The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-09-2024, 10:23 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

So Peter Laird is 70 now

With recent news of Akira Toriyama passing away at age 68 (creator of Dragon Ball), I've gotten a bit concerned about the co-creator of TMNT. I notice in some recent interviews that were on youtube, PL's voice sounds a lot weaker than it used to. I assume he's still in good health, but it makes me sad knowing how old he has become. Granted a weaker voice probably doesn't mean much, Patrick Stewart's voice has noticeably changed and lost its luster in Picard and new interviews but he is still in good health.

Anyway, hopefully Peter still has another good 10-15+ years in him. I don't think I'm ready for one of the creators of TMNT to pass away.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 11:39 PM   #2
Braeden99
Random Punk

We need one more Mirage book by the two creators before Peter goes. Doesn't even need to be crazy, just something they'd have fun with.
Braeden99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 10:26 AM   #3
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Of course it had to be Cubed to make this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braeden99 View Post
We need one more Mirage book by the two creators before Peter goes. Doesn't even need to be crazy, just something they'd have fun with.
I agree. I know he still has it in him. Always preferred his view over Kevin's.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 10:44 AM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think in general people are noticing a lot of celebrities or actors dying one after another, and we all know why. These people were already old when we were kids, meaning many of them were already 30-40 back then. And now that *we're* all 30-40 years old, naturally they're all 20-30 years older which is why they're all in their late 60's or 70's now.

It's kinda sad because in the next 10-15 years or so, all our childhood heroes will probably be dying one after the other. All the famous actors, singers, voice actors, writers, creators....hell it's already happening. Stan Lee died, Kevin Conroy died, Princess Leia died, Akira Toriyama died, etc.
Old 03-10-2024, 11:37 AM   #5
frank_one
Mad Scientist

A man and his obsession with aging.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 12:20 PM   #6
ResidentEvil7
Thug

It's sad and unfortunate that any of us has or will die some day, but no one lives forever.
ResidentEvil7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 12:53 PM   #7
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

I think speculating on it in hopes of more TMNT content is sort of morbid. The man created turtles, so he could live to 120 for all we know.

I get it, but I just think it’s a touchy thing to discuss. I have a feeling he’s going to team up on something with Kevin this year. Maybe a short story but at least another cover. It’s the 40th anniversary after all.

Btw if you guys aren’t watching the Kayfabe YouTube channel this last year then you are missing out on priceless interviews with both Kevin and Peter as they look back on the Mirage issues together.
BornAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 05:04 AM   #8
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgain View Post
I think speculating on it in hopes of more TMNT content is sort of morbid. The man created turtles, so he could live to 120 for all we know.

I get it, but I just think it’s a touchy thing to discuss. I have a feeling he’s going to team up on something with Kevin this year. Maybe a short story but at least another cover. It’s the 40th anniversary after all.

Btw if you guys aren’t watching the Kayfabe YouTube channel this last year then you are missing out on priceless interviews with both Kevin and Peter as they look back on the Mirage issues together.
I watched them all and they're pure gold...apart from David Choe's fanboyism lol

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 07:08 AM   #9
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think in general people are noticing a lot of celebrities or actors dying one after another, and we all know why. These people were already old when we were kids, meaning many of them were already 30-40 back then. And now that *we're* all 30-40 years old, naturally they're all 20-30 years older which is why they're all in their late 60's or 70's now.

It's kinda sad because in the next 10-15 years or so, all our childhood heroes will probably be dying one after the other. All the famous actors, singers, voice actors, writers, creators....hell it's already happening. Stan Lee died, Kevin Conroy died, Princess Leia died, Akira Toriyama died, etc.
I'm dreading Arnold Schwarzenegger dying, he's 76 now, he was my biggest childhood hero growing up. I'll be 40 in 4 years. I was saying to my mother yesterday that I'm nearly in my 40s and she looked surprised. She said to me "My son is getting old"
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 07:47 AM   #10
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

Please, Laird…PLEASE don’t bite the big one until after I meet you in person.

That would just be another addition to my list of regrets
Old 03-12-2024, 11:25 AM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntpower1988 View Post
I'm dreading Arnold Schwarzenegger dying, he's 76 now, he was my biggest childhood hero growing up. I'll be 40 in 4 years. I was saying to my mother yesterday that I'm nearly in my 40s and she looked surprised. She said to me "My son is getting old"
The biggest crime will be Arnold dying without ever getting King Conan.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 01:49 PM   #12
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntpower1988 View Post
I'll be 40 in 4 years.
Oh to still have four years left.

Only "positive" of *cough* 45 coming next month is that my sister joins this decade at the end of the year. And my brother-in-law in 6 months. Bwahahaha... Their turn for that painful countdown.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 03:36 PM   #13
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchistguy View Post
I watched them all and they're pure gold...apart from David Choe's fanboyism lol
I wanted to comment that David needs to stop interrupting but I felt bad bc he does have enthusiasm. Kept killing the flow though and probably weirder Pete out.
BornAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 04:08 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

I only watched the most recent one of those youtube things, the one where they covered #8 with Renet, but I noticed Peter Laird hardly talked at all for the whole 1 hour and 40 minute length of it, and when he did speak he only said a few lines and his voice sounded really weak. Most of the time he was just listening to what Kevin and the hosts were saying.

Peter really does look and sound very old now, it's noticeable his voice has gone.
Old 03-12-2024, 06:04 PM   #15
ResidentEvil7
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I have been waiting 40 years for a third Conan movie with Arnold. It was promised so many times, but it still hasn't been made yet. Yes, it would be a crime to not finish the trilogy. They should choose the old director, John Milius to direct.
ResidentEvil7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 06:25 PM   #16
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentEvil7 View Post
I have been waiting 40 years for a third Conan movie with Arnold. It was promised so many times, but it still hasn't been made yet. Yes, it would be a crime to not finish the trilogy. They should choose the old director, John Milius to direct.
It seems unlikely to happen according to Arnie:

https://cosmicbook.news/arnold-updates-king-conan-movie

I haven't seen the Conan movies in years so I don't remember anything about them. I must watch them at some point. I haven't watched his Hercules movie, just seen clips of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Oh to still have four years left.

Only "positive" of *cough* 45 coming next month is that my sister joins this decade at the end of the year. And my brother-in-law in 6 months. Bwahahaha... Their turn for that painful countdown.
Time just goes by so quickly now, I remember back in the school days time used to really drag in I used to have a nice 1987 TMNT schoolbag. I know my parents took a picture of me with it, I remember seeing it in one of the photo albums. I must have a look for that photo some day I used to try and go down into the sewers to look for the turtles. My dad had me believing there were Clangers on the moon too
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote