The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-07-2019, 02:16 PM   #301
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Good Sony you are learning from your mistake with the last movie. I can't ****ing wait for this.

Ghostbusters and a 3rd Bill and Ted movie coming out in the same year. Hell Ya
Old 06-07-2019, 03:36 PM   #302
Vegita-San
Emperor

the first shot better be weaver ina real proton pack

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:53 PM   #303
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I wonder if it's possible the kid stuff is being intentionally misrepresented. i.e., they factor into things a lot less than we think and are being told.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:11 PM   #304
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I think the kids and original GBs get pretty even roles. At least one has to be related to one of them.

I kinda hope the threat does not center around Dana again. Her apartment/herself then her job/her baby.

Being married to Peter or Oscar being involved is ok but the supernatural can affect pretty much anything.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:34 AM   #305
TMNT-Leonardo
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
An example: “We are, in every way, trying to go back to the original technique and hand the movie back to the fans,” which almost sounds like Reitman is saying the 2016 female-fronted reboot from Paul Feig wasn’t for “fans”, and doesn’t have it’s own fans. Sure, this is nitpicking, but after everything the cast went through just for being females stepping into the proton packs, sort of a big step back.

- "Answer The Call" was NOT "for fans".
- Any fans it has aren't fans of Ghostbusters, but rather, fans of "drinking salty fanboy tears". AKA, "Awful people, worse than the so-called awful people they 'stand against'."
- The movie did NOT get slammed for being all-women. Having a "Gimmick" like "The All-Female Ghostbusters", or, "The All-Kids Ghostbusters" is a lousy and lazy idea on its face, and people attacked a bad idea for being a bad idea.
- People predicted that at least half the movie would be Man-Hating horse sh*t, and lo and behold, IT WAS.
- Everyone in it gave a career-worst performance. I can say that with confidence, despite not seeing most of these people in anything else, because if THIS is standard to how each of them perform, then NONE of them deserve a job in Hollywood. So I assume whatever else they've done was better than THAT.
- The final product was slammed for being Not Funny, poorly-shot and staged, and far too much terrible improv. NOT because they cast four women.
Ok wow....

First off, saying anyone who is a fan of the 2016 film isn't a Ghostbusters fans is just childish. It's really whinny fan entitlement attitude. That's troll level thinking. You're not a true fan if you like this film? Well, you're not a true fan if you like anything other than the Mirage TMNT comic. That logic doesn't work, and only fuels the thinking that people who hate the reboot are whiny fan boys or sexist adults. I know people hate the reboot for many reasons and that's ok, but saying stuff like that doesn't help. You hate it? Fine, but don't put down people who do like it.

Also, this movie was being slammed left and right before anything was even filmed. Before any cast was announced or trailer shown. At the very beginning their was a hate campaign against it. Using the argument that "they hated it because it was a bad movie" really doesn't work here, because they hated it before they even saw anything. If anything, they hated because it was remake.

Even with that in mind, the outcome isn't any better. You're still left with fans and trolls harassing the director and actors for making a film. I've seen tons of Facebook posts on fan groups about the 2016 film, and it's almost always left with angry emotions. The post can be about wishing a cast member a happy birthday, and it'll still be filled with hate comments. Then you have fans slamming the original actors for "selling out". Overreaction is putting it lightly.

Regarding the sexist angle, while I agree it wasn't a major part, it was indeed their even if was REALLY minor. I have seen people making comments how women can't be Ghostbusters because reason whatever, even though we have had one in the past with Kylie, two if you include Janine who did a few times in the Real. I don't think it was significant enough to be brought up, it's just Sony decided to go with that angle.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:09 AM   #306
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT-Leonardo View Post
Ok wow....

First off, saying anyone who is a fan of the 2016 film isn't a Ghostbusters fans is just childish. It's really whinny fan entitlement attitude. That's troll level thinking. You're not a true fan if you like this film? Well, you're not a true fan if you like anything other than the Mirage TMNT comic. That logic doesn't work

Of course it does, in this case.

Paul Feig isn't a ghostbusters fan. He didn't want to do a true ghostbsuters movie. What he did, was do a Paul Feig Movie, with Ghostbuster attributes, stuck in by sony.

Hence, you are not really a true ghostbuster fan if you like a paul feig film claiming to be ghostbusters.

The same can't quite be said for the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy, but it's damn close to crossing that line.

Now, can you BECOME a REAL Ghostbuster fan by using feig as a stepping stone to get into the true stuff? absolutely. that's a different argument.

But you are not a fan of what the REAL Ghostbusters universe is if you just like the paul feig movie. that's something totally differnt IMHO.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:38 AM   #307
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

vegita, the no true Scotsman ghost
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:05 AM   #308
TMNT-Leonardo
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Of course it does, in this case.

Paul Feig isn't a ghostbusters fan.
Where is your proof of that? Because the film he made wasn't what you wanted, so he's not a fan? Well I can say you aren't a Ghostbusters fan either. Do I have proof to back that up? No, but neither do you for you assessment of Feig. He could be a Ghostbusters fan that wanted to try something new. Just like how the 2012 TMNT did something new, and it's creators were fans. And I know there were plenty of people who didn't like the 2012 series.

And if you're gonna pull out the "He said fandoms are assholes" argument, that's been debunked long time ago because his statement was made before the 2016 film and it was referring to how fandoms HAVE assholes in them, not that they are. He's right about that, given the how Star Wars fans went after Jake Lolyd for Phantom Menace. Fandoms have good people and bad people. Nothing in that statement is wrong.

Quote:
He didn't want to do a true ghostbsuters movie.
A "true" Ghostbusters movie? Can you actually describe what a "true" Ghostbusters movie is? This movie had proton packs, ghosts, ghostbusting, humour (remember that humour is subjective to the individual). It had all the ticks of what is in a Ghostbusters movie. Weather they executed it right is another matter.

Quote:
Hence, you are not really a true ghostbuster fan if you like a paul feig film claiming to be ghostbusters.
Nope. Not how that works. This is true fan mentality at it's worse. Weather or not YOU personally like the film is irrelevant. If the film was made and licensed by whoever holds the copyright, it's Ghostbusters. It may be a very different version, but it's still Ghostbusters. Coming out of their Shells is a version of Ninja Turtles. Next Mutation is a version of Ninja Turtles. Dragon Ball Evolution is a version of Dragon Ball. I hated Dragon Ball Evolution to the max, but it was still an officially licensed thing.

Quote:
But you are not a fan of what the REAL Ghostbusters universe is if you just like the paul feig movie. that's something totally differnt IMHO.
Again with the true fan/not real fan crap. Why is it they aren't a fan just because they only like the 2016 film? Can I then say you're aren't a Ninja Turtle fan if you only like 80s cartoon? Or can I say, you aren't ninja turtle a fan if you like any other version of TMNT other than the 80s cartoon?

You're using the "No True Scotsman" fallacy, and it's a very poor argument.

Last edited by TMNT-Leonardo; 06-14-2019 at 12:51 PM.
TMNT-Leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:05 PM   #309
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT-Leonardo View Post
A "true" Ghostbusters movie? Can you actually describe what a "true" Ghostbusters movie is?
Not this:

Old 06-14-2019, 12:12 PM   #310
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Not this:

but a ghost BJ is fine?

plus, the dance scene was cut from the theatrical release
Old 06-14-2019, 01:09 PM   #311
TMNT-Leonardo
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
but a ghost BJ is fine?

plus, the dance scene was cut from the theatrical release
What's funny about that is I've seen people complain about Holtzman licking her proton gun and saying how "sexual" it is, but when the ghost BJ from the first film is bought up, they say "No it's fine, because that was a dream." The original scene it came from wasn't even a dream though, either way the double standard is kind of funny.

Anyway, dance scene...yeah campy but the cartoon started doing pretty campy stuff too. I'd argue some of the later seasons of RGB are worse than anything from the reboot, because those are meant to be based around the original, with established team personality and tone. The reboot was a new universe and team, so there's a little more leeway. But the later RGB seasons? Man, Venkman season 5 was almost nothing Venkman season 1.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:09 PM   #312
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
but a ghost BJ is fine?
When is that ever not?
Old 06-14-2019, 01:10 PM   #313
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Not this:

The problem is, you'll have a bunch of people that will now defend that it's THEIR Definitive version of ghostbusters. BUT, they will REFUSE to see the REAL Ghostbusters material made by people who respect and understand the franchise.

It's like being a fan of BattleToads, and then claiming you are a true ninja turtles fan..without seeing any real ninja turtles content. you just saw the imitation of the popular item.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:19 PM   #314
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Not this:

or Queef Jokes or shooting the no ghost logo in the balls
Old 06-14-2019, 04:04 PM   #315
TMNT-Leonardo
Hench Mutant

Quote:
The problem is, you'll have a bunch of people that will now defend that it's THEIR Definitive version of ghostbusters. BUT, they will REFUSE to see the REAL Ghostbusters material made by people who respect and understand the franchise.

It's like being a fan of BattleToads, and then claiming you are a true ninja turtles fan..without seeing any real ninja turtles content. you just saw the imitation of the popular item.
So, it's their definitive version of Ghostbusters. BIG DEAL. That's their problem if they only want that version. Just like it's your problem if you don't want the 2016 version. One doesn't effect the other. There are people who refuse to watch any other version of TMNT except the 80s version. Some claim that your not a fan if you watch anything else. Surprise, TMNT is doing fine despite that crowd only wanting the 80s version. A small crowd only likening one version isn't going to do any damage. Every franchise has that and they survive.

Also, you're really reaching with the Battle Toads comparison. That was a franchise that was trying to copy another without any legal rights. Ghostbusters 2016 was LITERALLY licensed by the property holders. By that alone it is a REAL version of Ghostbusters. It may not be the 1984 film, but trying to compare it to knockoff that wasn't even licensed is hilarious. That's not even taking into account that Dan Aykroyd, Ivan Reitman and Jason Reitman acknowledge it as part of the franchise.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:03 PM   #316
Sumac
Banned

All those "true fans" arguments are such crap.

There is no such thing as a true fan.
It's just an argument used by people with some horrid entitlement towards whatever they defend.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 04:20 AM   #317
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I can't wait for a real Ghostbusters movie, it has been so long since we got one. It could still suck, but it will still be better then that failed reboot attempt.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:06 AM   #318
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
I can't wait for a real Ghostbusters movie, it has been so long since we got one. It could still suck, but it will still be better then that failed reboot attempt.
Real Ghostbusters had a movie?
Old 06-15-2019, 08:08 AM   #319
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
All those "true fans" arguments are such crap.

There is no such thing as a true fan.
It's just an argument used by people with some horrid entitlement towards whatever they defend.
In a way, this movie wasn't really a third sequel or anything, while this one will be, so in a sense, no, it wasn't a true Ghostbusters movie.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 10:45 AM   #320
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
In a way, this movie wasn't really a third sequel or anything, while this one will be, so in a sense, no, it wasn't a true Ghostbusters movie.
again, it's not about being a 'true' fan. it's about being a 'real' fan.

and in this case, you can't be a real fan if the only thing you'll ever exopse yourself too is the copy of the real thing. and a half hearted one at that.

It's like watching Dragonball Evolution and suddenly saying you love the dragonball universe.