The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-08-2014, 04:27 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Why does Casey dislike Irma?

Casey has expressed his dislike for Irma in a few episodes calling her, "annoying," and, "does she ever shut up?" or "she's nasty."

Yet we the audience have never seen Irma actually do any of these things he's complaining about. What do you think?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:44 PM   #2
JTH
"ME"

Probably the same reason he disliked Donatello at first.

Because she's a dork that gets in the way of what he wants to do with April.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:59 PM   #3
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The show has a horrible lack of fleshing out its characters properly. Maybe Casey just hates nerds. April might count as a nerd but she's 'cute'.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 05:35 PM   #4
NoName999
Foot Soldier

He probably thinks she's ****blocking him to keep him from April
Old 06-08-2014, 05:40 PM   #5
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Isn't it obvious? Because she's getting in the way of him and April.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 05:46 PM   #6
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Casey has expressed his dislike for Irma in a few episodes calling her, "annoying," and, "does she ever shut up?" or "she's nasty."

Yet we the audience have never seen Irma actually do any of these things he's complaining about. What do you think?
He obviously wants to spend time with April alone, Which is why he isnt comfortable having a 3rd person being around, Cause in his own mind, Hes dating April.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:48 PM   #7
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I wonder if April even likes Casey. Every time he says the word "date" around her she says something like "who said this was a date?"...and she's always bringing Irma with them (someone had to invite her, and it certainly isn't Casey)
Old 06-08-2014, 06:03 PM   #8
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Yet, April was very casual when she assumed Casey rubbed her butt.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:09 PM   #9
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Well, actually, while Irma has never been seen as nasty, we can imply that because of her reaction to "rat droppings" (or whatever it was) after April freed Irma in "Of Rats and Men". I don't think it's far off to say Irma is nasty, at least in Casey's eyes.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #10
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I wonder if April even likes Casey. Every time he says the word "date" around her she says something like "who said this was a date?"...and she's always bringing Irma with them (someone had to invite her, and it certainly isn't Casey)
Ditto this - it's the kind of thing that someone might do if they didn't want to be alone with someone else.

But on the other hand:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Yet, April was very casual when she assumed Casey rubbed her butt.
This. Sometimes I don't know what to think.

Overall, I think Casey dislikes anyone who gets in the way of him having alone-time with April - regardless, it's pretty obnoxious. From what I've seen, she's a perfectly nice person so I don't have much patience for Casey constantly throwing off at her.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:45 PM   #11
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Ditto this - it's the kind of thing that someone might do if they didn't want to be alone with someone else.

But on the other hand:

This. Sometimes I don't know what to think.

Overall, I think Casey dislikes anyone who gets in the way of him having alone-time with April - regardless, it's pretty obnoxious. From what I've seen, she's a perfectly nice person so I don't have much patience for Casey constantly throwing off at her.
Pretty much, I feel she does this because this is her way to feel human, and doing this is her way to feel like she's living a normal life. I feel she likes the fact that Donnie and Casey both like her, and why she continues to lead them both on because she doesn't want this feeling of being cared like this to end. I feel she's a flirt and wants to be cared about by both of them to feel human and important not involving alien invasions and terraforming plots.

It's like her drug per say, she doesn't want it to end so she continues to do it, no matter how wrong she feels it may become. She wants to continue feeling special by two people she cares about and who care about her back. Because as soon as she stops, she'll remember how much of an inhuman life she has.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:26 PM   #12
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I'd honestly prefer if April just stayed single. Her and Don are cute together, but I can't imagine it being anything more than it is right now. With her and Casey...I don't really see anything that puts them together/warrants a relationship other than them being the male and female (human) leads.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #13
Creativecreature31
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I'd honestly prefer if April just stayed single. Her and Don are cute together, but I can't imagine it being anything more than it is right now. With her and Casey...I don't really see anything that puts them together/warrants a relationship other than them being the male and female (human) leads.
^This right here!
Creativecreature31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #14
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Oh, and I don't think he actually dislikes Irma, he just hates the fact that when he wants to hang out with April alone for the dates he thinks he's on in his mind, Irma is usually around. Irma being around I feel just shows that April isn't into him in that way. Irma is April's friend. I doubt Irma forced herself to be with them during their outings. I'm sure April probably invites her along since she is her friend and since Casey constantly wants a date, he wouldn't. He keeps referring to Irma as a third wheel. In another thread, I mentioned that I don't feel that she's the third wheel, but that he is. If April wanted to get closer to Casey romantically, she would probably let Irma know this. To me, this just shows that she obviously wants to be and remain friends with Casey and just "hang out" with her friends doing normal, non-Shredder/non-Kraang-related things.

I do hate the fact that both she and Casey ditch her all the time though. Like in the current ep, I felt bad when they rushed off. I know they were doing so to protect Irma, but they could be a bit more tactful...well, April at least. They could've told her something like, "Irma, hurry go home. Don't ask any questions, just do it. It's for your own safety!" or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
Pretty much, I feel she does this because this is her way to feel human, and doing this is her way to feel like she's living a normal life. I feel she likes the fact that Donnie and Casey both like her, and why she continues to lead them both on because she doesn't want this feeling of being cared like this to end. I feel she's a flirt and wants to be cared about by both of them to feel human and important not involving alien invasions and terraforming plots.
How do we even know that April fully knows that Donny "likes her" in that way still, though? Donnie hasn't been as obvious around her, imo, not like how he was in season 1. I also don't feel she's leading either on. She doesn't like them in that way and hasn't really done anything to say or show otherwise. She's given friendly hugs and friendship kisses when happy, but that's all. How is she leading either on and how exactly is she a flirt?
Quote:
It's like her drug per say, she doesn't want it to end so she continues to do it, no matter how wrong she feels it may become. She wants to continue feeling special by two people she cares about and who care about her back. Because as soon as she stops, she'll remember how much of an inhuman life she has.
Seriously, I truly just don't see her in this way at all. I don't feel she's leading either boy on and I don't feel she's a flirt.

Last edited by ssjup81; 06-08-2014 at 08:00 PM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #15
Creativecreature31
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
How do we even know that April fully knows that Donny "likes her" in that way still, though? Donnie hasn't been as obvious around her, imo, not like how he was in season 1. I also don't feel she's leading either on. She doesn't like them in that way and hasn't really done anything to say or show otherwise. She's given friendly hugs and friendship kisses when happy, but that's all. How is she leading either on and how exactly is she a flirt?Seriously, I truly just don't see her in this way at all. I don't feel she's leading either boy on and I don't feel she's a flirt.
To be fair, in "Wormquake/The Manhattan Project" she kinda WAS being a flirt towards Casey...

My question about Casey's treatment of Irma though, is why the heck is April NOT even trying to stand up for her friend? -_-
Creativecreature31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:54 PM   #16
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativecreature31 View Post
To be fair, in "Wormquake/The Manhattan Project" she kinda WAS being a flirt towards Casey...
She was? Could you refresh my memory please? I'm not doubting or anything, I just don't remember.
Quote:
My question about Casey's treatment of Irma though, is why the heck is April NOT even trying to stand up for her friend? -_-
Yeah, it is a bit strange, unless it's a situation where neither she nor Irma take anything Casey says at face-value or seriously.

Edit: Oh, Casey did say Irma was "nasty". I wonder if that came to mind because he saw Splinter when he woke up or was still delusional from falling off of a building. Casey still has a strong fear of rats. Irma likes rats. She talked about rat droppings. That is a bit...well..icky. For all we know, she may talk about rats passionately or something. You saw how he reacted to Mikey's liking of rats. He thought he was loopy.

Last edited by ssjup81; 06-08-2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:29 PM   #17
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I'd imagine it's because Irma tends to pick on Casey occasionally as seen in "The Good, the Bad, and Casey Jones". It also has to do with the fact that he feels that she gets in the way of being alone with April, like everyone else says. From her point-of-view, she might see him as a school jock who attempts to flirt with girls and does not want April to fall for those type of men who may also get in the way of her studies.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #18
Stugehen
Foot Soldier

I think the answer is simple. Casey doesn't like having Irma there because he wants a chance to move forward romantically with April. It's a real shame too because Irma seems like a pretty cool person in this continuity.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:54 PM   #19
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
She was? Could you refresh my memory please? I'm not doubting or anything, I just don't remember.Yeah, it is a bit strange, unless it's a situation where neither she nor Irma take anything Casey says at face-value or seriously.
I'll just quote the scene since I have the episode on I-tunes

episode: Wormquake
*Casey and April are on the rooftops

Casey: so April vigilanti-ing...is cool and all but how bout a real date?
April: what do you call this~?
Casey: I was thinking something a little cozier....you, me (puts hand on her shoulder)
April: (smiles~)

yea....I think that was flirting. she seemed totally cool with Casey all close to her.

oh found a picture

Last edited by BabyTurtles; 06-08-2014 at 09:02 PM.
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:01 PM   #20
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
I'll just quote the scene since I have the episode on I-tunes

episode: Wormquake
*Casey and April are on the rooftops

Casey: so April vigilanti-ing...is cool and all but how bout a real date?
April: what do you call this~?
Casey: I was thinking something a little cozier....you, me (puts arm around her shoulder)
April: (smiles~)

yea....I think that was flirting. she seemed totally cool with Casey all close to her.
Oh yeah, I did forget about that. Everything else in that ep was so cool, that completely slipped my mind. She was being flirty there...unless she was trying to turn him off from her? Nah, I doubt it, but Casey did ask for a real date and that was her idea of one. lol

Tags
casey jones, irma