The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-13-2018, 01:55 PM   #1181
CyberCubed
Overlord

There's already an Usagi collection coming in october from Dark Horse with all the Mirage TMNT crossovers too
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 02:21 PM   #1182
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There's already an Usagi collection coming in october from Dark Horse with all the Mirage TMNT crossovers too
Yeah, I need to eventually pick that up... seems weird we've never had a TMNT/Usagi collection before IDW got involved...
Old 10-13-2018, 03:16 PM   #1183
CyberCubed
Overlord

Heh, just realized the Usagi/TMNT collection actually came out a few days ago, talk about timing.

https://www.amazon.com/Usagi-Yojimbo...rds=usagi+tmnt

It has both IDW's recent crossover and ALL the past Mirage/Usagi crossovers. This is a great buy because most of the Mirage crossovers are hard to find these days.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 04:51 PM   #1184
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Heh, just realized the Usagi/TMNT collection actually came out a few days ago, talk about timing.

https://www.amazon.com/Usagi-Yojimbo...rds=usagi+tmnt

It has both IDW's recent crossover and ALL the past Mirage/Usagi crossovers. This is a great buy because most of the Mirage crossovers are hard to find these days.
A shame it's not HC though...

Anyway, to stay on topic, my sweet sweet Volume 9, come to papa
Old 10-13-2018, 08:27 PM   #1185
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I was expecting Karai, hoping for Bishop or Old Hob. But Slash is good, too.

But another yellow spine? Two yellows, two grays, two purples... it's getting a little repetitive in the ol' color department!

These are, without fail, always instant preorders for me. Just need that sweet Amazon link... soon...

Oh, and they're actually including the Usagi crossover? Wow, didn't see that coming! Pretty nifty!
I hadn't thought about Bishop, but yeah he would have fit too - I'm pretty sure they try to use someone relevant to the issues in the volume.

Regarding the spines, although there have been doubled colours they are at least using different shades and until they're released Volumes 8 and 9 may still change - Splinter (Volume 2) was originally going to be brown before he was changed to grey. You can probably tell how much I love the collection's cover art by my avatar.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:25 PM   #1186
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
I hadn't thought about Bishop, but yeah he would have fit too - I'm pretty sure they try to use someone relevant to the issues in the volume.

Regarding the spines, although there have been doubled colours they are at least using different shades and until they're released Volumes 8 and 9 may still change - Splinter (Volume 2) was originally going to be brown before he was changed to grey. You can probably tell how much I love the collection's cover art by my avatar.
That's a sweet avatar, bro. I noticed.

IDW tried to have relevant characters on the cover, but then they used April for Volume 5. Bizarre choice. Thinking about it in retrospect, switching April and Don's covers would have worked, because April was a lot more important in the Northampton arc.

Whatever. The covers are sexy, and the gorgeous hardbacks are comprehensive. 'Sallgood.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:05 PM   #1187
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I would love to get my hands on those. It would have to be gradual. Or finding them used at a cheaper price. But it would be great to have 'em.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:51 AM   #1188
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
That's a sweet avatar, bro. I noticed.

IDW tried to have relevant characters on the cover, but then they used April for Volume 5. Bizarre choice. Thinking about it in retrospect, switching April and Don's covers would have worked, because April was a lot more important in the Northampton arc.

Whatever. The covers are sexy, and the gorgeous hardbacks are comprehensive. 'Sallgood.
Thank you. I could only guess they chose Donnie for Volume 4 because of the stuff with Harold and Metalhead, but I agree swapping him with April would have been a better option as Don has a lot to do with the Technodrome in Volume 5.
Additionally it would have maintained the pattern of 'Turtle-other-turtle-other' that the covers otherwise have.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:50 PM   #1189
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I would love to get my hands on those. It would have to be gradual. Or finding them used at a cheaper price. But it would be great to have 'em.
The retail price is $50, but they're usually closer to $30 on Amazon. Sweet deal, Ootie Maniac. Sweet deal.

Quote:
Thank you. I could only guess they chose Donnie for Volume 4 because of the stuff with Harold and Metalhead, but I agree swapping him with April would have been a better option as Don has a lot to do with the Technodrome in Volume 5.
Additionally it would have maintained the pattern of 'Turtle-other-turtle-other' that the covers otherwise have.
Agreed. I think they just picked April because Bobby wanted to put me in my place for staunchly declaring she would never grace a hardback cover. (Nothing against the character, it was just an assumption based on marketing strategy and which characters sell.)
Old 10-14-2018, 02:19 PM   #1190
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The retail price is $50, but they're usually closer to $30 on Amazon. Sweet deal, Ootie Maniac. Sweet deal.
Do we know yet if the newer copies of Volume 1 have had the binding issue fixed? My first edition is starting to weaken.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:39 PM   #1191
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Do we know yet if the newer copies of Volume 1 have had the binding issue fixed? My first edition is starting to weaken.
Mine's never showed any problems. I didn't get started collecting them until Volume 3 was available, so I think IDW did address the binding problem.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:47 PM   #1192
Tardigrade
Random Punk

Quote:
I think they switch them for a marketing reason. April would probably sell less than Donatello, so they put her on the cover of one of the easiest volume to sell content wise (the Technodrome, Turtles in time, Ghostbuster crossover).
Tardigrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:31 AM   #1193
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tardigrade View Post
I think they switch them for a marketing reason. April would probably sell less than Donatello, so they put her on the cover of one of the easiest volume to sell content wise (the Technodrome, Turtles in time, Ghostbuster crossover).
Maybe? But I would have thought that the large 'V5' on the cover would make it clear that it's part of a greater series and not a one off product.
It might just be me but if I see something like that I usually jump to 'Oh I should start at Volume/ Issue/ Part 1' or whatever the case may be.
My point being that if you purchase one it's almost guaranteed that you'll buy the other (unless you really hated the issues in that particular volume).
Old 10-15-2018, 07:51 AM   #1194
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
I might just wishlist up on the used editions for now lol
Old 10-15-2018, 10:09 AM   #1195
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I might just wishlist up on the used editions for now lol
I did a bit of price comparing via Penguin Random House and Amazon is definitely your best bet; that said the Kindle editions have prices if that's any help.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:24 AM   #1196
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, but I'd like physical versions. I read the individual trades off Comixology, but actually having something in my hands makes a world of difference.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 10-15-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:38 AM   #1197
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I did a bit of price comparing via Penguin Random House and Amazon is definitely your best bet; that said the Kindle editions have prices if that's any help.
Why would you buy Kindle editions of such gorgeous pieces of merchandise!?

That... that does not compute...
Old 10-15-2018, 11:53 AM   #1198
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, that too!

It makes more sense for the collected books maybe and individual issues, but not in the big collections.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:40 PM   #1199
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Oh I absolutely agree, I was mentioned the kindle thing just to put it out there.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:46 PM   #1200
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutan...w+collection+9

IDW Collection Volume 9 (aka sexy comprehensive hardbacks) Amazon preorder available now...

Tags
comic discussion, tmnt