The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-14-2017, 06:27 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's pretty funny how Chris Bradford/Rahzar had the worst fate of Shredder's henchmen

Some spoilers for the recent Fred Wolf crossover, click back if you haven't watched it yet...

Anyway now that the show is over, it's pretty funny that Christ Bradford/Rahzar was the only death of all of Shredder's 7 henchmen in this show:

1. Karai learned she was Splinter's daughter, that her father betrayed her and mind controlled her, got revenge on her father, and now that he is dead she took control over the Foot Clan again and now leads it with Shinigami.

2. Tiger Claw declared a truce with the Turtles after the opening of the season. Most likely he has gone to make peace with his sister Alopex as well.

3. Fishface just went back to petty crime, most likely with the Purple Dragons. He left on ok terms with them.

4. Baxter got de-mutated from fly back to human in his last appearance. He's in fact the only one of them that got demutated. Most likely he went back to an ordinary life

5. Rocksteady/Bebop "turn good" and play the heroes at the end of the 80's crossover, and talk about how they want to be heroes. Most likely they join the Mutanimals or go off on their own.

Chris Bradford/Rahzar on the other hand longed to become human again, lost his TV show and dojo, then he was drowned by Leatherhead in the Season 4 finale, then brought back as a zombie/undead by Kavaxas...only to die again after Kavaxas was sent back to the underworld and Rahzar fell off a cliff.

It's like every other one of Shredder's henchmen had a happy ending or hope for the future, but Chris Bradford just died. Poor guy.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:31 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Guess thats the price for having 2 mutations.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:32 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder if the writers will reveal some inside info why they chose to only kill him off. Like if Fishface died too then you could say, "Well it seemed like they killed off Shredder's first two mutant henchmen in the show," but no, they just left Fishface off easy.

It's kinda sad, because Chris Bradford talked about how he wanted to be human again and he had fame in real life.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:46 PM   #4
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
The showrunners originally intended for Bradford to be killed off during season two, but they ultimately decided against it/that.
I don't know why, though.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:51 AM   #5
Vicky82
Emperor

I think it's because Rahzar was a loyal henchman to Shredder and he chose to follow him, that's why he was killed off.

Most of the others except Tiger Claw were forced to join the Footclan so they shouldn't be killed off.

Tiger Claw was hired to help, so he was there just for the money. But in the end he knew he made mistakes, that's why he called a truce.

Last edited by Vicky82; 09-15-2017 at 01:02 AM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 01:11 AM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

Yeah, you might argue he was the only one with a truly evil soul or something.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 01:18 AM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Was Bradford even evil? He seemed like a nice guy to me.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:36 AM   #8
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I was hoping Razhar was ressurected permanently, realized the error of his ways and became friends with Mikey.

It would've been a nice touch, considering Mikey initially saw Chris Bradford as his idol.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 09-15-2017 at 02:50 AM.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:51 AM   #9
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I was hoping Razhar was ressurected permanently, realized the error of his ways and became friends with Mikey.
That would never happen. If he survived, he would still go after the Turtles.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:55 AM   #10
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
You're right. However, I do think it would've been a better ending than what we got for him.

The first episode with him started with Mikey looking up to him, and it would've been touching if Razhar surrendered at the end but Mikey spared his life and gave him another chance, resulting in his change of heart.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:01 AM   #11
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Agreed, maybe that is why they chose to kill him?

Tiger Claw was more of a survivor so maybe that's why they didn't want to kill him...
.. the others are more comical, not so much fishface but he kinda was a little, after he was mutated.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:06 AM   #12
JH24
Hench Mutant

Bradford was the only one of Shredder’s henchman which struck me as unredeemable. The way he betrayed Mikey quickly established what sort of character he really was. And as he mutated further he only seemed to become more vicious and dangerous.

As Vicky said, Bradford was the only one truly loyal to Shredder, it makes sense in a way he ended up the same as his master.

Would I have liked seeing things come full circle and Bradford becoming friends with Mikey? Absolutely, but it just wasn’t in his character.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:01 AM   #13
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Bradford's fate was something that was going to be done anyway considering he was loyal to Shredder and never wanted to do anything else other than serve him. Makes sense he would go the way he did.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:27 AM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

In retrospect that Raph/Fishface bonding episode in Season 2 (I think it was?) when they were in Baxter's maze kind of fit. Xever hated being a mutant and he just wanted to be in regular petty crime.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:21 PM   #15
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Plus he worked for Shredder because Shredder released him from jail and he felt he owed Shredder a favor.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote