The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-02-2018, 03:23 AM   #1
yohanc
Random Punk

Why ROT:TMNT episodes is not aired in order?

I'm just wondering, why ROT:TMNT episodes is not aired in order? Why Nick do this?
for eg. Ep.9a (13-Oct) & Ep.9b (20-Oct) already aired but Ep.7 (17-Nov) is not. And there're other Eps Airdates that is not in order too.
https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/...rtles_episodes
http://mikeyandpizza.tumblr.com/reboot
Old 11-02-2018, 07:01 AM   #2
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohanc View Post
I'm just wondering, why ROT:TMNT episodes is not aired in order? Why Nick do this?
for eg. Ep.9a (13-Oct) & Ep.9b (20-Oct) already aired but Ep.7 (17-Nov) is not. And there're other Eps Airdates that is not in order too.
https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/...rtles_episodes
http://mikeyandpizza.tumblr.com/reboot
I’m guessing Nick told the team that they wanted more stand alone episodes and less plot for this series. So now, nick just picks what episodes they want to air, disregarding the episode order. Since stand alone episodes are popular with the little kids nowadays
Leonardo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:13 AM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Is there even a coherent narrative/story in this to where it matters if they do?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:40 AM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Is there even a coherent narrative/story in this to where it matters if they do?
Sort of. The fact that some episodes clearly take before/after one has lead to some confusion when they were out of order. For example, at one point we see the turtles enter a mutant bar without an explaination for how they got there or how they know about it, a couple of episodes later we them finding out and entering this bar for the first time. Considering how the show has a few more headscratchers, it's possible that even more episodes are out of order. There's also an episode where the Foot Clan steals a gauntlet but we never find out why in the episode itself. We just get them gloating over the fact that they got it and a shot of the guantlet ending the episode. This is clearly meant to be continued in a future episode, if not then it's a weird ending.

Short answer, yes there is a plot, it's just that most episodes so far neglect it.

As for the topic itself, why these episodes are released of out order is unclear. I guess Nickelodeon might have felt the last TMNT show's constant breaks could have caused the decline in interest. Maybe this is just easiest way to stay on schedule?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:01 AM   #5
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

https://mobile.twitter.com/wolfboy74...25915646095360
Kenwatanabesclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:01 PM   #6
yohanc
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenwatanabesclone View Post
Andy Suriano (7-Oct): Bc of the prereleased eps awhile back, today’s eps Minotaur Maze aired AFTER Fast and the Furriest (which is chronologically flopped); the rest should be in order from now on.

Ok, that explain it. But he tweeted that on 7-Oct, but up until now it still not in order. I think it will get in order after they release ep.7, and starting from ep. 10 it will be in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Sort of. The fact that some episodes clearly take before/after one has lead to some confusion when they were out of order. For example, at one point we see the turtles enter a mutant bar without an explaination for how they got there or how they know about it, a couple of episodes later we them finding out and entering this bar for the first time. Considering how the show has a few more headscratchers, it's possible that even more episodes are out of order. There's also an episode where the Foot Clan steals a gauntlet but we never find out why in the episode itself. We just get them gloating over the fact that they got it and a shot of the guantlet ending the episode. This is clearly meant to be continued in a future episode, if not then it's a weird ending.

Short answer, yes there is a plot, it's just that most episodes so far neglect it.

As for the topic itself, why these episodes are released of out order is unclear. I guess Nickelodeon might have felt the last TMNT show's constant breaks could have caused the decline in interest. Maybe this is just easiest way to stay on schedule?
Yes, there is continuity in the plot for some of the episodes (not all). People can still watch the show not in order but It can cause a little confusion though.
I believe TMNT 2012 use the same formula.
And for me, I still prefer to watch ROT:TMNT in order.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:25 PM   #7
Teddygaming reviews
Hench Mutant

I think that maybe they might release the episodes in order on dvd
Teddygaming reviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:24 PM   #8
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohanc View Post
Andy Suriano (7-Oct): Bc of the prereleased eps awhile back, today’s eps Minotaur Maze aired AFTER Fast and the Furriest (which is chronologically flopped); the rest should be in order from now on.

Ok, that explain it. But he tweeted that on 7-Oct, but up until now it still not in order. I think it will get in order after they release ep.7, and starting from ep. 10 it will be in order.
Which order is the correct order though? Because episode 6 takes place before episode 5. Were those the only ones that got swapped? Or is he just saying that from now on they'll be aired in order and that the actual episode numbers are useless? #Confused
Old 11-09-2018, 06:13 PM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Personally, while it's probably just thoughtless background design that didn't take it into consideration, I feel like the Mrs. Cuddles ep should also come before Shell in a Cell. Raph ends the 'Shell' ep pretty much over his wrestling hero, but when he's hunting for Mrs. Cuddles we see that he still has a poster of Ghostbear up on the wall. You'd think he'd have torn that down by now. lol

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 03:35 PM   #10
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

2010's

Is this commons for cartoons of the 2010's (not airing episodes in correct order)?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 11:29 PM   #11
Xav
Foot Elite

Yeah pretty much. Ever TMNT cartoon has had episodes aired out of order.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote