The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-08-2018, 04:21 PM   #21
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It was really only Season 4 and Season 6 that didn't end on a big episode. It seemed every other season the writers considered that possibly being the shows last season (in case the show was canceled), so they gave it a good proper ending for that point.
If you're watching Season 4 in the right order it should be Splinter Vanishes which is an interesting episode to end the season with.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 04:38 PM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Splinter Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
If you're watching Season 4 in the right order it should be Splinter Vanishes which is an interesting episode to end the season with.
Splinter Vanishes rocked!
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:24 AM   #23
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I expected a big battle. When we got that at the end of Season 3 I was honestly stumped as to what could happen next.

Planet of the Turtleoids was a season finale and was a damn good one. 6 I have no idea but 4 I guess if you watch Splinter Vanishes as the last episode of that season.
"Sleuth On The Loose" was the last episode in Season 6 and a darned epic one!! Professor von Volt + Doomsday Device + robots + competent henchmen + Miss Agatha = well-written/suspenseful finale!!

Last edited by cammy85; 03-09-2018 at 09:30 AM.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:43 AM   #24
Vegita-San
Emperor

I would have PREFERRED Dregg be defeated, in season 9.

then we get a return of Shredder and Krang for a slightly longer season 10 to wrap things up. Have Shredder win an invasion, the Turtles become freedom fighters. they win over the human race.. and eventually destroy the technodrome in a blow up. Boom. end of story.

But, what we got wasn't bad either. It was pretty odd seeing a dimension x/technodrome episode without the main bad guys in it. but at least they where referenced in SOME way.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:48 PM   #25
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I would have PREFERRED Dregg be defeated, in season 9.

then we get a return of Shredder and Krang for a slightly longer season 10 to wrap things up. Have Shredder win an invasion, the Turtles become freedom fighters. they win over the human race.. and eventually destroy the technodrome in a blow up. Boom. end of story.

But, what we got wasn't bad either. It was pretty odd seeing a dimension x/technodrome episode without the main bad guys in it. but at least they where referenced in SOME way.
True. When they went to the Technodrome in Dimension X in the final episode I was hoping for Shredder and Krang to pop up and fight the Turtles. Come to think of it, the Turtles(it was only two of them, to boot) risked a lot by going inside the Technodrome on their own assuming Shredder and Krang or Bebop or Rocksteady wouldn't be there to ambush them or something. It looked abandoned but it wasn't fully destroyed. In fact, in the Turtle Trek episode, we get the idea the big mofo is wrecked for good. So how did the Turtles know it'd still be there and Krang's body had managed to avoid any damage at all? Good ol' Fred Wolf inconsistencies. FWIW, David Wise wrote Turtle Trek, while Divide and Conquer was written by Jeffrey Scott.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:44 AM   #26
Overlord

I wonder who picked the Technodrome from that hole on Balaraphon? It could probably be easy done with a tractor pull, but who did it?
Old 03-10-2018, 09:34 AM   #27
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I wonder who picked the Technodrome from that hole on Balaraphon? It could probably be easy done with a tractor pull, but who did it?
One theory is that the plant didn't consume it fully and was strong enough to spit it back out of the pit. But I like yours too!!!
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 02:45 PM   #28
Overlord

The idea of the turtles walking through an empty Technodrome in the final episode is great, because it echeos all the way back to the early episodes when it was full-powered and able to run over entire cities!

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 10-20-2018 at 02:54 AM.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:34 PM   #29
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
I always thought that after Shredder and Krang escaped and Bebop and Rocksteady were eaten by the plant, it had nothing more to devour and decided to throw the technodrome out of its hole.

Shredder and Krang would've then likely tried to repair the technodrome, until they saw it was a lost cause, which caused them to abandon it.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 03-10-2018 at 03:40 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 04:05 PM   #30
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I always thought that after Shredder and Krang escaped and Bebop and Rocksteady were eaten by the plant, it had nothing more to devour and decided to throw the technodrome out of its hole.

Shredder and Krang would've then likely tried to repair the technodrome, until they saw it was a lost cause, which caused them to abandon it.
Man, I still remember when people thought Bebop and Rocksteady were either dead or lost somewhere in Dimension X.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 04:23 PM   #31
Overlord

Here's a fanfiction writer theorizing what happened:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6481997/1/The-Long-Road

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 03-17-2018 at 03:40 AM.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:23 PM   #32
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Man, I still remember when people thought Bebop and Rocksteady were either dead or lost somewhere in Dimension X.
Whats to prevent that from being the case nowdays?

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:27 PM   #33
Vegita-San
Emperor

I always assumed they where lost. or still working with shredder and krang. yet for some reason, Mung ONLY met Shredder and Krang one time, and thus that was all he transported.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:34 AM   #34
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I always assumed they where lost. or still working with shredder and krang. yet for some reason, Mung ONLY met Shredder and Krang one time, and thus that was all he transported.
Mung had probably no interest for teleporting Bebop and Rocksteady to Earth.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:43 AM   #35
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Every season had a proper finale but a few:

Season 1 has a finale

Season 2 has a major finale

Season 3 has a major finale

Season 4 literally ends on a mad scientist filler episode (lol)

Season 5 ends with Planet of the Turtleoids, a pretty big ep

Season 6 ends with a random episode

Season 7 ends with a big finale, the Technodrome lost in Dimension X while Shredder/Krang are on Earth

Season 8 ends with a finale

Season 9 doesn't end of a finale, but it clearly sets up Season 10

Season 10 ends with a decent finale.

It was really only Season 4 and Season 6 that didn't end on a big episode. It seemed every other season the writers considered that possibly being the shows last season (in case the show was canceled), so they gave it a good proper ending for that point.
Wasn't there like 2 companies running TMNT show at the same time, which resulted in plotholes and some inconsistencies?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:22 PM   #36
Overlord

Season 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Wasn't there like 2 companies running TMNT show at the same time, which resulted in plotholes and some inconsistencies?
Are you talking about season 4, which CBS took over right in the middle of the season?
Old 03-11-2018, 04:12 PM   #37
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Are you talking about season 4, which CBS took over right in the middle of the season?
Yeah, probably.

I remember, someone had said that at some point 2 companies had rights to broadcast new episodes of OT and each were doing it on its own schedule.

I might be mistaking, since I don't how and when exactly OT TMNT was shown on American TV, though.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 05:26 PM   #38
Overlord

Original airdates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Yeah, probably.

I remember, someone had said that at some point 2 companies had rights to broadcast new episodes of OT and each were doing it on its own schedule.

I might be mistaking, since I don't how and when exactly OT TMNT was shown on American TV, though.
All airdates

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ries)_episodes

Seasons 1-3 air in syndication. So did some early-season 4 episodes, before CBS took over airing the rest of season 4, and all of seasons 5-10.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:31 PM   #39
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
All airdates

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ries)_episodes

Seasons 1-3 air in syndication. So did some early-season 4 episodes, before CBS took over airing the rest of season 4, and all of seasons 5-10.
Yep, correct.

Quote:
Splinter Vanishes rocked!
So much so I bought a copy of the script from the writer.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:36 PM   #40
Overlord

I don't think syndication exists outside the USA (except maybe also in Australia and Canada).

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 03-17-2018 at 03:40 AM.