The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-12-2019, 10:45 PM   #201
sdp
-

I wonder if they'll try to connect it to the Arrowverse with the Crisis on infinite earths crossover or if they'll build their own DC streaming service shared universe. I'm glad it's on Netflix now, I'll start watching and hope they keep making those DC originals this way outside the US.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 02:23 AM   #202
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I wonder if they'll try to connect it to the Arrowverse with the Crisis on infinite earths crossover or if they'll build their own DC streaming service shared universe. I'm glad it's on Netflix now, I'll start watching and hope they keep making those DC originals this way outside the US.
It doesn't give me an Arrowverse feel, anyway let me know what you make of it.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 08:58 AM   #203
Vicky82
Emperor

I just finished watching Titans and I enjoyed it. I can't wait for the 2nd season.

I want to watch Young Justice Outsiders next but I don't know when it will appear on Netflix.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:04 AM   #204
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I just finished watching Titans and I enjoyed it. I can't wait for the 2nd season.

I want to watch Young Justice Outsiders next but I don't know when it will appear on Netflix.
YJ Outsiders is fantastic.

I might give Titans a view later today. From the reviews I've seen, it seems to be a bit of a mixed bag. I am definitely interested in the show, though.
BartAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:05 AM   #205
Vicky82
Emperor

Ok I decided not to bother waiting for Netflix, so I decided to watch the other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
YJ Outsiders is fantastic.
Yeah I've only just seen the 1st episode and I enjoyed it but OH My God!!!!! I didn't expect it to be quite violent (blood, deaths ect).

I guess being aired on a streaming service they can get away with a lot as there's not much restrictions, it just has to be under the right age rating.

I assume this comes under as a PG 13 or R rating in the US.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 05:21 PM   #206
sdp
-

I've been watching Titans, I'm a few episodes in and it's weird, not bad weird just weird so far. I can't say I like it yet though, I get Watchmen movie vibes at times since it's very realistic and yet the characters are still well Teen Titans, seems like it fits more in the style of the DCEU than the Arrowverse though, and still it's far more violent, I wish it was a little less violent but it's cool.

I'm guessing there isn't as much discussion about this show online because it's DC streaming service exclusive in the US which is a shame but cool that I can watch it on Netflix.

Edit: Finished watching Titans, great show, a little too violent most of the heroes kill which is the biggest problem the show has but better than anyone could've expected and better than many of the marvel/dc shows people like.

Last edited by sdp; 01-20-2019 at 10:46 AM.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:54 AM   #207
Leo656
The Franchise

Didn't know where else to put this.

https://screenrant.com/doom-patrol-t...ler-mr-nobody/

Intriguing! I don't have the service and have not seen the shows, but Mr. Nobody has always been one of my pet favorites. The whole deal is just so bizarre.

Never imagined I would ever see a live-action version of the Brotherhood of Dada, of all things. We live in interesting times.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 01:02 PM   #208
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Gary Miereanu
‏ @SuperPRGuy
2h2 hours ago

"Titans: The Complete First Season," the oh-so-cool #DCUniverse streaming service live-action series, is coming to Digital March 21 from @WBHomeEnt, and Blu-ray/DVD later (before second season premiere). #Titans
Old 03-11-2019, 01:32 PM   #209
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Gary Miereanu
‏ @SuperPRGuy
2h2 hours ago

"Titans: The Complete First Season," the oh-so-cool #DCUniverse streaming service live-action series, is coming to Digital March 21 from @WBHomeEnt, and Blu-ray/DVD later (before second season premiere). #Titans
Excellent. I can borrow it from the library and finally watch this thing, which I am assuming is a total P.O.S. Could be proven wrong, though, so here's hoping...
Old 03-11-2019, 02:36 PM   #210
Leo656
The Franchise

Going by word of mouth, it's supposed to be very good, actually. I'm constantly seeing people comment that "I expected to hate it, but it's actually really good." Apparently the trailers misrepresented some of it.

I'm curious, but I can't get over that goddamn Starfire. I see little clips of the show here and there that are excellent, and most of the costumes (especially Hawk and Dove) are fantastic. But Starfire... Jeebus, that was a huge mistake, and I'm a big fan of the character (pre-New 52) so it would be tough for me to ignore enough to be objective about the rest of it.

Whoever decided she should be presented as a $2 hooker should be fired. It couldn't possibly have been the same one who okay'ed the Hawk and Dove costumes. How do you go from "ultra-faithful" to "Eh, who gives a sh*t" within the same show? It's baffling.

I might pick it up if I see it cheap. I'd like to see more "streaming" shows get a physical release, since I don't subscribe to any and don't advocate piracy.

Old 03-11-2019, 03:03 PM   #211
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Going by word of mouth, it's supposed to be very good, actually. I'm constantly seeing people comment that "I expected to hate it, but it's actually really good." Apparently the trailers misrepresented some of it.

I'm curious, but I can't get over that goddamn Starfire. I see little clips of the show here and there that are excellent, and most of the costumes (especially Hawk and Dove) are fantastic. But Starfire... Jeebus, that was a huge mistake, and I'm a big fan of the character (pre-New 52) so it would be tough for me to ignore enough to be objective about the rest of it.

