The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-18-2018, 03:29 PM   #21
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

it will last as long as it takes me to kill turtles and splinter
Old 02-18-2018, 05:17 PM   #22
Gin Rummy
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Shows that deviate too much or try new things don't usually succeed, take a look at Transformers G2, New Adventures of He-Man, The Next Mutation, New Adventures of Speed Racer, Voltron The Third Dimension, these all came out to a new audience of kids who didn't accept those franchises.
Beware the Batman also comes to mind.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:31 PM   #23
sdp
-

Yes beware the Batman is another good example.

I hope it gets a second season at least, if it does then we'll get 100 episodes of this show even if it's only 100 episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Competing with the TMNT during the Turtlemania peak years probably wasn't easy for that series.
Old shows always have to compete with the new shows which is why these revivals fail if they're so soon after the previous version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Isn't that just the first Transformers cartoon with some overly elaborate transitions edited in?
Yes, it was the transformers of my generation basically, so yeah 90s kids outside of Beast Wars grew up with no transformers since this half-assed revival failed.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 05:45 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

A lot of those DC shows ended early because Cartoon Network are idiots and hate action shows. They canceled Young Justice for the same reason, and Justice League Action is seemingly over already as well. The last show that got a full run was Brave and the Bold and that's only because it came out back in 2008 when CN still aired action shows like it and Clone Wars, etc.

Nick really has no reason to do that since they went ahead and greenlit a new TMNT cartoon immediately after the previous one ended. To end it so soon would make no sense, and a waste of production time with all the new art, advertisements and creative teams that go with it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 05:46 PM   #25
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

A looooong time. This is following the same exact pattern as Teen Titans Go! before it was released, and that show is up to like 200 episodes. This show doesn't look like it's super expensive to make, either.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:19 PM   #26
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Isn't that just the first Transformers cartoon with some overly elaborate transitions edited in?
Ironically, I've always felt the CGI at the beginning of it, looks like it would've made for a pretty cool G2 Transformers series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Competing with the TMNT during the Turtlemania peak years probably wasn't easy for that series.
The New Adventures of He-Man didn't necessarily compete with the original TMNT cartoon. In the Chicago market it aired on the same channel. So if anything, the original TMNT series might've allowed for more people to be exposed to the the second He-Man cartoon, versus how many would've seen it otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
it will last as long as it takes me to kill turtles and splinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
A looooong time. This is following the same exact pattern as Teen Titans Go! before it was released, and that show is up to like 200 episodes. This show doesn't look like it's super expensive to make, either.
Yeah, there's absolutey no way of knowing yet what the lifespan of this series is going to be. We don't know yet how much we're going to like it, how many people are going to watch it, how well the toys will sell. WAY to soon to know.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:24 PM   #27
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
With the new show coming out later this year I have noticed a growing sentiment of unease among the more "hardcore" members of the community.
If by "hardcore" you mean 1-version-only fans, & by "community" you mean Facebook/Tumblr, sure... Arguably it's this site best known for being hardcore, & Rise has been met by many an open mind here.

Quote:
My question to the forum is, how long do you think ROTTMNT will last?
There is no way to know that. It looks like something that kids will like, & their vote matters more than yours or mine. If that demographic is happy, they'll have a respectable run. 30 year old men crying about their ruined childhoods do not matter. It is entirely possible that this show will perform poorly for being too different, but again, it will be many kids' first experience with TMNT (i.e. key viewers will have no bias) & we haven't even seen a second of animation yet. Not to mention if the (promising) toyline does well, this'll stick around.

Quote:
My bet is that the show will be lucky to make it past Season 2. The show just screams that Nick is cashing out their chips on the TMNT brand. Ringing out the last pennies they can squeeze from advertisers and fans alike. If Nick was truly behind ROTTMNT they would have sat on it for 3-4 years at least. 2012 TMNT's ratings were tanking towards the end of it's run. Shows like these have proven to be cyclical.
& there it is. Thinly veiled hate thread. You clearly don't understand how the industry works, either.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:29 PM   #28
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

I'm sure i'll be popular among kids, but that's not always an guarantee.

I can't get over the 11 minute run-time. It just sounds kind of lazy. I'm all open to changes but I dislike a blatant lack of effort. No time for character development or a nicely fleshed out story. When I watch a few episodes I hope i'll prove me wrong.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:34 PM   #29
Powder
So tired of this place

Like I said earlier, Adventure Time had tons of character development, lore, continuity, & it's an 11 minute per episode series. Relax for now.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:38 PM   #30
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I loooove people jumping to conclusions about 11 minute episodes. They've clearly never seen Adventure Time, Steven Universe, or Phineas and Ferb. I'm not saying this show is guaranteed that caliber of quality, but there's no reason to automatically dismiss 11 minute episodes.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:39 PM   #31
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
I'm sure i'll be popular among kids, but that's not always an guarantee.

