The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-07-2015, 07:37 AM   #161
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior

I kinda prefer the color scheme on the cover to what they went with, but all the same. I'm more concerned and excited for the contents inside the book, rather then the cover, but I am so glad Duncan is the one drawing them, and hope he continues to do the covers for these collections.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 09:26 AM   #162
Etsyturtle2
Banned

As for the brown, I couldn't care less. But, I'm stoked for this. I loved the first and can't wait. I picked up on the series around thirty and need to fill in the gaps.
Etsyturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:50 AM   #163
THGhost
Puppet Master

I understand the inconsistency, but it's not like he's blue or anything. Then I would be annoyed.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:17 AM   #164
Lampy
Stone Warrior

Not bothered by it so much that it'd keep me from getting it. I did say it was still a great cover. And I'm glad it was Duncan on art duties for the covers. He's still one of my favorite TMNT artists in the IDW series so far. So I don't hate it. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this nonetheless.
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:29 PM   #165
Mewzard
Hench Mutant

Just got my IDW Collection Volume 1. Perfect to reread from in waiting for Volume 2. Really is a nice release (and a good followup to my purchase of Volume 6 of the Ultimate Collection).

So, what do you guys think will be in Volume 3?
Mewzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:57 AM   #166
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewzard View Post
Just got my IDW Collection Volume 1. Perfect to reread from in waiting for Volume 2. Really is a nice release (and a good followup to my purchase of Volume 6 of the Ultimate Collection).

So, what do you guys think will be in Volume 3?
Presumably "City Fall" (with "Villains" micros #3-8 mixed in) and "Northampton." That would put us at 18 issues. Maybe the first annual, probably not the X-Files crossover.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:22 AM   #167
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Kamikaze View Post
Presumably "City Fall" (with "Villains" micros #3-8 mixed in) and "Northampton." That would put us at 18 issues. Maybe the first annual, probably not the X-Files crossover.
They could also fit in the three "Utrom Empire" issues.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:09 PM   #168
Mewzard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Kamikaze View Post
Volume One had issues 1-12, and the Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo, Leonardo and Splinter one shots for 17 issues.

Volume Two is solicited as having issues 13-20, the Casey Jones, April, Fugitoid, Krang, Baxster Stockman one shots, and Secret History of the Foot Clan mini for a total of 17 issues as well.

Volume Three covering that material does seem reasonable (give or take a villains micro and possibly including the first annual). I suppose they can go a little bigger or smaller depending up what they feel is reasonable.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:53 PM   #169
AquaParade
Banned

Are there any other idw tmnt released hardcovers that are the same size/height as this book?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:55 PM   #170
Mewzard
Hench Mutant

Well, it's just a bit shorter than the Secret History of the Foot Clan Workprint HC I have, so a decent bit shorter than the TMNT: Ultimate Collections and the Deluxe Edition of IDW's first arc, Change is Constant.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:35 PM   #171
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Well, it's just a bit shorter than the Secret History of the Foot Clan Workprint HC I have, so a decent bit shorter than the TMNT: Ultimate Collections and the Deluxe Edition of IDW's first arc, Change is Constant.
Thanks. Anyone know about the size relating to the 25th anniversary hardcover or Souls Winter hardcover?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:09 PM   #172
Mewzard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Thanks. Anyone know about the size relating to the 25th anniversary hardcover or Souls Winter hardcover?
The Souls Winter Hardcover is just a bit shorter than the Secret History of the Foot Clan hardcover, and seems to be just a bit taller than the IDW Collection Hardcover (very small difference).
Old 02-12-2016, 05:22 PM   #173
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Oh man... I just ordered the IDW collection from their website. Boy do I sure hate the Canadian dollar right now
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:48 PM   #174
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
They could also fit in the three "Utrom Empire" issues.
Quote:
Volume Three covering that material does seem reasonable (give or take a villains micro and possibly including the first annual). I suppose they can go a little bigger or smaller depending up what they feel is reasonable.
If they end #3 with "Northamtpon" and start #4 with "Utrom Empire" (and skip the Ghostbusters crossover like they did Infestation 2 and probably will X-Files), they could get all the way through "Attack on Technodrome" in 19 issues, which would give the book a good arc in itself.

My guess is the collections will have those sorts of themes to them. #1 is the whole first year story, #2 is everything from that second year before "City Fall," #3 will probably be "City Fall" and its fallout, #4 would be the return to NY/early Mutanimals/Technodrome stories, then #5 is Mutanimals/Vengeance/Casey & April, and so on.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:50 PM   #175
CyberCubed
Overlord

It'll be very disappointing to see the Ghostbusters crossover skipped. I mean it doesn't matter to me since I own the TPB of it, but in these big omnibus its a glaring omission.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:05 PM   #176
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It'll be very disappointing to see the Ghostbusters crossover skipped. I mean it doesn't matter to me since I own the TPB of it, but in these big omnibus its a glaring omission.
It's being skipped? Huh. Lucky I picked it up today on a whim when I went to pick up the IDW Collection Vol 2.

Btw, here's a look at the spines if anyones interested:
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:13 PM   #177
Powder
So tired of this place

Oh snap, this is out now? Gonna have to get on that soon.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:14 AM   #178
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
It's being skipped? Huh. Lucky I picked it up today on a whim when I went to pick up the IDW Collection Vol 2.
Bobby suggested it might be, but said he didn't know for sure since he doesn't work in the reprint department.

It's likely a royalties thing, so it wouldn't be surprising if it was skipped. That said, the Transformers IDW Collection hardcovers included the Avengers crossover miniseries, something they had to pay royalties to reprint, so there's at least some sort of precedent.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:26 PM   #179
CyberCubed
Overlord

As far as we know the annual is being skipped as well, which is odd because they don't have to pay royalties for that. Not that anyone really misses much from skipping Eastman's annuals...but still.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:40 PM   #180
Mewzard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
As far as we know the annual is being skipped as well, which is odd because they don't have to pay royalties for that. Not that anyone really misses much from skipping Eastman's annuals...but still.
Well, how open is the exact placement of the annual? Could it fit being in the next Hardcover? Or maybe since it already got a Hardcover release, they figure that's fine enough?

Tags
tmnt