, Garfield and many more...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161332521545...545%26_rdc%3D1
M: "Which one's the ugly one?"
eugy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:05 AM   #30
Griffart
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilddiverse View Post
The first I learned of these was a link posted here to a just-ended auction for a clipped set of the strip. Maybe someone here thought to grab the sample pics from the auction? I remember them being in color and I believe they were exclusive to that UK paper.
Might could be. If anyone out there stashed away any strips from the Mirage website back when it was hosting the archive, drop me a PM- specifically in need of strips from 1993, 1995, and 1996.
According to Stephen Murphy, photostats for the entire run of the strip were created by a Mirage intern so presumably IDW now has access to those (assuming they weren't lost or destroyed).

And if someone managed to learn which newspapers to contact about accessing old issues that ran the strip, I'd love to hear how they did it -- no one I've contacted at Mirage or elsewhere has been able to name a paper that syndicated the strip through its end-date. Dan Berger has said it was only running in twenty newspapers by the end of 1996.
Hi, I was the artist on the Daily Mirror TMNT comic strip, way back in 1990-91. Which was a great gig to get at that time. It ran for a year and was two six month contracts. I had to produce 6 daily strips and in the "Sunday Mirror" magazine. I had to produce a two tier strip. Deadlines were always tight as there was not much time to get ahead as they wanted it out there while the Turtle craze was hot. It was all original material, produced here in the UK. Great characters like Mad Cow Denise.
Griffart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:20 AM   #31
Tazi
Mad Scientist

I'd buy!
Old 10-30-2014, 05:20 AM   #32
Enscripture
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
I collected these strips from day one back in the 90s and saved them in 2 separate scrapbooks. Scrapbook #1 Scrapbook #2

Do have them from the first all the way to the end? I've always wondered if the problem was RAW scans and if you have them it'd be an awesome new book. I just have the Comics Revue versions without the saturday fan art and if they'd do an awesome book version. I'd buy it!
Enscripture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:52 AM   #33
Griffart
New Recruit

Unfortunately I don't have have many pieces of original art left, I have 43 dailies left and 4 two tier pieces left, see attachments.
Sometime in the nineties I handed a load of originals over to a comics speciality store called Comics Showcase, to sell. I went back nearly a year later to find out they lost them. I personally believe they were stolen, there must've been 200 dailies in their possession.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Daily Mirror turtle 01.jpg (116.3 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg Daily Mirror turtle 02.jpg (112.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Sunday Mirror turtle 01.jpg (108.9 KB, 68 views)
Old 10-30-2014, 12:00 PM   #34
Griffart
New Recruit

Just checked the scrapbooks, which look great, but these are not the ones that appeared in the Daily Mirror newspaper published in the UK.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:27 PM   #35
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffart View Post
Unfortunately I don't have have many pieces of original art left, I have 43 dailies left and 4 two tier pieces left, see attachments.
Sometime in the nineties I handed a load of originals over to a comics speciality store called Comics Showcase, to sell. I went back nearly a year later to find out they lost them. I personally believe they were stolen, there must've been 200 dailies in their possession.
hey griffart!welcome to the technodrome!thank you for sharing your work with us!..I have to say these look really good.I don't understand the punchlines I think, but this could be attributed to the fact that Im just seeing snippets of a line of gags and thus don't get the connection..anyway, they look really nice, I like your inking!all looks pretty polished, clear work..and the characters resemble the characters I grew up with back then..I think that dan bergers turtles and splinter esp on the first look don't do it for me...
a question:do you have any idea if your stories or strips were also used in german hero turtles publications back in the days?..because they really look close to the comic turtles that were available to me in the beginning of the 90s..thanks in advance!
cheers
mars
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 12:40 PM   #36
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Hey, thanks for sharing those with us!

A lot of the UK exclusive TMNT comics content is hard to come by and little known in the US. Things like the Fleetway TMHT comics that weren't Archie reprints or the Titan Fast Forward magazine comics. I didn't even know these UK exclusive newspaper strips existed.

International contract issues will probably keep these obscure comics from ever reaching our shores, so we appreciate that you're sharing some samples with us.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:01 AM   #37
johnbond87
Mouser

Would be fun

I would definitely buy this! it would be fun to read all of those comic strips
johnbond87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 04:43 AM   #38
Duke Nukem
Hench Mutant

I'd buy it, I'm sure. For those who have read them and have some idea, roughly how many pages would such a collection end up being?
Duke Nukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:08 AM   #39
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatKingLeo View Post
I hope they collect the strips, I own a complete week of original strips and would love to see them printed and be able to read the story from previous weeks that went with it.

The week I have is December 21-25 1992 does anyone have any scans or original paper clippings of these days?
Hey man, that's funny to hear, I have the original artwork for the full week of Christmas 1991! Bought them off Murph a couple of years back. Have a couple other 2 and 3 day runs of the original art of the strip as well. Really great pieces that hold a special spot in my original art collection.

I have been trying to track down more of the US Strips and been trying to snag up all of the issues of Comics Revue that I can find to get them. The Turtles feature ran in #58-82, and a lot of those Comics Revue issues in that run are tough to find. Issues #67-79 are almost non-existent on the secondary market it seems.

Good info here on the UK strip, thanks Griffart. I wasn't even aware there was a UK Newspaper strip, which started nearly a year before the US strip, until I saw that the editor's note in Comics Revue #58 mentioned it. Man I wish there was a good way to try to track down that year's worth of strips. I'd love to read that run. Your art is fantastic! Very sad to hear about the lost strips that were stolen from that dealer! I hope that artwork is saved in some archive somewhere so that those strips aren't lost forever!

Any UK fans out there still have any of the Daily Mirror and Sunday Mirror magazines this UK Exclusive strip ran in? If so, could you share scans?
Old 05-08-2016, 03:22 PM   #40
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Any news on this topic?
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idw, tmnt comic strip