The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #1021
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
I just can't understand how BAD the Magic are sucking...I thought they were so much better than this. Watching them heading towards 0-3 is such a shame.
I know... maybe they should have lost a game or two on purpose in the first and second round. These guys have no desire to win at all, they looked defeated before the game even started.

This means it'll probably be a LA Boston finals...again. Lose lose. I'm sick of these teams winning. I'm rooting for Phoenix hardcore now.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #1022
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Yep, and Phoenix is laying a fat egg too...these young centers I guess. I would have loved a Magic-Suns championship. But yea, its looking like Celts-Lakers rematch. I'll be rooting for the Celts (though I really disklike Big Baby) cuz Kobe is just so full of himself.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:42 AM   #1023
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yep, and Phoenix is laying a fat egg too...these young centers I guess. I would have loved a Magic-Suns championship. But yea, its looking like Celts-Lakers rematch. I'll be rooting for the Celts (though I really disklike Big Baby) cuz Kobe is just so full of himself.
I can't root for either team, in fact as much as I follow the NBA I probably won't watch the finals. It'll be too painful.

And I too was hoping for a Suns/Magic finals -- even before the playoffs started (of course it was originally Suns/Bulls ). It's disappointing when teams make huge strides and play well all season only for the same handful of teams winning a championship.

PS thanks for Joakim Noah
Old 05-23-2010, 07:10 AM   #1024
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

What about how GOOD the Celtics are playing?

They BEAT LA! again this year in the Finals.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:30 AM   #1025
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectocooler View Post
PS thanks for Joakim Noah
I know! I'm so happy with how's been playing, and getting consistently better every year. Of the "Big 3" Gators, Noah was the one I was most worried about but I've been pleasantly surprised. I was rooting for the Bulls. I think they have such a great, young core. Hopefully, they can keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff the cheff View Post
What about how GOOD the Celtics are playing?

They BEAT LA! again this year in the Finals.
Yea, can't deny it. I was in the camp that had sort of written them off - you know, "too old" and all that- but they have been playing with a feroicousness. They have that hunger they had back in '08 and if they keep it up, I think they can win another championship.

Poor Nash. Unless he gets traded, he's never gonna get a ring.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #1026
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Well if the rumors are true... Bosh wants to play with LeBron and will sign with whatever team he signs with if they can pay him too. LeBron has Chicago in his sights according to a lot of "sources". Bulls have enough cap space to afford both guys.

PG Rose
SG Hinrich
PF Bosh
SF James
C Noah

That's dynasty right there.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #1027
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

I've been hearing about these "sources" as well. But you have to wonder if he wants to go to an established winner as opposed to one who is currently buliding. Though I suppose its the "builders" who can give him the most dough. Should be very intersting how all this turns out. That lineup would be pretty spectacular though. Do they have that kind of cap?
Old 05-23-2010, 06:45 PM   #1028
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Do they have that kind of cap?
Yep. Plenty of cap space. And I don't see it being any different than Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett going to Boston. Actually this is better since Boston sucked before those guys and Bulls have made the playoffs 3 times in the last 4 years.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:42 PM   #1029
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Ah, well if thats the case I really hope that works then. Would be a bit weird seeing him in a Bulls jersey (what # he going to use? Didn't he have a different high school number?) but I suppose if he plans on being the greatest ever, what better place to go to. And yes, lots of similarties to the Celts when they amassed the big 3. We'll see if Chic can make this happen.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #1030
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Ah, well if thats the case I really hope that works then. Would be a bit weird seeing him in a Bulls jersey (what # he going to use? Didn't he have a different high school number?) but I suppose if he plans on being the greatest ever, what better place to go to. And yes, lots of similarties to the Celts when they amassed the big 3. We'll see if Chic can make this happen.
I'm probably getting my hopes up only to have them come crashing down and burn and we'll sign Joe Johnson to the max or something. Still if there was any time to be a dreamer as a Bulls fan it's now.

