The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-13-2014, 08:25 AM   #61
kolaida
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Synopsis please for those of us who can't stream videos. ^^
Ok, here goes: Cipes and Andre are doing voice overs at start then they talk about being white nerd, black nerd, and a super white nerd. So nerds all around. Cipes looks like he's just been plucked off a a surfboard from the ocean. The word rad is said a lot by both Cipes and Ciro. Pretty sure I could play a fun drinking game with it if it wasn't so early. They talk about toys from the 80s, Ciro followed and bought the toys, didn't watch the show, though he did buy the original Turtle comic when it came out. Said he wasn't in on the parody joke because he was ten, but it did make his brain explode because it was so awesome. They talked about how they like different stories or remember a story they liked as a child and kind of use the turtles as their actors for their interpretation of that story.

Regarding toys, Wild West comes up and Ciro says they would love to do that but would have to build all different sets, etc. Andre asks about them being horror fans, and Ciro says they're all a bunch of ghouls and love horror (eww, I hate horror, lol), being 80 kids, growing up in that time. Andre asks about favorite toys, Cipes asks if there's a rock and roll Mikey, Ciro says there's a hip hop one, picture shows it, some jokes are made about a big, green Flavor Flav.

They talk about the party van, comic con in NY coming up. They are really excited about the party van, Cipes wants one to live in it outside of Nickelodeon studios, lol. They are also excited about the upcoming season, the music for the episode Into Dimension X, Seth Green coming as Leo. Ciro says it's perfect because Leo is going to be kinda reborn (one shot?) and after things settle it'll feel like the old show but amped up and it's going to be RAD!

My favorite bit is where they talk about Kevin Eastman. Ciro is over the moon how on board Kevin Eastman is with the show and that he has given approval. Cipes thinks Kev is rad and references to Kevin being Ice Cream Kitty come up. There's a joke about how Cipes licks him, and he says Kevin Eastman is delicious, lol. Ciro talks about how when Kevin wanted to do a voice they had thought maybe pizza delivery guy, but Kevin really, really wanted to be Ice Cream Kitty. When Ciro told him it wasn't really a voice, just acting like a cat, Kevin started... Acting like a cat, I guess, at least in voice, lol. There's also a clip of Kevin Eastman at a panel saying how Greg Cipes is a living, breathing Michaelangelo.

All in all, it was a fun watch and we are really excited about the party van!!! Cipes is still stoked that he's actually getting to voice Mikey, Ciro is just happy and compliments a lot of people who also work on the show and Andre is happy, too, and seems to like the idea of Wild West Turtles. It's a neat interview.

I hope that sums it up enough! If anyone feels I missed anything, please add. Hope it helps, ssjup.
kolaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:38 AM   #62
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

By the way, why do people keep calling the "Turtle Van" the "Party Wagon" or the "Party Van." I don't remember the Turtles in the first cartoon calling it the "Party Wagon." That was just the name for the toy.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:48 AM   #63
kolaida
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
By the way, why do people keep calling the "Turtle Van" the "Party Wagon" or the "Party Van." I don't remember the Turtles in the first cartoon calling it the "Party Wagon." That was just the name for the toy.
I don't know, language evolution, word association, age, cultural shifts?? I just know we are really excited about it, lol!
Old 09-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #64
Mukouno
Foot Soldier

Good summary so far, but you kinda left out my favorite part.

Black Nerd asks about Mikey's evolution so far. He mentions that at the beginning he seemed really jokey, but in season 2 he's a lot more taking charge to which Greg replies "It's a natural evolution~" because he learns from his brothers, there are a lot of big fights so he's bound to gain wisdom while still being the Mikey we know and love at heart. "Free, wild, in love with life."
Greg then says that we'll continue to see Mikey evolve and grow as a warrior. Especially when something happens to his brothers Mikey is always there, covering their backs.

Ciro then says that Mikey has always been like that, he doesn't need to be so strict on himself. He literally says "He's totally open, he's more enlightened and in the flow." He also says because things come easy to Mikey, he likes to goof of a little.

Greg comments that Ciro always makes sure that Mikey is the best fighter, that he gets the sweetest moves, saying "he's almost dancing". They want Mikey to balance the team out and so they make him more loose with his dialogue.

Greg then sums it up with: "Mikey is the ultimate ninja."

Last edited by Mukouno; 09-13-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Mukouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #65
kolaida
Foot Soldier

That's right, can't believe I missed that bit, also Cipes refers to Mikey as a now-ist, I liked that, too.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:12 AM   #66
Mukouno
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolaida View Post
That's right, can't believe I missed that bit, also Cipes refers to Mikey as a now-ist, I liked that, too.
I left that part out because I simply couldn't understand that word. Sometimes there are just words I can't understand no matter how often I rewatch it.

But thanks for pointing it out, and I agree. It fits perfectly.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I'm curious over what they said about the show.
It was mentioned already, but if you'd like I can write down what Ciro said himself when asked what we could expect of season 3.

Ciro: "I think we want to get to a place where we can start to wrap up Kraang story lines, we want to get to a place where we can kinda prepare ourselves to really deal with the Shredder story in a real way. The opportunity for Seth Green who we love to come in as Leonardo, coincidentally comes in a time where I think Leo is almost reborn. You may feel a little bit of a tone shift but what it kinda settles... it'll feel like the old show again but ampted up."

Last edited by Mukouno; 09-13-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Mukouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:47 AM   #67
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

oooh~ can't wait for season 3!
Old 09-13-2014, 11:03 AM   #68
Mellie
Foot Soldier

That guy is basically real life Mikey.
Mellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:46 AM   #69
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Why do I get the feeling Season 3 is going to trump Seasons 1 & 2 in every way?!

Everything about it sounds amazing.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #70
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Cool video

Prob sounds terrible to say, but can't decide if I find Cipes hilarious or annoying after too long. lol

(Edit: Then again, I suppose maybe the Leo fandom/similarity is showing a little in what I just said, in the sense of "hahaha too funny... ok that's enough now, Mikey/Cipes." )
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:02 PM   #71
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolaida View Post
I don't know, language evolution, word association, age, cultural shifts?? I just know we are really excited about it, lol!
It'll always be the Turtle Van to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Why would she be kidding? What's funny about that?
I thought their Internet at home was so bad it couldn't load a simple YouTube video. I wasn't aware they were in hospital with insufficient mobile data. Don't be so quick to judge.

Hope you make a speedy recovery, ssjup81!

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:41 PM   #72
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
I thought their Internet at home was so bad it couldn't load a simple YouTube video. I wasn't aware they were in hospital with insufficient mobile data. Don't be so quick to judge.
My man, you're the one who's quick to judge. & what if that were the case? Some countries don't have great internet, some folks can't afford the good internet made available to them, others exceed their download limits. Poverty is funny to you?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:22 PM   #73
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Leo reborn kind of? Besides the new VA, wonder what they mean by that?
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:09 PM   #74
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Maybe they mean that Leo's going to change with what's happened to him after he gets attacked by Shredder, and that would make sense considering what he's going to go through. I like the sound of it though, and I honestly can't wait to see what happens with that and other things. I also like what Cipes said about Mikey and how he definitely will evolve over time. That's awesome to hear.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #75
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Maybe they mean that Leo's going to change with what's happened to him after he gets attacked by Shredder, and that would make sense considering what he's going to go through. I like the sound of it though, and I honestly can't wait to see what happens with that and other things. I also like what Cipes said about Mikey and how he definitely will evolve over time. That's awesome to hear.
Think it will be like what happened to him in the 2003 series?
Old 09-13-2014, 06:07 PM   #76
Megchan
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
Probably has something to do with his vision quest.

Image by RamyB of TeeTurtle
Megchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #77
THGhost
Puppet Master

I'm glad that Ciro mentioned them wrapping up the Krang storylines. I think a lot of us are sick to death of seeing them. Myself included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
My man, you're the one who's quick to judge. & what if that were the case? Some countries don't have great internet, some folks can't afford the good internet made available to them, others exceed their download limits. Poverty is funny to you?
It is when you overreact about it. Because not being able to afford good Internet really counts as "poverty".

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Prob sounds terrible to say, but can't decide if I find Cipes hilarious or annoying after too long. lol
I agree with the latter slightly. You can only say "rad" so many times before it starts to grate.

Quote:
I think they mean voice artist, i.e. Seth Green taking over the voice of Leo for season 3.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42

Last edited by THGhost; 09-14-2014 at 08:43 PM.
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:37 AM   #78
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Think it will be like what happened to him in the 2003 series?
Possibly could be, though I'm not sure on that.

And, TH, Ciro said it's more than just changing the VA. So I think he's going to change after his ordeal with being ambushed.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #79
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Possibly could be, though I'm not sure on that.

And, TH, Ciro said it's more than just changing the VA. So I think he's going to change after his ordeal with being ambushed.
Hmmm, I wonder what other changes would be in store for us, because when the leader changes, it causes a bit of a domino effect. Would he get closer or further away from his brothers? Or would there be just one in particular he starts to confide in? What if this beat down makes him feel kind of vengence towards Karai? Could one of the other Turtles now make it their quest to find Karai and try to mutate her back? Maybe this ordeal of his will make him more closer with April, putting Donny and Casey at odds with him, or maybe he becomes more close to Casey. How pissed off is Splinter going to be seeing his prized son being beaten nearly to death? Think we might get some everlasting scar on Leo like the 2k3 toon did for a bit?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 11:14 AM   #80
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

I think for a bit hey'll go into revenge mode and slowly mature like what happened in the 2003 series.