The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2018, 07:33 PM   #21
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
It depends. If you sit and talk with some of them and listen carefully, a lot of times it starts with "It's really just about Israel", but there's a lot of "hidden" Anti-Semitism under the surface with a lot of Liberal types. Don't forget, the banks are "evil" and keeping everybody poor, and "The Jews run the banks", so... connect the dots. Also, sounds kinda familiar, don't it?

Truthfully, a lot of Liberals are just as prejudiced as anyone else, they either just hide it better because they know it's not "polite", or, they disguise it as "helping", like affirmative action. Affirmative action is racist because it implicitly suggests that minorities can't succeed without Special Help being given to them, but liberals argue that it's merely a course-correction in response to the Evil White Male Agenda holding everybody down. But the truth is, it's just racism with a pretty skirt on. "It's not your fault you're not good enough" is still saying "You're not good enough." Which is racist.
----------

Being raised Catholic, and with my awesome Irish blood being diluted with some Polish pisswater, the far-Right have no love for my mongrel ass any more than they do for the Jews. And yet, I'm a white, straight male, so I'm currently not a friend to the far-Left, either, simply by existing. Tough to find an ally on either pole, these days. The safest bet, as always, is somewhere far away from extremes and somewhere in the middle.
Oh now I see what you mean lol

Portugal has barely any Jews. They all got progrommed, expelled or forced to convert to Christianity. And then the Inquisition came and we all know how much they loved the Jews, don't we? Most of the Portuguese Jews escaped to other places, primarily the Netherlands.

"Mongrel ass" just became you have roots from two different countries? By that logic 90% of Americans are "mongrel asses" no?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:59 PM   #22
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 19,860
Yeah, but you can't argue logic with a hatemonger. Hitler was half-Jewish, lest we forget.

Once you pick out a group of people to blame all society's ills on, "logical though" isn't gonna be part of the discussion anymore.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:03 PM   #23
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yeah, but you can't argue logic with a hatemonger. Hitler was half-Jewish, lest we forget.

Once you pick out a group of people to blame all society's ills on, "logical though" isn't gonna be part of the discussion anymore.
Hitler being half-Jewish is one of those myths. The sheer irony of it makes it a rumor that's not hard to believe, but I've never seen any conclusive evidence of that. Half Jewish implies one of his parents being Jewish, neither were. Ofc you go back 200-300 years you might find ONE Jewish ancestor in his large family tree, but that would apply to many other Europeans in that region as well. And when you're going back 200-300 years it no longer matters. I could have had a German or a Russian ancestor from the 17th century, for all I know, but clearly I was not influenced by those cultures at all.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:05 PM   #24
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 19,860
Oh I'unno, I swear I'd read something about it again recently, but you might be right.

It's not like I go out of my way to keep up on it. The broader point still stands, I maintain: Logic and hate-mongering don't go together.

I hope Hitler still only had one ball, I don't think I could take it if that were disproven.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:21 PM   #25
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Oh I'unno, I swear I'd read something about it again recently, but you might be right.

It's not like I go out of my way to keep up on it. The broader point still stands, I maintain: Logic and hate-mongering don't go together.

I hope Hitler still only had one ball, I don't think I could take it if that were disproven.
A lot of rumours and myths are repeated ad nauseaum to a point where many people start to believe them. There's the saying "a lie that's repeated constantly eventually becomes the truth". So yeah, this is why rumours and myths can be very dangerous.

A quick google search about Hitler only having one testicle tells me that... that's true, according to a German historian, at least. I don't feel like reading the articles, but I hope he used medical reports to confirm that.

Here's two other Hitler myths tho:

1) He wanted to destroy paris: Nah. He'd have done it if he truly wanted to.
2) He was very short. No, he was 1,75m which is 5'9 in imperial. Back in the first half of the 20th century that was the average height for a European man. Goebbels was much shorter. 165cm or 5'5. And he limped. Some master race specimen

As for your point, yes ofc. A lot of hate mongers aren't very bright. I remember a few years ago, reading about a woman and her kids at a WWE show insulting Roman Reigns... by calling him the n-word. Let's remind ourselves that Reigns is Samoan and not Black. So if you're gonna insult a guy at least use the proper slur.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:25 PM   #26
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 19,860
I once saw a girl throw that word at a couple of clearly Hispanic kids, who were from the Caribbean, no less.

We were all like 5, but still. Once people decide, "I don't like you", the rest is whatever they want it to be.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:28 PM   #27
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,194
A lot of Europeans nowadays use that word online, even as just a noun for Black people. Because, for one thing, it upsets a lot of people and kids and young people are assholes in general. Second, tons of European nations barely have any Black people and don't have a history of slavery and colonialism thus don't feel much guilt for being racist against Blacks.

If you ever meet a guy fresh out of Europe and hear him casually refer to Black guys as THAT, then it's because of what I said above.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:31 AM   #28
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,597
Um... actually, sweaty. Liberals are on the left side of history.






Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:32 PM   #29
Sumac
Foot Elite
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Sorry, not rising to your bait. The game got old long ago. Bored now. Moving on.
No arguments as usual? OK.
__________________
Now with 200,1% more poison!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:46 PM   #30
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,245
Leo has a few interesting points, though I think it might be over-generalizing a bit. But my earlier point stands, that history itself will eventually prove who is right or wrong on any given issue. Differences of ideology aside, both sides can only ever be "right" if history shows that their approach and/or views were more beneficial. But it's arrogant for either side to proclaim such prematurely.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:56 PM   #31
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 2,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Um... actually, sweaty. Liberals are on the left side of history.






CandyKappa, thank you for this beacon of light in the darkness that is this bait-chumming thread
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:45 PM   #32
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School
 
Voltron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Realm of SJW
Posts: 4,633
Quote:
Truthfully, a lot of Liberals are just as prejudiced as anyone else, they either just hide it better because they know it's not "polite", or, they disguise it as "helping", like affirmative action. Affirmative action is racist because it implicitly suggests that minorities can't succeed without Special Help being given to them, but liberals argue that it's merely a course-correction in response to the Evil White Male Agenda holding everybody down. But the truth is, it's just racism with a pretty skirt on. "It's not your fault you're not good enough" is still saying "You're not good enough." Which is racist.
There's a lot here I take issue with, and not because it's flat out wrong, which it isn't, but it doesn't paint a complete picture.

First, everyone is prejudiced. There's no escaping that. If I think I'm going to meet a lot of Irish out drinking on St. Pat's, that's prejudiced, but not racist. There's nothing inherently wrong or harmful about prejudging what demographic is going to demonstrate certain behaviors.

Racism is oppression. That's shutting down the bars on St. Pat's to bar the Irish from celebrating their culture.

And while we can certainly find instances of "liberal" figures being racist, the current trend is for the GOP and the alt-right to be engaged in racism.

That's what the idea of "Right Side of History" means in this context. Deliberately trying to hurt other groups based on some negative trait unfairly attributed to them is wrong.

Currently, the GOP and the alt-right are running on a political platform that is racist.

Muslims bans.
Building a wall to stop immigrants.
Voter laws that primarily affect voters, making it prohibitively difficult for them to participate in elections.

And this is just a few things off the top of my head. And it brings me to the next point:

Affirmative Action

Every few years there's a bit of an uproar over this. That it unfairly stacks the deck, or that it belittles minorities.

Perhaps that's true.

The problem is that we need it. Despite great strides made in racial equality, racism is still a big issue. There's a vast disparity between suburban (white) and urban (black) schools in America. It's leading to a new era of segregation that goes unnoticed because while the doors are open for social mobility, the general tools and disciplines are not present for inner city residents to make that move.

