The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-02-2018, 09:31 AM   #1
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show

I'm sure a lot of you watched many of the Peanuts TV specials. Does anyone remember watching this cartoon as a kid. I recently started watching it online and it was a lot of fun. I'm not very big on the theme song like I used to be but the rest of the show. What are some of your favorite shorts?

My most favorite I'd have to say was "Snoopy's Robot." It was when the kids went to a computer camp and Linus built this game where Snoopy and Woodstock entered as the players and had to get to a pot of goal. Their obstacles were riding the right canoe, pitfall traps, and most of all, the "mean person" (a angry giant Lucy). Anyone remember this one?

Ironically, the short had little to do with the robot, who didn't appear til the end of the short. It was mostly just Snoopy and Woodstock in a game.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:37 AM   #2
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I do remember watching this show around breakfast time before I went to school. I enjoyed it because I've been a fan of Peanuts ever since I was little.

Quote:
My most favorite I'd have to say was "Snoopy's Robot." It was when the kids went to a computer camp and Linus built this game where Snoopy and Woodstock entered as the players and had to get to a pot of goal. Their obstacles were riding the right canoe, pitfall traps, and most of all, the "mean person" (a angry giant Lucy). Anyone remember this one?
That episode always stood out to me.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:13 AM   #3
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
I do remember watching this show around breakfast time before I went to school. I enjoyed it because I've been a fan of Peanuts ever since I was little.

That episode always stood out to me.
How so for you?
Old 05-02-2018, 04:28 PM   #4
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
How so for you?
Because the computer games they played looked like so much fun and I wanted to see if they could be found in stores.

Last edited by ranger_scout; 05-03-2018 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Changing tense
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:32 AM   #5
cammy85
Stone Warrior

That was always mandatory watching on Sunday nights, especially since we only had three channels at the time. Pretty neat to see them on every week instead of just holidays. I held the same regard for Garfield and Friends when it finally appeared.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:08 AM   #6
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Man, I used to really like the Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show. I doubt I saw it in its original CBS run, though. I know I saw it later on though, probably in reruns in the late 80s/early 90s.

Wish I could recall an episode or skit right off...aside from the one when Lucy finally let Charlie Brown kick the football. He was sick and in the hospital (he explained that his parents were away when admitting himself into the hospital) and Lucy was saying something like, if he gets better, she promise not to pull it away. He became better, and that smug Charlie Brown went up to Lucy saying he'd heard about her promise. She kept it, reluctantly, and Charlie Brown ended up missing the ball and kicking her arm instead by accident and at the end, her arm is wrapped up. I remember that one...but at the same time, not sure if I'm remembering it wrong. I mean, it could've just been a special and I know this story also happened in the comics.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 05:45 AM   #7
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Man, I used to really like the Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show. I doubt I saw it in its original CBS run, though. I know I saw it later on though, probably in reruns in the late 80s/early 90s.

Wish I could recall an episode or skit right off...aside from the one when Lucy finally let Charlie Brown kick the football. He was sick and in the hospital (he explained that his parents were away when admitting himself into the hospital) and Lucy was saying something like, if he gets better, she promise not to pull it away. He became better, and that smug Charlie Brown went up to Lucy saying he'd heard about her promise. She kept it, reluctantly, and Charlie Brown ended up missing the ball and kicking her arm instead by accident and at the end, her arm is wrapped up. I remember that one...but at the same time, not sure if I'm remembering it wrong. I mean, it could've just been a special and I know this story also happened in the comics.
A Charlie Brown Celebration
Old 05-04-2018, 04:42 PM   #8
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
A Charlie Brown Celebration
Oh, okay! So it wasn't part of the show...but one did just pop into mind for me. I'm pretty sure this was part of the Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show. Snoopy was hugging on everyone or something and not letting go. He was grateful for something. I vaguely remember it.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:06 PM   #9
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Oh, okay! So it wasn't part of the show...but one did just pop into mind for me. I'm pretty sure this was part of the Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show. Snoopy was hugging on everyone or something and not letting go. He was grateful for something. I vaguely remember it.
It was. I distinctly remember it on that show too. According to the Wikipedia article for A Charlie Brown Celebration:
Quote:
"The formula used in this special, several stories with one or two-word titles, was later adapted for the Saturday morning CBS series, The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show, which started in 1983, and used in another special, It's an Adventure, Charlie Brown."
The one thing I remember most about this series, back when it aired on Nickelodeon, was that we could hear Snoopy's thoughts just like in the comic strips. To date it's still the only time, as far as I know, that Snoopy has been fully voiced.