The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-10-2019, 02:00 AM   #601
Turo602
The King of Kings

I don't usually keep up with or buy figures, but these were too damn perfect to miss out on. My brothers and I each ordered ourselves the 4 Turtles from Gamestop, and the next day my sister who isn't really into the TMNT like we are did too. Really weird, but these things are a goddamn work of art so I don't blame her. Really surprised they've been taking orders for days. Thought they'd be gone quickly. Mine should be arriving today or Monday. Easily gonna be one of my most prized items in my collection.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:28 AM   #602
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

I am surprised they are still up as well. I do have a feeling that this might be it in the US once they are gone though.
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 11:26 AM   #603
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

Do you guys think they'll put up individuals though? I have my Leo I pre-ordered, but I still need the other three...
Old 08-11-2019, 12:51 AM   #604
stcardinal
Foot Soldier

The new NECA turtles apparently have new head sculpts for Mikey and Raph. Mikey is more smiley and Raph has a more open mouth with gritting teeth. Mikey's nunchucks also now have bendy wire instead of the rope/glue

stcardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 03:58 AM   #605
Otter
Stone Warrior

Okay... so how am I going to get my hands on these.

Popcultcha are great, but I don't think I can ask them to go through their stock looking for variants.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 09:20 AM   #606
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Okay... so how am I going to get my hands on these.

Popcultcha are great, but I don't think I can ask them to go through their stock looking for variants.
Popcultcha are sold out off the first stock and will not Get this relase unless us and europe dont sell all ther stock.that wath Neca told me so its unlikly pop will Get a restock and the reason i did have to preorder from uk.but fore you australian people i hope its will be some leftover so you also can Get this new version.and the people that did miss out on the first relase
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 09:22 AM   #607
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndaquilfan123 View Post
Do you guys think they'll put up individuals though? I have my Leo I pre-ordered, but I still need the other three...
Why not just order a set and sell your leftover.it woued be a shame to miss out just because you did wait fore a singel relase.
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 10:25 AM   #608
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndaquilfan123 View Post
no that would be the smart thing to do. Neca didn't think that maybe some of us don't have the almost 100 for the bundle.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:41 AM   #609
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

These are coming out in the UK in Nov, I wonder if the new face sculpts are for the UK/EU release?

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 04:38 PM   #610
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Purple Dragon View Post
Popcultcha are sold out off the first stock and will not Get this relase unless us and europe dont sell all ther stock.that wath Neca told me so its unlikly pop will Get a restock and the reason i did have to preorder from uk.but fore you australian people i hope its will be some leftover so you also can Get this new version.and the people that did miss out on the first relase
Thanks for that. I wonder whether it's safe to assume any re-stock will be the updated sculpts.

When the 1:4 Donatello was restocked I asked if it was the updated paint scheme (with spots on the snout), but when they checked their stock was told that was it wasn't.

Might just have to resign myself to ebay and actual photos for these two.
Old 08-11-2019, 07:09 PM   #611
nevermore
Foot Soldier

Ordered these today!! Regret not pre-ordering the first time.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:10 AM   #612
Otter
Stone Warrior

Anyone else see the response to an enquiry to Neca posted in Twitter that the Raph and Mikey are "factory errors" rather than new sculpts?

Obviously the running change to the chucks is a thing.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:29 PM   #613
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Preternia
‏ @preterniadotcom
2m
Singles are back in stock on gamestop's website

GameStop has a fresh batch of movie TMNT from NECA, now as singles ($22.99 each):
Michelangelo - http://bit.ly/2KJ2S1F
Donatello - http://bit.ly/2Z5gjSK
Leonardo - http://bit.ly/2TszZuu
Raphael - http://bit.ly/2KJ35lt (Allegedly Raph has a new head sculpt)
Old 08-14-2019, 09:33 AM   #614
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Anyone else see the response to an enquiry to Neca posted in Twitter that the Raph and Mikey are "factory errors" rather than new sculpts?

The originals were error, or the new ones?
How do you "factory error" extra wide mouths with extra tooth sculpting onto a figure?
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:47 AM   #615
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

I’m not digging those new head sculpts for Raph and Mikey at all. So grateful I have the originals from SDCC plus the 1/4 ones. If they were going to do a new head sculpt, they could’ve at least done a closed mouth version for Mikey. I think that would’ve looked better. The original scowl on Ralph looks so much better.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:21 AM   #616
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
I’m not digging those new head sculpts for Raph and Mikey at all. So grateful I have the originals from SDCC plus the 1/4 ones. If they were going to do a new head sculpt, they could’ve at least done a closed mouth version for Mikey. I think that would’ve looked better. The original scowl on Ralph looks so much better.
I generally agree.

The original Raph sculpt is damn near perfect, but the new one is pretty cool too. I haven't loved either of Mikey's head sculpts. Both look a little too "crazy" for me. Maybe it's the eyes though.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:17 AM   #617
Turo602
The King of Kings

My turtles arrived Monday. Was scared as sh*t getting them out of the box and trying to move their stiff ass joints. My Raph's head came off pretty easily after some careful and slight movement. I stuck it right back on and have been very careful about moving his head. Ran them all through hot water to loosen their joints to some solid results, but they still feel scary to mess around with. They look really amazing though and they've definitely become some of my favorite items in my collection.

Old 08-15-2019, 10:33 AM   #618
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

My set arrived today. I also have the new sculpts and Mikey's chucks have the wire. I'm pretty happy I have the SDCC, original GS release, now these, and the qtr scale
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 12:54 PM   #619
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Quote:

I missed this. Have a link?
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 01:58 PM   #620
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by useasneeded4pain View Post
I missed this. Have a link?
https://mobile.twitter.com/Mesademon...033218049?s=09