The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 04:57 PM   #81
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Sigh~ I don't mind more humor but a straight comedy show isn't what I'm looking for in TMNT at the moment. I was fine with the shift towards humor in Nick TMNT. I don't want it to go "serious" like 2k3 but would prefer something akin to ATLA. A nice blend of drama and comedy that doesn't result to gross out to be funny half the time.

Not looking forward to this but will wait to hear more before dismissing it entirely.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:58 PM   #82
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I wonder why they decided to go the 2D route? is it to cut the cost of making it CGI, which I know can be expensive to make.
Fred Wolf was 2D. That's all the reason they need, I'm sure.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:01 PM   #83
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Fred Wolf was 2D. That's all the reason they need, I'm sure.
But 2D is easier to make, Not too much details, so it would take less time to produce episodes and get them out faster.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:01 PM   #84
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Oh my Gooood, if they make an episode where they make fun of Teen Titans like Teen Titans Go made fun of TMNT, I'll diiiiiie.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:05 PM   #85
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
But 2D is easier to make, Not too much details, so it would take less time to produce episodes and get them out faster.
Depends what they're doing. CGI is much easier if you're introducing a whole world and adventures and such as you can just re-use the same elements over and over again. No drawing needed.

Now, if it's something like Teen Titans Go, then there's really not too much movement. The time it probably takes them to draw and "animate" an episode is probably the same or less than the time it would take the Nick animators to make polygons move.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:05 PM   #86
PixieAnna1
Random Punk

If it's anything like Half-Shell Heroes, I'd be fine with it.
But if Nick is trying to bank on TTG's style then god help us.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:20 PM   #87
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieAnna1 View Post
But if Nick is trying to bank on TTG's style then god help us.
I don't know that it really makes much big difference if they're making a new TMNT show for 5 year olds, instead of show for 9 year olds.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:24 PM   #88
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

I pretty much called the next show would be 2D after seeing the Comic Con Shorts.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:25 PM   #89
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
If 2012 Mikey has often been played off pretty childish while he's supposed to be in his teens... I can only imagine what "a younger and lighter feel" show Mikey will be like.
Yeah, that's what is really gonna bug me. One of the things I've never really cared for about the 2012 was how goofy and moronic they wrote Michelangelo. There's a difference between being the one that's a little bit more light-hearted and then being completely incompetent at times.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:27 PM   #90
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndaquilfan123 View Post
I pretty much called the next show would be 2D after seeing the Comic Con Shorts.
Yeah, it's no surprise given how well received that Half Shell Heroes special was received.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:34 PM   #91
LilithMV
Thug

It's great, new show equal new figures. Even if it's still Playmates. And personally I have a preference for 2D animated TMNT.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:41 PM   #92
snake
Disgusting

Not exactly what I want, but I'll take it, especially if it's in vein of the HSH specials. I still have my IDW.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:54 PM   #93
CyberCubed
Overlord

Teen Titans Go literally doomed all other action cartoons. Now they think that's what all cartoons should be like. Goddamn Cartoon Network.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:55 PM   #94
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

You haven't even seen footage yet. Calm down you, freakin' man-child.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:56 PM   #95
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Teen Titans Go literally doomed all other action cartoons. Now they think that's what all cartoons should be like. Goddamn Cartoon Network.
No, out of touch execs who got pissed at girls watching shows that were "meant for boys" is what killed action cartoons.

They're not even fully dead. TMNT is finishing it's run, Rebels is on, Samurai Jack is coming back, and that new Voltron show that I haven't watched yet is an action cartoon.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:57 PM   #96
CyberCubed
Overlord

This is what I always do. You should see my posts from 2009 when we found out the 2k3 series was ending, I was going beserk.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:58 PM   #97
Chris
Mad Scientist

Well this announcement came sooner than expected! I thought they'd finish season 5 before confirming a new show.

I've enjoyed the 1st Nick show. It definitely had its ups and downs but it's been a good run overall (and to be honest if Owari had been the end I would have been content). Right now I'm just looking forward to seeing how the guys move forward in a post-Splinter & post-Shredder world. That's something that that most incarnations never get round to tackling. Hopefully they get to explore some new directions & give us a really strong final season.

"Younger & lighter" definitely isn't my preference but I'm not the target audience. If it's enjoyable that's great, if not I can skip it (I still have IDW & all my 4Kids DVDs). This is for the next generation now. The Nick show, like 4Kids before it, grew up with its audience, getting darker & more violent as it went along. We can probably expect resets/reboots like this every 5-6 seasons now. It gives each generation their own version, Nick the boost of a new show & Playmates a full line relaunch. From a business perspective it makes sense, especially with the 2012 story drawing to a close & the toy line winding down.

I'm a bit concerned about the show being 2D. I love 2D but I really don't like the current flash style animation most shows use today. I get that it's cheaper to make but it looks so cheap and nasty compared to older shows. Something at least equivalent to BTTS (4Kids last & presumably cheapest season) would be nice.

With them announcing it so soon I wonder when we can expect to hear more. SDCC seems too soon and likely will be a send off for the current show. Maybe NYCC? That would be about a year out and the current show should be wrapping up by then (barring any massive breaks to make it last till next spring). We'll almost certainly be seeing stuff at Toy Fair next February so I imagine we'll be seeing something before then in terms of character designs at least. Looking forward to seeing the design work for this!

The premise sounds interesting. It has the potential to be either a fun new take or a Next Mutation level misstep. Hopefully the former.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:02 PM   #98
AquaParade
Banned

I don't get too invested in tmnt animated series these days, but my one hope is that this can be the version of tmnt aimed at children, while opening up the movies and allowing them to be aimed at a more adult crowd.

That seems to work well for Marvel and DC.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:08 PM   #99
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
while opening up the movies and allowing them to be aimed at a more adult crowd.

That seems to work well for Marvel and DC.
That should have already happened with the Nick cartoon.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:08 PM   #100
ABrown
Banned

I don't see what there is to be upset about. The next series HAS to be better than the crap shack that Nickelodeon has been airing the last five years. If I had to guess, they're going to try to make an identical duplicate of the original cartoon. Given how in love with that show Nickelodeon clearly is.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters