The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-19-2018, 03:00 PM   #21
Powder
So tired of this place

So here's a hilarious coincidence of sorts, one of Donnie's gifts is kind of a real thing in development-

https://twitter.com/CNET/status/1042465847573405696

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:06 PM   #22
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, the Turtles always were a little ahead of their time. Albeit this one kind of weird.

(So what are the hip bags, that I'd never be caught dead in, actually for? Twitter videos don't play for me, only saw the 'thumbnail' image.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:51 PM   #23
Powder
So tired of this place

The belt has a sensor, when impact is imminent, the bags inflate. Just like Donnie's gift to Mikey, but in a smaller scale.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:53 AM   #24
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

This episode was somewhat tolerable. I did like that Donnie's "gifts" tried to correct the turtles by shocking them, though mostly Leo for his try-hard jokes. When even loose guys like Mike and Raph thinks your jokes are bad, you know he's not cut out for this shtick Meat Sweats is a pretty interesting concept as a villain and Johnny Rotten does a pretty good job at voicing the character (originally thought it was Jim Cummings). I can see the appeal for him.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:50 PM   #25
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So from what I understand, this episode is meant to come before Newsworthy but after Origami Tsunami.
Origami Tsunami takes place directly after Mystic Mayhem, right? I'm trying to watch them in order despite Nickelodeon airing everything randomly.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:15 PM   #26
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals View Post
Origami Tsunami takes place directly after Mystic Mayhem, right? I'm trying to watch them in order despite Nickelodeon airing everything randomly.
I can't see any production codes but the official order (not the airing order) is:
  1. Mystic Mayhem
  2. Origami Tsunami
  3. Donnie's Gifts
  4. War and Pizza
  5. Newsworthy
  6. Repo Mantis
  7. Down With the Sickness
  8. The Fast and the Furriest
  9. Mascot Melee
  10. Shell in a Cell

...Wow, ten already?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 05:57 PM   #27
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
So here's a hilarious coincidence of sorts, one of Donnie's gifts is kind of a real thing in development-

https://twitter.com/CNET/status/1042465847573405696
Hey, that's a good idea!

Granted, I think it's more likely they'd cause someone to knock their drinking glass off a table though.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:58 AM   #28
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
That episode was a lot of fun. Meat Sweats is prime Playmates-tier kooky, & Johnny Rotten absolutely killed it. I guess i shouldn't be surprised, as the father of punk has always embodied the swaggering villain, & is an amazing stage performer, but yeah his voice acting was legit! I'll look forward to he & his character's return. The turtles using their "gifts" in unlikely ways was a funny gag. Good stuff. I like that this series, like its predecessor, puts a lot of love into the little things that most may not notice, like Donnie's photo on Raph's phone having a snapchat filter on it.
Exactly what you have said above Powder. Watched it this morning before work. I guess Meat Sweats is based on Gordon Ramsey?...
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 04:14 PM   #29
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

I found it amusing that Leo used his sword to cut open the fire hydrant to make water squirt out when they just made fun of this concept when the 87 Turtles tried it in the previous TMNT series. I'm kinda curious if we'll ever get a crossover between the two Nick based Turtles.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:00 PM   #30
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals View Post
I found it amusing that Leo used his sword to cut open the fire hydrant to make water squirt out when they just made fun of this concept when the 87 Turtles tried it in the previous TMNT series. I'm kinda curious if we'll ever get a crossover between the two Nick based Turtles.
After all it is a magic sword.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 05:10 PM   #31
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
That's a fair point.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:13 PM   #32
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Hmm...

But shouldn't that have created a portal, and a small portion of which crosses through the fire hydrant nozzle, causing another portal to open up somewhere at random and a brief flood of water appears out of thin air?

Then again... he didn't open the valve on top, so maybe more appropriately it should have been a gag where it does nothing either way. Hm.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:25 PM   #33
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Hmm...

But shouldn't that have created a portal, and a small portion of which crosses through the fire hydrant nozzle, causing another portal to open up somewhere at random and a brief flood of water appears out of thin air?

Then again... he didn't open the valve on top, so maybe more appropriately it should have been a gag where it does nothing either way. Hm.
Maybe it's a portal too small to be visible? Microscopic, even.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:09 PM   #34
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I am pretty late to the party due to having put off Rise for so long, but now I'm finally catching up!

This was a great episode. Meat Sweats was enjoyable and how I expected him to be, but I mostly enjoyed this episode for how the turtles interacted with each other.

Best part in my opinion was when Raphael was supposed to call Donnie to put him in his place, but instead talks to him really nicely because this version of Raphael is a pretty big softie. The "Gifts" themselves were fun, and my favourite was Leonardo's Bad Joke Zapper. When it was initially revealed, I thought it was gonna be metal underwear or something

edit: realized War and Pizza is also being discussed here as well. Enjoyed that episode as well, though not to the same extent as "Donnie's Gifts." Admittedly, I am not into robots as much as the Mutants being created by Baron Draxum's mosquitoes, but it was still fun to see the turtles go up against the surprisingly dangerous Alberto.

I was really looking forward to Alberto being reformed at the end, and perhaps becoming a Metal-Head type assistant in the lair, but of course, April had to come in and ruin what was a really good moment.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 01-20-2019 at 06:17 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote