The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-29-2018, 03:20 PM   #181
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I hope they still use a cloth or cloth-like material for the mask.
Have NECA used soft goods on 1/10th figures before? I'm a bit skeptical on anyone that isn't Mezco when it comes to that kind of fine detail cloth.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:06 AM   #182
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Was today the day you guys were hoping for more pictures?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:51 AM   #183
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

They said they have more reveals for today. They haven't explicitly said if any will be TMNT related or not.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:58 AM   #184
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Were waiting for SDCC exclusive reveal, they can only sell these 7inch henson turtles on SDCC so...
Old 05-30-2018, 11:52 AM   #185
Psycho50501
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Have NECA used soft goods on 1/10th figures before? I'm a bit skeptical on anyone that isn't Mezco when it comes to that kind of fine detail cloth.
Yeah they have capes on thier Batman and Superman figures are cloth
Psycho50501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:54 AM   #186
Psycho50501
Foot Soldier

Only two reveals left so it's either on Friday,Saturday,Monday or Tuesday.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:46 PM   #187
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho50501 View Post
Only two reveals left so it's either on Friday,Saturday,Monday or Tuesday.
What happened to Thursday?

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:05 PM   #188
Psycho50501
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
What happened to Thursday?
They said next reveal is Friday.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:56 PM   #189
NoPressApril
Hench Mutant

I've gotta chime in here and say congrats to the people that wanted these but *IF* after last years incredible set of 8 figures they are really only releasing 4 movie turtles this year then I understand those that are disappointed with it. Unless there is a Judith Hoag, Elias Koteas, or even a Danny figure in that box I probably won't even jump through the hoops to get one.
Now what I was really hoping for was another set just like last years but with new art for the case, the same 4 turtles as last year but with added trenchcoats and fedoras and with April, Splinter, Human Baxter and some OT mousers in the bottom tray. I haven't completely given up on this year yet though, for all we know there could be 2 sets like the arcade and mirage sets with the second set actually being April, Casey, Shredder and Danny. I guess we'll find out soon.
NoPressApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:10 PM   #190
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

Anyone know what the deal is with the Dimension X figs? Are they releasing the same time as these movie figs?
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:18 AM   #191
Will not be censored

As far as I know, Judith Hoag and Elias Koteas would be able to demand compensation for the use of their likenesses and all of the legalities involved tend to slow fruition of something like this (which all of you seem to feel entitled to) down. Unless this has been happening behind the scenes, don't expect to see an extra four figures unless you want to be more reasonable and expect Shredder, two Foot, and Splinter or Casey with a non-removable mask. 7" figures coming out as part of the movie line before their 1:4 counterparts would definitely be a game changer.

As far as the Dimension X line goes, who knows? There seems to be a lot more confusion about what is coming out and when these days. Everything seems to either get delayed by two to three months. The fact that they can't afford delays on the 7" convention exclusives probably explains why the 1:4 line is getting neglected and we haven't seen anything truly new in a very long time other than accessories for the 1:4 scale figures which came either with a recycled Raphael or 1:1 scale baby turtles.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 05-31-2018, 10:02 AM   #192
NoPressApril
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
As far as I know, Judith Hoag and Elias Koteas would be able to demand compensation for the use of their likenesses and all of the legalities involved tend to slow fruition of something like this (which all of you seem to feel entitled to) down.
Wanting a Judith Hoag figure since 1991 isn't entitlement, after 27 years I think it's safe to call it a dream. Now let's discuss entitlement. Entitlement is guilting people for not taking pictures of their finds in stores for you or for not picking them up and sending them to other members. How about the belittling of people because they don't buy from you? Yep, that's you too. You are the very last person here that has ANY right to call someone else entitled. Find a new word cause pot kettle and all of that.
NoPressApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:45 AM   #193
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPressApril View Post
Wanting a Judith Hoag figure since 1991 isn't entitlement, after 27 years I think it's safe to call it a dream. Now let's discuss entitlement. Entitlement is guilting people for not taking pictures of their finds in stores for you or for not picking them up and sending them to other members. How about the belittling of people because they don't buy from you? Yep, that's you too. You are the very last person here that has ANY right to call someone else entitled. Find a new word cause pot kettle and all of that.
Honestly, Latin Kings, between posts like that, and all the discussion of scalping very hard to obtain TMNT figures, you're not making it very easy to like you.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:33 AM   #194
Will not be censored

I only need people overseas and people on ebay to like me.
Quote:

Old 05-31-2018, 12:37 PM   #195
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

I'm overseas and scummy f*cks like you are the only way I can get these figures, but frankly, I'd rather go without than line your pockets.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:08 PM   #196
rh608
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
What if the game changing are not the figures themselves but NECA being finally able to sell these figures at every retail store? Don't know about you guys but that would be "game changing" in the truer sense of the word to me
Good point! They have hinted at good of regarding retail as well. I have been silently hoping for a broader retail market from them.
rh608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:14 PM   #197
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Crazy thought, but what if both open slots are TMNT. The movie figs and Dimension X maybe. It would be funny if the 4th character was pictured all along. The technodrome. But I'm sure that's just wishful thinking on my part.

This reminds me of Christmas. We used to always have some packages under the tree early. I loved fantasizing about what figures might be in the boxes.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:26 PM   #198
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh608 View Post
Good point! They have hinted at good of regarding retail as well. I have been silently hoping for a broader retail market from them.
If they go wide retail? Ill be providing the whole drome with these things! Dromer discount included!

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:43 PM   #199
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
What if the game changing are not the figures themselves but NECA being finally able to sell these figures at every retail store? Don't know about you guys but that would be "game changing" in the truer sense of the word to me
That's an interesting guess!

Here's a new one: Maybe they were trying to deliver some sort of pun with "game changing". Perhaps the Arcade sets did really well and now they'll be issuing out a "Turtles in Time" box-set. "Game changing", "changing game". I'm trying here.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:19 PM   #200
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
The most I've ever seen is these... http://necaonline.com/2016/02/bill-a...igure-box-set/