The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 01-02-2019, 12:59 PM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Interesting.

Mostly I just remember (fondly) the big supporting character calling me "Gov" all the time and going, "COR BLIMEY!"
Haha Yangus is cool, yes.

Also, apparenly, in the PS2 game you also cannot:

Spoiler:
Recruit Red and the Monster Arena guy to your party. Red is mandatory, but Morrie isn't. I took Yangus out of the main party because he is slow and the later you get in the game he becomes less useful. Dunno if I'm gonna get Morrie, though. Angelo, Jessica, Red and Hero seem all fine as a team.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:50 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Haha Yangus is cool, yes.

Also, apparenly, in the PS2 game you also cannot:

Spoiler:
Recruit Red and the Monster Arena guy to your party. Red is mandatory, but Morrie isn't. I took Yangus out of the main party because he is slow and the later you get in the game he becomes less useful. Dunno if I'm gonna get Morrie, though. Angelo, Jessica, Red and Hero seem all fine as a team.
Is it bad that I don't really remember any of the other party members now? Only Yangus sticks with me.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:10 AM   #23
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Is it bad that I don't really remember any of the other party members now? Only Yangus sticks with me.
Hmm, when did you play the game? I'm guessing you played back when it came out on the PS2, so I guess... around 2005? That could explain you no longer remembering the game that well.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:28 AM   #24
Turo602
The King of Kings

2009 was a very important year for me as a gamer, as it was the year I realized I needed to amass my own collection of games. I had just gotten an Xbox 360 for Christmas in 2008, and I didn't really have a lot of major games from the previous gen since I just played games from my brother's collection.

So I ended up getting all the Resident Evil games on Gamecube before Resident Evil 5 hit in March, as well as tons of other games all throughout the year. Before that though, I was probably playing Sonic '06 since it was the first game I had on my 360. I ended up putting the game on hold due to how aggravating it was though.

After that, my brother and I played Saint's Row 2, which was a hell of an experience. It was the first time we had played a game together online on two separate screens, and it was a GTA-like sandbox game but in co-op, which was unheard of and f*cking amazing.

It's easy to look back on Resident Evil 5 as a disappointing entry in the Resident Evil franchise, but when it came out, it was honestly one of my favorite gaming experiences and still is. I had grown up watching my brother play through the Resident Evil games ever since RE2 came to the N64, and in watching him, I became just as big of a fan as he was. The first game I played through all by myself was Resident Evil 4, and not being the critical asshole I am today, I absolutely loved it despite it not being quite as survival horror as the previous entries. So when news hit that RE5 was going to be co-op, I was excited as hell at the idea of being able to play a Resident Evil game with my brother. I will never call Resident Evil 5 a bad game, because it's not, and even though it might've gone against everything the series was, it still holds a special place with me simply because I got to enjoy a Resident Evil game with my brother.

Til this day, one of the biggest mysteries that eludes me, is who the hell put my Gameboy SP case with Metroid Fusion inside, in a bowl of shrimp water. Nobody has ever 'fessed up, but not only did my Metroid Fusion smell of shrimp, it wouldn't save anymore. This was during a time when I didn't have many games and I mostly played on my Gameboy. Metroid Fusion was such an important game to me, and I had to trade it in. But in 2009, on my quest to build a collection of games, I finally got Metroid Fusion back and it was like reuniting with an old friend. I was surprised with how much I had remembered after so many years, and how much better I was at the game being much older than I was when I first played it.

During the summer, I played tons of Halo 3 online. It was my first foray into online multiplayer and I have so many memories playing Halo 3's multiplayer. My brother and I also got into Gears of War during the summer and we played the hell out of Gears 1 and 2, especially Gears of War 2's horde mode. We spent an unbelievable amount of time with Gears 2 that it's probably one of my most played games ever.

I know I had also played Kane and Lynch sometime before the summer. While it wasn't anything spectacular, it was definitely a decent co-op driven experience, something I wish we had more of today. After the summer though, I know I was playing Spider-Man 3, which btw, f*ck that Kingpin boss fight. I know I played Halo 3: ODST, Left 4 Dead, and TMNT around this time too. Near the end of the year, I finally got back into Sonic '06 and breezed through the rest of the game. Guess I just needed time away, which always seems to be the case when being stuck in a game. The last game I would finish in the year 2009 was Resident Evil 0 on the Wii as I had just gotten a Wii on Christmas, and finally wanted to play through the Resident Evil series for myself. However, after having suffered through Sonic '06, I was finally ready to move onto Sonic Unleashed, the Sonic game I had anticipated playing more, which I would be playing into the next year.

Last edited by Turo602; 01-04-2019 at 02:34 AM.
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:31 AM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Hmm, when did you play the game? I'm guessing you played back when it came out on the PS2, so I guess... around 2005? That could explain you no longer remembering the game that well.
Yep. Then.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:17 PM   #26
sdp
Megan Fox = April

sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:20 PM   #27
Icebot
Foot Elite

In 2009, I played Sonic Adventure DX Directors Cut for the first time ever and I had lots of fun! I also played Tomb Raider Legend and Super Mario Sunshine.

In late 2009, I played TMNT 1 (2003) on game boy advance.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote