The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-16-2018, 09:27 AM   #21
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Has there been any mention of cross-over episodes with the 80s or 2012 turtles?

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
No, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:21 AM   #23
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Want to make sure I'm right on this:

Nick is showing a sneak peak of the first episode this Friday after an awards show but the series doesn't officially premiere until September?
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:52 AM   #24
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Because as a schoolteacher, he wouldn't risk ending up mutilated.
I will multilate and mutate him. That his punishment for failing me and i will continue do it until he learns how to make super killer robots right! IDW and Mirrage Stockman avoided me because they knew what iwill do to them if they worked for me and failed me. That why IDW Baxter Stockman is the first one who choosed to become my friend by saving my life. He knew that what i would had done to him. He saw what i didt o 1987 2003 and 2012 Stockman.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:52 PM   #25
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Want to make sure I'm right on this:

Nick is showing a sneak peak of the first episode this Friday after an awards show but the series doesn't officially premiere until September?
Nickelodeon might be copying Disney because the 1st episode of Ducktales was aired over a month before the 2nd episode.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:57 PM   #26
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Nickelodeon might be copying Disney because the 1st episode of Ducktales was aired over a month before the 2nd episode.
I'm not knocking the strategy. I just want to make sure I'm up to date in when episodes are being released. I haven't been keeping track of this show like I did the 2012 series.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:01 PM   #27
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
I'm not knocking the strategy. I just want to make sure I'm up to date in when episodes are being released. I haven't been keeping track of this show like I did the 2012 series.
Oh right, sorry.

Yeah it's on at 9:30pm (eastern time I think) on Friday

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 02:16 PM   #28
Overlord

Nickelodeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
And we all know from the previous series, what Nickelodeon does the best is taking breaks all the time. If it wasn't for Rise of the TMNT, we would probably be stuck in mid Nickelodeon's Tales of the TMNT right now...
Old 07-16-2018, 02:36 PM   #29
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
No, though I recall something once being said in that regard to the effect of "you never know who is going to show up."
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 02:54 PM   #30
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Not that I've heard, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Fred Wolf TMNT make weekly appearances on this series.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:04 PM   #31
Overlord

Fridays

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Not that I've heard, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Fred Wolf TMNT make weekly appearances on this series.
Talking of weeks, will this series air Fridays?
Old 07-16-2018, 04:03 PM   #32
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Why is this even a concern at this point? The series isn't out yet, we barely know anything about the show itself and you're asking if it's going to cross over with another show? The last show (officially) ended on a crossover with the Fred Wolf cartoon. It literally did 7 episodes that had some type of crossover with the Fred Wolf show. Not to mention that Turtles Forever did the same exact thing, a mere 5 years before the first crossover in the 2012 show. Nickelodeon even did a short that had yet another crossover with the Fred Wolf Turtles 2 years ago. Even if they do make another crossover, who would honestly care anymore? It has become beyond stale at this point. Say whatever the hell you want Turtles Forever, at least that was made 13 years after the Fred Wolf show ended, when it had barely been referenced since and the 4Kids show itself had concluded. So you could at least justify it's production. What Nickelodeon tried to do just came across as unearned and pointless, 7 episodes spread out over 4 seasons in case you need a reminder.

Crossovers are mainly intended as a ratings booster anyway, a move of desperation. Nobody plans on a crossover in their first season, they wouldn't have much faith in their own show if they did. It's not even asking for a crossover that would have an interesting dynamic either, it's just a previous iteration featuring the same characters. It's a really pathetic thing to do, especially if you do it over and over again.

Point is, "Will this cross over with X?" should not be a question regarding a brand new show, or even a show that's been on for a while. It needs to be able stand on it's own.

Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:10 PM   #33
Overlord

Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon confirmed the crossovers already during season 1.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:31 PM   #34
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Which makes them even seem even more pathetic. I don't remember them doing that, if they did it showed very little faith in the show's own merits.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:56 PM   #35
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Source?
(I highly doubt that's true.)
Old 07-16-2018, 04:59 PM   #36
Overlord

April 2013

Here, in April 2013. During season 1

https://www.************************...union-special/

http://www.ninjapizza.net/2013/04/cl...urtles-in.html
Old 07-16-2018, 05:12 PM   #37
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior

That's an article from 2013, referring to an episode of the 2012 show, which originally aired in 2014. Not relevant at all to the upcoming show.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:06 PM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah there's no crossover planned for Rise yet. There might be eventually, but as of now there isn't.

If anything I think the 2012 Turtles will be the most likely crossover, we already have 2D designs for them thanks to the Nick comics and it's easy for them to use the voice actors given they worked for them. Even better if Ciro gets to write a crossover. Would make a good 3 parter some time later in this shows runs.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:54 PM   #39
sdp
-

So, Season 1 predictions?

The first episode will be a two parter but 11 minute 2 parter so we'll get both parts in the episode we get Friday for a "full" 22 minute episode. The final episode will be a 4 parter so "2 normal" 22 minute episodes. Most shows will focus on comedy with random action, no villain will get too much development besides John Cena's character.

1 Voice Actor leaves before season 2 begins recording and is re-cast (likely John Cena). John Cena's character will be defeated and won't be the main villain in Season 2 but he'll still be there. Tumblr and DeviantArt will have the worst shipping fan-art.

Besides the foot, there'll only be 1 returning villain in the first season (likely the Rat King), everyone else will be new. Shredder will be heavily hinted or make a cameo in the final episode of S1.

Obscure character from the OT will make a return in one episode. A character from Mirage that has never been used will be in one episode. Casey Jones will be hinted at but will not be a part of Season 1. Producers will read the Season 1 episode threads and realize the REAL fans want to see The Next Mutation villains return in Season 2.

Leo will be the best written turtle in the season and we'll see him grow as a leader. Of course Leo becomes leader at the end of Season 1. Raph similarly will grow angrier over the course and he'll realize he can't be leader. Raph and Leo will fight in one episode.

Quote:
Yes, they were asked during the character reveals and they mention that because of the transdimensional portals you "never know who might show up on the show".

So yeah, I'm guessing a crossover is a given, the OT turtles are the most likely since they're iconic but 2012 would be cool too, especially since those designs look far better in 2D. If 2k3 showed up I would splooge my pants.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:20 PM   #40
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Leo will be the best written turtle in the season and we'll see him grow as a leader. Of course Leo becomes leader at the end of Season 1. Raph similarly will grow angrier over the course and he'll realize he can't be leader. Raph and Leo will fight in one episode.
I'm very interested to see how the leadership switch will play out. From what I've seen so far, Leo seems just as juvenile as Mikey, while Raph seems relatively level-headed; so both of them will have to undergo quite a bit of character development before they reach that point. That'll be very cool to see, since their development is usually minimal.

I'm also wondering if there will be an alternative reason for Raph giving up his leadership.

Tags
rise of the tmnt