I can't get over the 11 minute run-time. It just sounds kind of lazy. I'm all open to changes but I dislike a blatant lack of effort. No time for character development or a nicely fleshed out story. When I watch a few episodes I hope i'll prove me wrong.
There are shows like Steven Universe, Star vs, Adventure time, Hey Arnold and even Regular Show that have an 11 minute run time but have enough room for character development.
In fact this show is only 13 minutes long and it manages to fit so much content into one episode.

On topic, I see this show either lasting short(at most 2 seasons) or a long time(8 seasons) no middle ground with these kinds of shows.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:42 PM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

Just curious, why is the 11 minute runtime so popular among kids shows these days? The last cartoons I watched, like Nick TMNT, Star Wars Clone Wars and Rebels, Young Justice, etc...all still used the traditional 22 minute episode length.

Did this basically become a thing after say 2013 or so?
Old 02-18-2018, 07:48 PM   #33
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Short shows don’t bother me anymore. I watch all my shows on Hulu, Netflix and buying the seasons on DVD. I’m not even going to watch the new show until it’s on DVD or Netflix. I’m so use to binge watching that I can’t go back. I don’t mind spoilers either so it’s fine. It’s great that when an episode ends in a type of cliffhanger I can just keep watching. So 11 min is no problem when you have episode after episode to watch.

I hope this generation of TMNT fans that are kids are not use to the binge watching as I am. Other wise when episodes air ratings will be extremely poor. Hopefully though the Netflix, Hulu and DVD deals will be great enough so that the traditional ratings don’t even factor. Do companies even care about traditional ratings anymore?

Last edited by TurtleWA; 02-18-2018 at 09:19 PM.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:48 PM   #34
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Just curious, why is the 11 minute runtime so popular among kids shows these days? The last cartoons I watched, like Nick TMNT, Star Wars Clone Wars and Rebels, Young Justice, etc...all still used the traditional 22 minute episode length.

Did this basically become a thing after say 2013 or so?
What do you mean these days there were tons of shows with 11 minute run times the only difference is that instead of showing two of them at once networks(mostly CN) only show one.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:44 PM   #35
Gin Rummy
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
If by "hardcore" you mean 1-version-only fans, & by "community" you mean Facebook/Tumblr, sure... Arguably it's this site best known for being hardcore, & Rise has been met by many an open mind here.

There is no way to know that. It looks like something that kids will like, & their vote matters more than yours or mine. If that demographic is happy, they'll have a respectable run. 30 year old men crying about their ruined childhoods do not matter. It is entirely possible that this show will perform poorly for being too different, but again, it will be many kids' first experience with TMNT (i.e. key viewers will have no bias) & we haven't even seen a second of animation yet. Not to mention if the (promising) toyline does well, this'll stick around.

& there it is. Thinly veiled hate thread. You clearly don't understand how the industry works, either.

Hate? I don't hate anything about this new show. I have not seen it yet. Just asking a speculative question.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:10 PM   #36
Coola Yagami
Overlord

It'll be 3-5 most likely. And I wouldn't be surprised if it was all new stuff.... but season 3 or so will be back to Shredder, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady and Technodrome.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:57 PM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

As it should be.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:21 PM   #38
M.O.D.O.K.
Thug

It's a Ninja Turtles cartoon, and considering all the support Nick has thrown at it while we barely know much about it, I'd be surprised if seasons two and three weren't greenlit already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin Rummy View Post
Beware the Batman also comes to mind.
What killed Beware the Batman was Cartoon Network's overall treatment of action cartoons, though. There were other action shows that were killed around that time.
M.O.D.O.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:05 AM   #39
newfan
Mad Scientist

I know once or twice when I was into an ep in the other show I found myself thinking 'over already?' but often the 22 minutes was adequate for what it was. Less than that? depends on the style I guess.

Being cheaper and faster to make (Not sure how much, some of you know a lot more about that) gives it a chance of lasting, even of the toy sales aren't fantastic. The toys look ok though, I can see kids wanting them.

Last edited by newfan; 02-19-2018 at 02:11 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:19 AM   #40
Shark_Blade
Emperor

4-5 Seasons probably, like Teen Titans Go! (which is still ongoing).
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote