The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-28-2018, 01:33 PM   #8081
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It this point, it's just making sure it will actually type. There are some kinks with spacing...and actually having the "space" symbol.

To my DeviantArt
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:49 PM   #8082
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

When something quite disappointing happens and really bums you out at work early in the shift, then you finally get to go home many hours later your toxic mother just decides to make it worse. On Easter. Nice.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:49 AM   #8083
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I feel ya, Indigo. Work has been a pain in my arse lately too.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:41 PM   #8084
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

To add to the work side of yesterday's grind...

See, there's this little fixture piece I'd been rather wanting. It had been part of the kid's department that I oversaw. I've kept an eye on it for quite a while, but it's still been in use so couldn't really go trying to take it yet. At this point stuff is dwindling down a lot, but I was trying to keep stuff in it so possible interested customers would leave it alone.

Saturday I mentioned it to a manger after I'd gotten off work, and I'd hoped to maybe take it home that day. I figured this guy was probably the best to speak to, as he's more likely to give me a price, rather than I think the others probably thinking I should wait and ask the liquidation lady another day since this fixture isn't on the price list.

Unfortunately, this manager was also leaving at the same time I was, but said he'd look at it the next day (yesterday/Easter) for me. Okay, great, that'll work.

Were it not for the fact that it was 7pm, the next day was Easter, and I needed to get home to get stuff done because I've got to be up early to be back into work again the next morning (Easter), I might have stayed and tried another manager. But again, I thought they'd put it off to wait and see what the liquidation lady says...

Anyhow, in the morning I'd seen this guy for a minute, but he was in a conversation with another manager so I didn't want to bug him right then. A short time later I'm looking around the damn store for him and I'm wondering where the heck he's off hiding at because I'm not seeing him anywhere... By the time I came back around toward the front of the store I finally spot him, going over to this snobby woman who works in the Land's End department. Talking to him about the SAME damn fixture I wanted! She'd taken it upon herself to dump out the remaining stuff from this fixture (from MY kid's dept) and put it aside for herself.

So I went over there to see what was up and commented that it's the SAME thing I was wanting to ask about. (I never got to tell this manager WHAT it was Saturday... I'd tried to describe it, but he kind of vanished as he was more focused on going out to get his vehicle to load up something he'd bought.)

So as I'm asking, this snobby woman states to me "I'M buying it." And thus I told her that I've had my eye on it (literally) for three (or more) MONTHS." Since before I even knew we would be able to buy this stuff and was only wondering if that would happen... And before that since I'd liked it already.

Naturally... she ended up with it. Despite the fact that I was the one who had asked about it first the day before and had originally hoped to take it home THAT previous evening, AND at that exact moment I'd been TRYING to find this manager to ask him to check it out for me as he said he would...

So I pretty much ended up feeling a bit sick over that and day ruined. It's hard when you want to kick something so hard to let it out and you just can't.

I should have stayed Saturday and somehow taken it home... I hate the fact that I wasn't off the clock until 7pm, else I'd have certainly hung around. And I can't "shop" when I'm on the clock, even though this woman totally paid for it while she was working... She might be Land's End's manager (or not?), but still shouldn't be okay.

And then it felt like she was proud of herself as she walked past me with it in a cart on her way to take it to her car. UGH. I wasn't exactly fond of her before, I don't care for her snobby seeming, rather superficial personalty, but even less now.

I hope that manager at least TOLD her that, yeah, I'd asked about it first, the evening before and he'd said he'd look at it for me... I like him, he's a nice enough guy, but I hope he felt like a little bit of an ass. He didn't exactly know what it was I was talking about, so it's not entirely his fault, but he could have listened to me more the previous evening or gave it a moment of his time.

Ugh. To think this snob was so close to going in Sunday and finding it gone already. Dammit. I really should have hidden it. I'd considered it, but I was afraid if I emptied it out and put it aside that either it would get moved or a customer would take it. She better count her damn cocky self lucky. And sucks that it seems to be the only one we had in the whole place. It would have sucked enough had I'd just gone in one day a while ago and found it gone, but to have asked first and then had it ripped out from under me... Just wtf. I couldn't even go to sleep easy last night because I was so mad over that happening.

There's also a little ladder I would not mind having, but I've been told (by the liquidation lady) that that sort of thing won't be available until after we close... IF it's available, because the maintenance guy apparently gets first dibs. (Oh come on, it's a small ladder used primarily by MY team, but he gets dibs on any of it including what he didn't use?) Too bad I couldn't have first dibs on things from MY department. Damn Land's End woman who just helped herself to it... Just feels rude since WE weren't done with it. It should have been me, or one of our people, who decided when we were done using it.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-02-2018 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:16 AM   #8085
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

my aquarium is leaking. Luckily it's located in the bathroom so no water damage on the floor like last time so at least it won't cost me $1300 this time around, and I got a spare tube of silicone I just need to get the filler gun back and have the time to do it...
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:38 PM   #8086
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Uh oh. Glad we're talking air breathing creatures (are turtles are your only aquarium critters?), but that still sucks.

I keep striking out on this stuff for sale at work... We have (or had) these little wood box rectangular shelf things (abt 32" tall/long and divided into 2 square spaces), most of them sitting lined up the last few days.

Even if the liquidation lady priced them way too high and I'm not about to pay $40 a piece for these things (hell no), I still had ideas and took a small measuring tape so I could write down the dimensions in hopes that the price might go down before we close.

We had quite a few of them. HAD. A whole line of them, and one more sitting in their fixture "showroom" space. Saw a couple of the managers and asked if they'd been moved or someone suddenly up and bought them all... Yup, bought all but one. o.O

Maybe I'll take home the last one later if I can get a better price and its still there... or free after we close would be nice. But wish there were two so my idea would have at least half worked out.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:56 PM   #8087
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Yeah, I only got turtles in it since they just end up eating the fish I've tried to add to the aquarium, so I'm not doing that again since it could be considered giving them live food.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:05 PM   #8088
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

It should seriously not take me over an hour and a half to get across the river.
Traffic is stupid today, and I can only imagine it's because it's raining. What is it about precipitation that makes people drive like idiots?
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:26 PM   #8089
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

never cut fingernails in low light. chipped a small peice of thumb skin away thinking it was side nail. ugh.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:52 PM   #8090
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

OWWW !

That sucks!

To my DeviantArt
Old 04-03-2018, 08:41 PM   #8091
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

*cringe* I've done that a time or two on a toe. >.<

That said, your comment led me to go voluntarily suffer though looking at gross nail/feet images online trying again to figure out my weird pinky toe nails. I think I'm sufficiently grossed out for the night.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:12 PM   #8092
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I've just had multiple dizzy spells in a row, and I'm not sure if it's from a combination of "it" and my anemia...

To my DeviantArt
Old 04-05-2018, 03:47 AM   #8093
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Crap...

I broke the neck joint on my SHF Fujiko figure when I tried to take her head off. I wanted to see how Karai's head would look on a taller body since S.H. Figuarts Body Chan is a bit on the short side.

I donno what I feel about Nick Karai having a mile long cleavage, but I guess I have a spare body now that Fujiko is broken

But she does look better compared to Black Body Chan since that figure is a bootleg, although SHF Fujiko got some weird legs.

Last edited by Candy Kappa; 04-05-2018 at 03:54 AM.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:36 AM   #8094
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

It's like...

How Karai looked going into the photo studio.

How Karai looked on the magazine cover after drastic Photoshopping. *controversy ensues*

Sorry about the other doll head. Any chance the company would send a replacement head, or is it long out of production?
Old 04-05-2018, 10:23 AM   #8095
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

haha Yeah, I can totally see that XD

I think I'll keep her on the Body Chan buck and maybe get a legit one, there are legit Body Chan/Kun figures in back just not the Deluxe edition.

I didn't think about that, I'll try to contact Bandai if they can get me a replacement part, that would be less hassle. But I also have like 50 figma/revoltech joints on my way in the mail and have a couple of spare joints that might be small enough.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:42 PM   #8096
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

"Adult Karai on Tumblr"
The gun is pretty funny too, all things considered.

To my DeviantArt
Old 04-07-2018, 04:49 PM   #8097
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Was able to get the little ladder from work that I always kind of wanted. My own manager cut me a good deal on it, purposely outside the involvement of the liquidation person. (That woman had recently suggested she thought it would be about $40 but my manager let me have it for $17. )

Edit: This was really supposed to go in the happy maker thread... lol Been a long day.

4/8 - RIP my local Sears, lifelong neighbor and job for the past 2 1/2 year... Officially died today at age 55. (But at least I'll still have another week or so to say goodbye, to it and some of my coworkers, while I'm there to help clean up.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-08-2018 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:44 PM   #8098
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So, I got a sour lemon in an otherwise good day.

Looked at some apartments (and room furniture) with my boyfriend. We won't actually get it for a while, but it was still nice to see what he was liking.

And then...as we were about to reach a sidewalk...

Boyfriend: Today has been a good day!
Me: Yes, it has been a good day! *Immediately trips on the curb*

Not an hour later, and my knees and palms still hurt.

To my DeviantArt
Old 04-10-2018, 12:58 PM   #8099
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

****ing nazis...

Yesterday was the date when the Nazis invaded Norway back in 1940. So some human trash wanted to commemorate it by decorating out city with nazi banners, flags , xenophobic barf and replaced the UN flag at the Archive (a WWII museum that used to be Gestapo's torture house) with the Nazi flag.

3 people have been charged with the vandalism, and they're of course members of Nordfront, the same nazi group that was illegally marching in my city last summer to demonstrate against "the gays".
Old 04-12-2018, 10:00 AM   #8100
newfan
Mad Scientist

Currently, brain fog, concentration outside of routine things isn't great at the moment. It'll pass.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote