The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-23-2007, 04:27 PM   #221
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

That OSU comeback was crazy. This is why I picked them to win, because when you think they're beatable they turn it on and dominate.

I'm really pulling for Vanderbilt tonight.
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:58 PM   #222
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Double post for an awesome bball weekend.

Well the Final 4 is set.

Florida-UCLA in a finals rematch
Georgetown-OSU

Both should be tremendous games. I have UCLA getting their revenge over Florida and OSU beating Texas(oops). I'm most excited about Gtown-OSU, because of the battle that will be going on inside between Hibbert and Oden. I didn't see much of Gtown during the regular season but have grown to like the way they play throughout the tourny. I hope Hibbert takes it to Oden.

How about Georgetown coming back in the last few minutes and then absolutely dominating the Tar Heels in OT?

The best game of the weekend came at the D II level. Was anyone watching that game? Did anyone catch the highlights? One of the best finishes I've ever seen.

Final Four thoughts?

Last edited by Mr. Snackpants; 03-25-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:12 PM   #223
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Snackpants View Post
How about Georgetown coming back in the last few minutes and then absolutely dominating the Tar Heels in OT?
How about it? I am drunk, thats how I feel.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:42 PM   #224
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

I'm rooting for Georgetown now, their reppin' the Big East well.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:00 PM   #225
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Well, my beloved Gators have weathered a few more storms...UCLA is looking very good so hopefully we can pull it out...

Wouldn't that be nuts if there was UF v OSU title game?! I mean, what are the odds??
Old 03-26-2007, 02:34 PM   #226
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

I am rooting for your gators TMNTerminator. I want them to win because of 2 reasons..first of all I think they are good for the game (their starters returned instead of going to the nba) and if they win again the dook fans here will shut up about how they are the only team to have back-to-back titles.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:47 PM   #227
Revan
Han Shot First

can you imagine the buckeyes vs. the gators in the champ game. two teams playing in the football champ and then playing in the bball champ.

I hope they do play each other and it's the same score as the football champ game.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:50 PM   #228
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
can you imagine the buckeyes vs. the gators in the champ game. two teams playing in the football champ and then playing in the bball champ.

I hope they do play each other and it's the same score as the football champ game.
Perhaps Greg Oden will run back the tipoff for a touchdown.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:10 PM   #229
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
I am rooting for your gators TMNTerminator. I want them to win because of 2 reasons..first of all I think they are good for the game (their starters returned instead of going to the nba) and if they win again the dook fans here will shut up about how they are the only team to have back-to-back titles.
I was thinking that same exact thing...Except I'm still rooting for Gtown first, because like I said before, they're reppin' the big east well, and they aren't reallll rivals of uconn right now, if that makes sense.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:20 PM   #230
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

I think the winner of Gtown-OSU will win the NC. I don't think Florida or UCLA will be able to handle either of them.

EDIT:

Anyone watch or see highlights of 'Sheeds game tying shot? I only caught the last quarter and OT obviously, but my friends and I were going nuts. It wasn't just the shot...down three, opp. has the ball with 1.5 secs left and you gotta steal it and chuck up a shot in the direction of the basket. Unbelievable.

Last edited by Mr. Snackpants; 03-26-2007 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:48 PM   #231
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
Yea man, it would be great to finally show these guys they dont have run off and be pros after just a yr or 2... of course it helps when you have such an amazing supporting cast around...im not so sure any of them would have come back unless they ALL agreed to do so, cuz it wouldnt quite be the same...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Snackpants View Post
I don't think Florida or UCLA will be able to handle either of them.
Dude, you're smoking some serious crack...
Old 03-27-2007, 07:05 PM   #232
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
Yea man, it would be great to finally show these guys they dont have run off and be pros after just a yr or 2... of course it helps when you have such an amazing supporting cast around...im not so sure any of them would have come back unless they ALL agreed to do so, cuz it wouldnt quite be the same...

Dude, you're smoking some serious crack...
Haha.

So what's going to happen with your coach once the seasons over? Will he stay put or pack his bags for Kentucky?

I'm sure it's every young college coaches dream to one day work his way up to a UNC/Duke/UCLA/Kentucky job. But Billy D. has a chance to really build Florida into something big, so if I were him I would stay...but who knows.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:49 PM   #233
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
Well whatever the scenario was, its very commendable that they stayed. Its sad but true..the college basketball ranks are sometimes used now as a springboard to the NBA.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:04 PM   #234
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Quote:
Well whatever the scenario was, its very commendable that they stayed. Its sad but true..the college basketball ranks are sometimes used now as a springboard to the NBA.
And it's a shame to because college basketball(well sports in general) are much more fun to watch and keep up on. Once they go pro, it's basically all about the money. Sometimes it feels like they don't have a love for the game anymore because they're on top and getting paid big bucks.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #235
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

I agree Mr. Snackpants. The NBA to me is just unwatchable. I have followed the Bobcats some in their brief existence (since they drafted Felton and May) but I cannot even watch it most of the time. I am just too used to the college game and the excitement it brings..plus being that I live on tobacco road its such a huge thing here.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:06 PM   #236
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Besides watching my Pistons whenever possible, I hardly watch any NBA games. I keep up with it all on Sportscenter and the internet, but I get tired of having Lebron and Kobe shoved down my throat. I do however really get into the playoff because they matter, but the regular season bores me (except for the Pistons). The thing I love about the Pistons is their team play and how they actually try to play defense(well, not as much anymore...screw you Ben). They "play the right way" and don't really have any massive egos.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:11 PM   #237
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

The Pistons have Rasheed, a great former Tarheel. Not to mention Larry Brown when he was there.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:34 PM   #238
bmxbandit
Foot Soldier

boooo clemson lost the NIT championship to West Virginia. i really wanted an ACC team to win it.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:36 PM   #239
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxbandit View Post
boooo clemson lost the NIT championship to West Virginia. i really wanted an ACC team to win it.
Man, they are just wrapping up the NIT? I honestly wasn't even aware it was still going on. Since the UNC guys are out of it I am now paying close attention to the UNC ladies..they have a tough task ahead of them in the Final 4 when they face Tennessee.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:44 PM   #240
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

Tennessee will probably win it all.

Now that UConn got eliminated.