Obviously, this lends itself to the argument that it's the fault of the blacks for not being able to seize the opportunity. However, THAT'S the racist part. The idea that blacks in America are just predisposed to being lazy leads to harmful action against them. Here's where we get the "welfare queen" dog whistles, the "bad hombre" rhetoric that Trump uses to characterize Latinos.

The current state of minorities in America is affected by past racial thought and current racial practices. It's true, social mobility is possible. There are a number of minorities who can rise out of the squalor of the ghetto. But the fact of the matter remains that it's incredibly difficult to do so.

It's essentially saying, "you are good enough, but you'll be too busy working three jobs to feed your siblings to actually show us."


Finally, are "liberals" on the right side of history? It depends on what a "liberal" is. That's a pretty broad term that needs a solid definition. Are we talking about "don't assume my gender", open chakra, raw water chugging weirdos who believe they can astral project themselves? Or are we talking about people like me, who believe that gays should be allowed to marry and that we're not getting much by bombing the **** out of the Middle East?

I typically lean left. And that doesn't mean I attach myself to a single political figure, or condone certain actions simply because a politician did something.

I'm against Obama's bailing out the banks, bombing Syria, and increasing drone strikes. I think that's bad. But that doesn't mean I can't support the good policies he pushed as well.

In the end, this requires a far more nuanced argument. If you feel targeted by not "being on the right side of history", give a long good think about what the really means in the context of how we're treating other human beings.
__________________
I AM FOR ACTUAL! . . . and the White Savior. . . and the Right Hand of God. . .
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:19 PM   #33
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
There's a lot here I take issue with, and not because it's flat out wrong, which it isn't, but it doesn't paint a complete picture.

First, everyone is prejudiced. There's no escaping that. If I think I'm going to meet a lot of Irish out drinking on St. Pat's, that's prejudiced, but not racist. There's nothing inherently wrong or harmful about prejudging what demographic is going to demonstrate certain behaviors.

Racism is oppression. That's shutting down the bars on St. Pat's to bar the Irish from celebrating their culture.

And while we can certainly find instances of "liberal" figures being racist, the current trend is for the GOP and the alt-right to be engaged in racism.

That's what the idea of "Right Side of History" means in this context. Deliberately trying to hurt other groups based on some negative trait unfairly attributed to them is wrong.

Currently, the GOP and the alt-right are running on a political platform that is racist.

Muslims bans.
Building a wall to stop immigrants.
Voter laws that primarily affect voters, making it prohibitively difficult for them to participate in elections.

And this is just a few things off the top of my head. And it brings me to the next point:

Affirmative Action

Every few years there's a bit of an uproar over this. That it unfairly stacks the deck, or that it belittles minorities.

Perhaps that's true.

The problem is that we need it. Despite great strides made in racial equality, racism is still a big issue. There's a vast disparity between suburban (white) and urban (black) schools in America. It's leading to a new era of segregation that goes unnoticed because while the doors are open for social mobility, the general tools and disciplines are not present for inner city residents to make that move.

Obviously, this lends itself to the argument that it's the fault of the blacks for not being able to seize the opportunity. However, THAT'S the racist part. The idea that blacks in America are just predisposed to being lazy leads to harmful action against them. Here's where we get the "welfare queen" dog whistles, the "bad hombre" rhetoric that Trump uses to characterize Latinos.

The current state of minorities in America is affected by past racial thought and current racial practices. It's true, social mobility is possible. There are a number of minorities who can rise out of the squalor of the ghetto. But the fact of the matter remains that it's incredibly difficult to do so.

It's essentially saying, "you are good enough, but you'll be too busy working three jobs to feed your siblings to actually show us."


Finally, are "liberals" on the right side of history? It depends on what a "liberal" is. That's a pretty broad term that needs a solid definition. Are we talking about "don't assume my gender", open chakra, raw water chugging weirdos who believe they can astral project themselves? Or are we talking about people like me, who believe that gays should be allowed to marry and that we're not getting much by bombing the **** out of the Middle East?

I typically lean left. And that doesn't mean I attach myself to a single political figure, or condone certain actions simply because a politician did something.

I'm against Obama's bailing out the banks, bombing Syria, and increasing drone strikes. I think that's bad. But that doesn't mean I can't support the good policies he pushed as well.

In the end, this requires a far more nuanced argument. If you feel targeted by not "being on the right side of history", give a long good think about what the really means in the context of how we're treating other human beings.
The Muslim travel ban is an extremely bad example and is a good example of democrats pushing their agenda.



The travel ban did not target Muslim countries, but radical countries and a response to San Burnidino as North Korea imprisoning Americans. Non Muslim countries were also on the list, but the democratic party saw an opportunity.....

Also public schools is not an issue of racial equality, but class equality. If you ever go to appellation states that are prodominantly white they a much poorer than most inner city schools by far and are worse.

Also Affirmative Action is a racist and sexiest practice that hurts many people, but it does help as well. Its essentially a double edge sword. I do agree that is was needed in the past. In the present I really don't think so as much.

I do agree with your view on prejudice. Everyone has them. Prejudice comes from mental schemas that we cognitively develop through out our entire life and perfectly natural. These schemas are essentially a mental shortcut.

Seeing a lot of good opinions and points in this thread.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 03:54 AM   #34
Sumac
Foot Elite
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
In the end, this requires a far more nuanced argument. If you feel targeted by not "being on the right side of history", give a long good think about what the really means in the context of how we're treating other human beings.
I don't consider myself being targeted by this, but I think stating "I am on the right side of history" is incredibly arrogant.
Especially, since that slogan or its variations were used by almost every other movement in the past and most of those movements didn't had interests of people in mind.
__________________
Now with 200,1% more poison!

Last edited by Sumac; 12-09-2018 at 07:19 AM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:31 AM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 19,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
There's a lot here I take issue with, and not because it's flat out wrong, which it isn't, but it doesn't paint a complete picture.

First, everyone is prejudiced. There's no escaping that. If I think I'm going to meet a lot of Irish out drinking on St. Pat's, that's prejudiced, but not racist. There's nothing inherently wrong or harmful about prejudging what demographic is going to demonstrate certain behaviors.

Racism is oppression. That's shutting down the bars on St. Pat's to bar the Irish from celebrating their culture.

And while we can certainly find instances of "liberal" figures being racist, the current trend is for the GOP and the alt-right to be engaged in racism.
What are some or any examples of racism -- actual racism, not what the media is telling you is racism -- from the GOP? Since everything you imply is predicated on that.

Quote:
Currently, the GOP and the alt-right are running on a political platform that is racist.

Muslims bans.
A gross oversimplification of a temporary travel restriction that has nothing to do with any faith. If, say, Brazil was to restrict travel from the US, would that make it a "Christian ban," because the US is primarily Christian? I'm not Christian.

These are buzzwords created within a narrative to incite outrage that has very little to do with the reality of the situation and you appear to be drinking the kool-aid. But you also appear to be intelligent so I would love to hear you out.

That said, it is strange the countries omitted from the travel restrictions, given all of the data. But then, I don't have the data that the White House has on the bigger picture of things. But also, neither does CNN or Rachel Maddow.

Quote:
Building a wall to stop immigrants.
Meaningless and wrong. Building a wall to deter illegal immigrants looking to breach the border, not coming to valid points of entry to either seek asylum or refugee status. We can talk about the potential effectiveness of said wall but it makes a lot of sense on a practical level... and bottom line, has 0 to do with racism.

"Illegal immigrant" is not a race. And if people are approaching a valid port of entry to seek asylum or refugee status, the fact that the border wall might be a little more impermeable 3 miles east where there is no port shouldn't be an issue. Should it? Why? How?

Quote:
Voter laws that primarily affect voters, making it prohibitively difficult for them to participate in elections.
I have read a few stories a couple of months ago of some allegedly dubious practices of placing voting places a little far out of reach of largely minority communities in like 2 cities, and I don't doubt that that's probably the case in terms of winning an election.

But is that racism? On the left, we have white politicians all the time either pretending to be overly Mexican to win the Mexican vote or pretend to be all about Mexican immigrants -- illegal or not -- because they know they're prevalent in their given state and know that's the right move politically to get them the most votes. Happens all the time. California literally had a mayor change his last name to a Hispanic name at the time of his election to win votes and it did. Surely racial exploitation rates even worse?

Quote:
Affirmative Action

Every few years there's a bit of an uproar over this. That it unfairly stacks the deck, or that it belittles minorities.

Perhaps that's true.

The problem is that we need it. Despite great strides made in racial equality, racism is still a big issue. There's a vast disparity between suburban (white) and urban (black) schools in America. It's leading to a new era of segregation that goes unnoticed because while the doors are open for social mobility, the general tools and disciplines are not present for inner city residents to make that move.

Obviously, this lends itself to the argument that it's the fault of the blacks for not being able to seize the opportunity. However, THAT'S the racist part. The idea that blacks in America are just predisposed to being lazy leads to harmful action against them. Here's where we get the "welfare queen" dog whistles, the "bad hombre" rhetoric that Trump uses to characterize Latinos.

The current state of minorities in America is affected by past racial thought and current racial practices. It's true, social mobility is possible. There are a number of minorities who can rise out of the squalor of the ghetto. But the fact of the matter remains that it's incredibly difficult to do so.

It's essentially saying, "you are good enough, but you'll be too busy working three jobs to feed your siblings to actually show us."
This is the dangerous thing that's going on. Like, actually scary. To me. That there is whole races being brought up with this left-propagated idea of "systemic racism." That no matter what, say, an African Amercian (or any minority) invests into their life, they will be faced with insurmountable oppression.

It is as false as it is dangerous, creating an idea in heads that ultimately says, "Why even try, if there's no point?"

Also, while I'm positive there is legit examples of racism in the US (the distinction being, while there is racism IN the country, it is not a racist country... there is a narrative now to the opposite, largely angry at Trump), the actual examples cited by people of actual racism encountered in people's day to day lives in a given week is... laughable? Highly questionable?

Quote:
I typically lean left. And that doesn't mean I attach myself to a single political figure, or condone certain actions simply because a politician did something.
Nor do I. Apparently these days I lean a little right, which isn't to say they're not dead wrong about a few pretty big things. If the left would pull their heads out of their asses about a lot of the social nonsense and "the feels" divorced from logic and fact I'd love to vote for them again. I don't really feel like I've moved politically at all in the past 15 years or whatever. My post has been planted. The left and the right have shifted around me, so now... it is what it is.

It's like... the left, I'll make you a deal. If you stop being weird about "social justice" and illegal immigration and crazy gun stuff, I would get behind you again. Conversely, the right, shut the f*** up about going after women and abortion and reproductive stuff, wake up about the environment and education, stop bible thumping and I could get behind you 100%, too.

I suspect neither side will bend to my wishes, so here I am sort of in a limbo. Forced to pick the lesser of two semi-not-really-evils. And that's the thing now... like, "PICK YOUR SIDE!" even if you only agree with 60% of what they preach... which people still find attractive, because we're in an era where people want to belong to something, anything. Though particularly at this point in US history, I think I am glad both are in place to keep both sides in check, because if either had full power it would be insanity. But... at this juncture I absolutely think it would be 200% crazier if the left 100% had their way.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-09-2018 at 05:23 AM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:19 PM   #36
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 19,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
This is the dangerous thing that's going on. Like, actually scary. To me. That there is whole races being brought up with this left-propagated idea of "systemic racism." That no matter what, say, an African Amercian (or any minority) invests into their life, they will be faced with insurmountable oppression.

It is as false as it is dangerous, creating an idea in heads that ultimately says, "Why even try, if there's no point?"
Yeah, I've seen a lot of that over the years. In my late-teens/early-20s, particularly. There was always a lot of racial tension in the town I grew up in, but frankly a lot of that had to do with the fact that 90% of the black kids were already cutting school at age 10 to sell drugs in the park. It was a really small town where everyone knew each other, so there was a fair amount of "Your kid sold crack to my daughter!" going around. Or the dealer kids would go into school loudly taunting the white kids about their parents buying drugs from them, sh*t like that. That's gonna start some sh*t.

The "bad" kids carried it all through life and stayed that way, getting arrested hundreds of times, never getting a real job, some of them are dead, and so on. The ones who stayed in school and stayed out of trouble were, and are, doing quite well for themselves. But that was the minority of that minority, so to speak. Running into them as adults, they'd tell you to a man there was "No point" in sticking to the straight and narrow, because everything was stacked against them from the start, so being a goddamn criminal was "the only way to survive", which is horse sh*t.

But usually, you'd find out they learned it from their parents, who usually ALSO didn't work and had very poor opinions about "the system". Just like racism can be passed down from generation to generation, so is Minority Victim Culture. "White people won't let us get ahead, so there's no point in trying to do things 'their way'." Even when I joined the work force a lot of black people I worked with were using their "real" job as a front for their parents or parole officer, while they were actually just drug dealers. Same story, "I ain't gonna waste my time at no McDonalds working for white people." That would be "oppression", mind you, and "they're better than that." Because selling poison is... better?

It's bullsh*t, of course, but it's what some of them truly believe. Meanwhile, my boss came from down south, where who even KNOWS what kind of ACTUAL racism he had to go through, worked his way up in the financial industry and was making 6-7 figures, didn't like it, and now owns a few gyms that are doing well. And he's black. We don't always agree, but we DO agree that "victim culture" is bullsh*t, no matter what color you are. If you want to legitimately succeed in life, you'll find a way.

It's like if you really wanna see racism and oppression everywhere you turn, you're gonna see it. And if you wanna use it as an excuse as to why you're a total failure at life, it's a convenient one. But I know for a fact it's not true, because I've seen people succeed. I've already mentioned my boss as an example. One of my clients is from Egypt, and she owns a pharmacy in a well-off neighborhood. To say nothing of all the people I interact with through wrestling, some of them making upwards of 6 figures.

When you constantly meet and interact with successful people, of every color in the rainbow and every religion or creed under the sun, hearing that "The White Man holds everybody down" nonsense is beyond irritating. It simply isn't true, and as Andrew pointed out, repeating it does nothing but breed dissension and make people believe they're forever victims. That's where criminals and terrorists come from. It's dangerous thinking.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 06:53 AM   #37
BartAllen
Banned
 
BartAllen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 922
I just think it's funny that the things people blast Trump for both Obama and Hillary did

Border wall? Hillary voted for it while she was a NY senator. Obama also supported it while he was Senator in Illinois.
Obama separated children from their parents at the border. Obummer also used tear gas against fence hoppers.

People really want to pretend Trump is somehow this unique or horrible force. Read history. Look at how Bill Clinton exploded the prison population. Look at how Hillary called black youths SUPER PREDATORS.

Being a liberal doesn't put anyone on the right side of history. It just means they're easily duped by the corporate oligarchy that are manipulating stupid people through both social and traditional media.

I used to be a progressive liberal. I thought they were the people with empathy and respect. I then read a little and realized that they're horrible. They just use PR firms to dress that horrible **** up in a nice little package.

And, frankly, although I'm more right leaning, the right isn't any better really. You can look at the BS Bush 41 did with contra and the mideast. You can see what W did as well in Iraq.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Oh I'unno, I swear I'd read something about it again recently, but you might be right.

It's not like I go out of my way to keep up on it. The broader point still stands, I maintain: Logic and hate-mongering don't go together.

I hope Hitler still only had one ball, I don't think I could take it if that were disproven.
Hitler's paternal grandfather was Jewish.

He was not Jewish. He was not raised in a Jewish home with the culture. Hitler was raised Catholic.

Last edited by BartAllen; 12-12-2018 at 07:16 AM.
BartAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:50 AM   #38
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
I just think it's funny that the things people blast Trump for both Obama and Hillary did

Border wall? Hillary voted for it while she was a NY senator. Obama also supported it while he was Senator in Illinois.
Obama separated children from their parents at the border. Obummer also used tear gas against fence hoppers.

People really want to pretend Trump is somehow this unique or horrible force. Read history. Look at how Bill Clinton exploded the prison population. Look at how Hillary called black youths SUPER PREDATORS.

Being a liberal doesn't put anyone on the right side of history. It just means they're easily duped by the corporate oligarchy that are manipulating stupid people through both social and traditional media.

I used to be a progressive liberal. I thought they were the people with empathy and respect. I then read a little and realized that they're horrible. They just use PR firms to dress that horrible **** up in a nice little package.

And, frankly, although I'm more right leaning, the right isn't any better really. You can look at the BS Bush 41 did with contra and the mideast. You can see what W did as well in Iraq.





Hitler's paternal grandfather was Jewish.

He was not Jewish. He was not raised in a Jewish home with the culture. Hitler was raised Catholic.
Ah that would make more sense than his father being Jewish as some rumors say.

The Jewish population in Germany and Europe as a whole was much higher back then. They were a rather numerous minority and clearly high enough in numbers for people to fear or distrust them. After all, millions of Jews were killed in the Holocaust. So it wasn't that uncommon for someone from Central/Eastern Europe to have a Jewish relative in their family tree back then. That's probably why the nazis decided that, under Nuremberg Laws, a person had to have at least 3 Jewish grandparents in order to be considered Jewish by law. Because, if they considered anyone who had one single Jewish relative in their family tree to be Jewish they'd have killed EVEN MORE people.

Last edited by Prowler; 12-12-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:55 AM   #39
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,597
Hitler having a Jewish grandfather is highly inconclusive considering we don't know who Hitler's paternal grandfather is, since his dad Alois was registered as a illegitimate child with no father.

The rumor stems from Hitler's grandmother allegedly working as a servant for a Jewish family named Frankenberger in the town Graz, and she had a relationship with the family son. But there are no records of a Frankenberger in Graz, and further problems is that Jews where expelled from Styria where Graz is back in 1496 and wasn't allowed back into the state until 1856... When Hitler's dad was at the age of 19.

And the whole Frankenbergers of Graz was a story that came from Hans Frank, Hitler's lawyer who got jaded with Hilter and Nazism but still was a huge anti-Semite. And Hans's story was full of janky contradictions.

There was a headstone from a Jewish cemetery that read Adolf Hittler which have spun some conspiracy theories. But Hittler the hatter is unrelated to Hitler the dictator, which should have been a clear case considering Alois' first surname was Schicklgruber, and he changed his surname after his step-dad; Johann Georg Hiedler. But it got written as Hitler.

There was a study in 2010 that tested saliva from relatives of Hitler, and in some tests they found a chromosome called E1b1b1 Haplogroup which is more common in Berbers (North Africans), Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews, but it does appear in other ethnic groups. While the study is inconclusive, it'd probably be enough for the bastard to spin in his "grave".


But, these stories are just too juicy to give up despite facts getting in the way. It's similar to the story that Albert Einstein failed in math or an apple fell on Newton's head.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:17 PM   #40
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 15,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Um... actually, sweaty. Liberals are on the left side of history.

https://media.giphy.com/media/ueaJb8cf33S80/giphy.gif
Epic Sax Guy is Epic. Also, Olia is Fantastic.

__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bait chumming thread, i love language

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.