Whoever decided she should be presented as a $2 hooker should be fired. It couldn't possibly have been the same one who okay'ed the Hawk and Dove costumes. How do you go from "ultra-faithful" to "Eh, who gives a sh*t" within the same show? It's baffling.

I might pick it up if I see it cheap. I'd like to see more "streaming" shows get a physical release, since I don't subscribe to any and don't advocate piracy.
I've been surprised at all of the positive reception as well. Between the Crack Whore Starfire costume and the Grimdark Dick Grayson, it was an easy choice to not sign up for this streaming service.

I am still curious to make an informed final opinion on the show, though. We'll see.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:08 PM   #212
Leo656
The Franchise

Apparently Doom Patrol is also getting great buzz. I'm weird in that, I've never been a huge fan of them, BUT, I'm kind of a fan of Mr. Nobody and the Brotherhood of Dada, so seeing that stuff get the live-action treatment is supremely interesting to me.

I can't speak to the portrayal of Dick Grayson, but I wouldn't have cast that actor. He's got some kinda weird compression thing happening with his lower jaw. Just looks weird. Superficial criticism, I know, but it's a visual medium. He doesn't look like any version of the character I've ever imagined in my head. That always throws me off.

What made it easy for me not to sign up is, I just don't do streaming services in general. My wife subscribes to WWE Network and that's already $9.99 down the drain every month. My media collection is massive and I can find 99% of what I don't already own on disc somewhere, which is how I prefer it.

What's funny is that they've recently been advertising the original "Shazam!" series, which I do not own as of yet. I expect it'll start turning up in stores again when the movie hits, at which point I'll probably pick it up. Looks pretty Craptacular from what I've seen.

Last edited by Leo656; 03-11-2019 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:01 PM   #213
ZariusTwo
Overlord

We have a new Batman, Iain Glen has landed a recurring role as Bruce

https://deadline.com/2019/04/batman-...se-1202593583/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:36 AM   #214
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Swamp Thing has been shut down early by WB as they "Reeavaluate" their streaming service.

https://www.starnewsonline.com/news/...oduction-early

http://www.darkhorizons.com/swamp-th...n-amid-turmoil

Doesn't bode well for their other shows!
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:47 AM   #215
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Swamp Thing has been shut down early by WB as they "Reeavaluate" their streaming service.

https://www.starnewsonline.com/news/...oduction-early

http://www.darkhorizons.com/swamp-th...n-amid-turmoil

Doesn't bode well for their other shows!
The main theory I'm reading is that DC Universe will get rolled up into whatever streaming service Warner Brothers launches.

Seems messy. Also seems way too early to pull the plug on something this big.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:47 AM   #216
sdp
-

The "evaluating part" while probably true seems to be FAKE news and speculation as there is no real source for that.

As far as the service as I said when it was first announced, WB would make an amazing service, just a DC one? A bit more difficult. I get it that they wanted to link it to a comics services as well and an all superhero hub but those are two different business models. Have a Marvel Unlimited type service for comic fans and a streaming service for casuals that has superhero stuff there.

WB has tons of great content that can rival Disney, but even Disney didn't have a separate service for Marvel shows/movies and one for Star Wars. They have Disney+ and Hulu which will likely be for more mature stuff and Fox stuff. WB could make a good contender of a service, they already have Boomerang streaming service that streams tons of those old cartoons they have in their catalog like Looney Tunes, Hanna Barbera etc and I'm sure that service isn't doing great numbers either. Why not have ONE streaming service with all of that, now that would be worth it.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:21 PM   #217
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:54 PM   #218
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The "evaluating part" while probably true seems to be FAKE news and speculation as there is no real source for that.

As far as the service as I said when it was first announced, WB would make an amazing service, just a DC one? A bit more difficult. I get it that they wanted to link it to a comics services as well and an all superhero hub but those are two different business models. Have a Marvel Unlimited type service for comic fans and a streaming service for casuals that has superhero stuff there.

WB has tons of great content that can rival Disney, but even Disney didn't have a separate service for Marvel shows/movies and one for Star Wars. They have Disney+ and Hulu which will likely be for more mature stuff and Fox stuff. WB could make a good contender of a service, they already have Boomerang streaming service that streams tons of those old cartoons they have in their catalog like Looney Tunes, Hanna Barbera etc and I'm sure that service isn't doing great numbers either. Why not have ONE streaming service with all of that, now that would be worth it.
Seriously why not just jump on that??? WB is honestly just trying to be greedy and making people pay multiple times by dividing up their product. Unfortunately I believe this streaming wars will become the next version of cable eventually. Eventually there will be a bundled deal and we will have a new version of cable.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:11 AM   #219
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Swamp Thing cancelled (again) after the first episode aired:

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/06/06/...ed-dc-universe

I didn't even know it was airing yet?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:22 AM   #220
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Swamp Thing cancelled (again) after the first episode aired:

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/06/06/...ed-dc-universe

I didn't even know it was airing yet?
Me either.

Unfortunately, at this point, I'm almost tempted to say the indecisiveness and bureaucratic meddling that afflict the DCEU films are starting to rear their heads in the streaming TV series.

So far it's just Swamp Thing. Maybe I'm jumping the gun. Doesn't feel like it, though.

Tags
cubed is an idiot, cuck everlasting, cybercubedtheklansman, cybercubedtheracist, what the sjw, young cucktice