Orlando I don't know about. Obviously they have to upgrade Vince Carter but with whom? It'd suck if Dwight is Shaq 2.0 and skips town to get his rings.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:11 PM   #1031
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectocooler View Post
I'm probably getting my hopes up only to have them come crashing down and burn and we'll sign Joe Johnson to the max or something. Still if there was any time to be a dreamer as a Bulls fan it's now.

Orlando I don't know about. Obviously they have to upgrade Vince Carter but with whom? It'd suck if Dwight is Shaq 2.0 and skips town to get his rings.
I've always been a Bulls fan. I can still remember having high hopes for Kukuc leading to the promise land after Jordan retired (again).

I wonder how the firing today affects James. Clev's got like 30 days to make it happen.

And yea, Orlando is a mess. Vince was supposed to upgrade Turk and now we need to upgrade him...I really thought that this year, as opposed to last, was their best chance as they were really clicking on all cylinders. Would that be something for the team that swept the 1st 2 rounds to get swept in the Conf. finals?! Let's see how they play tonight.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #1032
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Good hard win by Orlando, Dwight is unreal.

Honestly this series isn't over. Taking the game to overtime you could see how tired the celtics were. They'll be tired going into game 5 now. Win that one and it's a new series. I doubt they'll win the series but at least they're showing some fight.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:40 AM   #1033
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Finally Dwight showed up! I'm still not completely convinced by these guys though as for me the win amounted to 2 things: a bit of over-confidence by the Celts and 2 ugly, yet lucky 3s by Jameer in OT. But we'll take it!
Old 05-26-2010, 08:20 AM   #1034
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

2010 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship

Th Czech Republic won the men's 2010 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship in Germany before Russia and Sweden.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #1035
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Magic do it again. Is this going to be the first team to come back from a 3-0 deficit? I hope so!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:58 AM   #1036
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

I know! I'm not trying to get my hopes up but at least I feel better about their playing. I just wish they had played like this earlier...

And wasn't that insane about all those injuries?! I honestly can't even remember the last time I've seen a concusion in a BASKETBALL GAME, much less two!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:14 PM   #1037
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I know! I'm not trying to get my hopes up but at least I feel better about their playing. I just wish they had played like this earlier...

And wasn't that insane about all those injuries?! I honestly can't even remember the last time I've seen a concusion in a BASKETBALL GAME, much less two!
I missed the third quarter of the game because I had to run an errand. But when I got back everyone was telling me what happened, sounded pretty funny, but I hope they're ok (sorta maybe... but not really ).

Now for tonight... GO SUNS!!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 05:22 PM   #1038
tone-master21
Mad Scientist

Getting back to Lebron the Bulls have about 23 million to spend on free agents is summer and which would only land them one max free agent. They would have to sign and trade Deng or Hinrich to Cleveland or Toronto if they wanted both Lebron and Bosh. As for Lebron’s number they say it’s going to be 6.

As a Bulls fan I can only hope.

Spoiler:

Images are from sendlebrontochicago.com
Old 05-29-2010, 01:23 PM   #1039
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Didn't Bosh say he would take a pay cut if he could sign with LeBron? It's probably bogus. Unfortunately JR will never pay the lux tax even if we have a championship caliber team in the making (though he says he would if they look like they could win it all I still don't believe him). Hopefully we can find someone to take Hinrich or Deng with their inflated contracts.

I'm not a fan of LeBron but I am a fan of winning so I'll take him, I won't be his #1 superfan though. That still goes to Rose
Old 05-30-2010, 11:25 AM   #1040
tone-master21
Mad Scientist

I don't remember where I read it, but I think it was said that Toronto might go for a Deng and Gibson for Bosh trade. But I think Toronto really wants Noah and the Bulls have said that they wont trade Noah. Yeah, but your right I don't think any team would want Hinrich's $10 mil. a year contract.