The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-30-2018, 07:30 PM   #1
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Nycc 2018 q&a

There's a Turtle Panel at NYCC 2018. So it's that time again. Time for some recommended questions.

1. War and Pizza gave the impression that Donnie's inventions have a tendency to turn evil. So how do we know the same won't apply to his bo-staff and Turtle Tank? And yes, I know the tank is a modified version of the moon buggy.

2. How does Repo Mantis keep his business afloat despite his mutation? Does he have a human disguise lying around?

3. How did the Turtles know about that "mutant pizza place"?

4. Have the Turtles wondered why Splinter has a talisman with that M shaped symbol on his shelf?

5. If you're allowed to include a character that debuted in the 2012 series, which would it be?

6. If Meat Sweats succeeded at eating Donnie or Splinter, what sort of powers would he gain?

7. Does Meat Sweats still have the power to split into smaller copies of himself?

8. By the end of the season, will April succeed at keeping a job?

9. Do which of the more familiar villains (like the Shredder) will appear first?

10. Will there be a flashback showing how April met the Turtles?
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:36 PM   #2
miru
Mad Scientist

11. Which familiar ally (Mondo Gecko, Metalhead, etc) will show up first?

12. Any major recurring figures NOT planned to appear? (Other than Usagi of course)

13. Will there be a 2k3 Crossover to make up for the lack of one in the previous show?

14. Any episodes that will be more serious in nature?

15. Why was the descision made to make Splinter a toxic influence on his “sons” in this series?
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:41 PM   #3
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

ah the annual NYCC Q&A Thread where they never answer any questions matteso586 posts

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 09-30-2018 at 09:19 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 09:04 PM   #4
sdp
-

16 - Is it true April is secretly the daughter of Baxter Stockman posing as April while the real red headed April was kidnapped by the Kraang and will appear in the third season?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 09:18 PM   #5
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
ah the annual NYCC Q&A Thread where they never answer any questions matteso586 posts

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 01:38 PM   #6
miru
Mad Scientist

17 - Several long-time fans were displeased by the more overly brisk nature of this show. Is it possible TeenNick or even MTV could air an alternative series?
Old 10-03-2018, 06:23 PM   #7
snake
Disgusting

Holy f*ck you guys are autistic. Why do you even care about continuity in Rise and treat it as a serious setting? Why does everything have to be explained in a goddamned comedy series?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:42 PM   #8
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Holy f*ck you guys are autistic. Why do you even care about continuity in Rise and treat it as a serious setting? Why does everything have to be explained in a goddamned comedy series?
Blame the pilot episode. And the increasing standards for comedy animation today.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:37 PM   #9
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
16 - Is it true April is secretly the daughter of Baxter Stockman posing as April while the real red headed April was kidnapped by the Kraang and will appear in the third season?
What the hell?
Old 10-04-2018, 12:24 PM   #10
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Why wouldn't we care about it? It's hard to get invested in a show that doesn't have any vision or consistency.
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:00 PM   #11
Vicky82
Emperor

Apparently Ant Ward and Andy Suriano are answering fans questions.

TFU.INFO @ NYCC@TFU_INFO
8m
Ant Ward and Andy Suriano craftily dodging fan questions about Krang and time travel ideas. #tmnt #NYCC2018

TMNT @TMNT 25s
Rise co-creators are being verrrrry secretive about which classic characters might make an appearance next season

TFU.INFO @ NYCC @TFU_INFO 5m
Ant Ward loves Casey Jones. Did not confirm him if he would be in the show. #TMNT #NYCC2018

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:04 PM   #12
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

[QUOTE=TFU.INFO @ NYCC @TFU_INFO 5m
Ant Ward loves Casey Jones. Did not confirm him if he would be in the show. #TMNT #NYCC2018[/QUOTE]

I hope Casey never shows up in this terrible show. Yuck just thinking how badly they would do him.

Old 10-05-2018, 03:17 PM   #13
Vicky82
Emperor

Apparently we are getting a back story

TMNT@TMNT 2m
If you want a Rise of the #TMNT backstory you're gonna have to keep watching! 💚 #NYCC

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:40 PM   #14
miru
Mad Scientist

So, the answer to #11 is probably Casey Jones, and to #9 is probably Krang.

EDIT: Turns out the answer to #9 is Baxter.

Last edited by miru; 10-19-2018 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:29 PM   #15
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Crazy as it may sound for someone like me, I’m hoping Leatherhead is not among the classic characters who appear in 2018, for somewhat similar reasons as Autbot_Benz. Knowing the episodes I have watched (i.e. Repo Mantis), I fear that, if he does appear, he’ll just be a villain with no depth, especially given how different 2018 is from prior incarnations already.
80gmrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:41 PM   #16
funatic
Mad Scientist

I was at NYCC... and just now saw this list, oops.

It was on he Main Stage and roughly 2/3 of the chairs were empty. Wonder if this bodes poorly for the future of the series.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 05:30 AM   #17
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
I was at NYCC... and just now saw this list, oops.

It was on he Main Stage and roughly 2/3 of the chairs were empty. Wonder if this bodes poorly for the future of the series.
Damn. THAT badly hated, huh?

Last nick panel I went too, I had gotten there early and I STILL was half way back from front.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:59 PM   #18
funatic
Mad Scientist

Some of it may have been due to the silly lottery system they employed this year, where lots of people won a seat to a panel they didn’t bother to attend. But yeah, even so, it was way less than I expected and way less than any 2012 panel I’d been to in the past.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 01:57 PM   #19
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

While I hate hearing this about the NYCC panel, it's not that surprising either. The disapproval for this incarnation has been really strong. I agree with none of that disapproval either as I personally love the new show dearly in its own ways, but it is what it is. This is just a polarizing version of the franchise that cannot please a lot of people because it's trying a lot of new things and changing others, and generally speaking, people hate change.

I see Rise maybe lasting a 3rd season out of sheer goodwill and cautiously avoiding another big reboot so soon, but something tells me 3 seasons may be it for this ride. They'll probably rest the brand for a year or two after that. Just a gut feeling, nothing more. I'd be happy to be wrong though and get 5 years of this series, which I'm sure would absolutely horrify and disgust many.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote