The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 11-06-2019, 03:17 PM   #41
mikey0
Foot Elite

I wouldn’t trust MyTeeFineStuff because of links like this one:

https://myteefinestuff.com/product_i...ducts_id=10112

Unfortunately, there aren’t any online sites with the shipment dates for every Playmates Toys TMNT case sold since 1988.

ChicagoTMNT1 fan could search for Usenet boards and online newspaper articles for mentions of the original Playmates toy line. That could help with some years for his book. Ultimately, there still isn’t a site with every accurate release date for the original TMNT toys.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:03 PM   #42
ChicagoTMNTfan1
Thug

Just realized that all 4 Talkin’ Turtles have card and Flag variations. Yay, lol.
ChicagoTMNTfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:34 PM   #43
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTMNTfan1 View Post
Just realized that all 4 Talkin’ Turtles have card and Flag variations. Yay, lol.
Card variations? I never knew that.

The Quik Strips Accessory Pack to the Talkin’ Turtles sub-wave does not get as much recognition as the Gags, Jokes, and Crazy Weapons sets either.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:18 PM   #44
ChicagoTMNTfan1
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Card variations? I never knew that.

The Quik Strips Accessory Pack to the Talkin’ Turtles sub-wave does not get as much recognition as the Gags, Jokes, and Crazy Weapons sets either.
I wish I knew how to post photos on here so I could show you but yes. Each turtle has a variation. Accessory variation is the flag packaged with the turtle. Each turtle has 2 flag banners. The card variations; I’m assuming the first release is the one that has Donatello saying radical dude with no starburst on the back & the second release has him saying let’s party and includes a starburst promoting the accessory pack. I also found out there is a variation to the pizza thrower box.
ChicagoTMNTfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:54 PM   #45
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTMNTfan1 View Post
I wish I knew how to post photos on here so I could show you but yes. Each turtle has a variation. Accessory variation is the flag packaged with the turtle. Each turtle has 2 flag banners. The card variations; I’m assuming the first release is the one that has Donatello saying radical dude with no starburst on the back & the second release has him saying let’s party and includes a starburst promoting the accessory pack. I also found out there is a variation to the pizza thrower box.
After digging through photos on Google, I saw the first Talkin’ Donatello with the Chill Out flag that has the talking cloud sticker with “TALKIN’ DONATELLO “Chill Out” & “Radical, Dude!” on the blister and card with the illustration of Donatello saying “Radical, Dude!”. Also, there is the Talkin’ Donatello with the Chill Out flag with a Toxic Crusaders insert. The second Donatello (last quarter of 1991 or 1st quarter of 1992 release) has the Let’s Party flag with the starburst promoting the accessory pack as you pointed out. It’s been a long time since I have seen the Talkin’ Turtles on card in person.

I did not know there was a box variation to the Pizza Thrower. I’ll have to look closer at each Pizza Thrower I come across on eBay and Worthpoint.

Last edited by mikey0; 12-04-2019 at 05:05 PM.