The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-13-2017, 06:21 PM   #221
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
every now and again the turtles start to feel like guest stars in their own comic.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:53 PM   #222
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Just for fun:

Secret History of the Foot Clan vs City Fall

I prefer the story in Secret History. The way it hops back and forth in time gives it gravitas. I also can't get behind a character being brainwashed, so I think City Fall would have turned out way better had it been greenlit the way Tom, Bobby, and Kevin intended, but as is, I didn't enjoy it much.

That said, I prefer the evolution in Mateus' art style by the time he reached City Fall. The turtles have a more refined look and the layouts are inventive.
what????? did I miss something????? How did they originally intend city fall??
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:02 PM   #223
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
what????? did I miss something????? How did they originally intend city fall??
It’s my understanding that Leonardo was intended to be Oroku Saki’s Biological son, thus leading to the divide between him and his family. When nickelodeon didn’t want to go that route, they decided Leo would be brainwashed instead.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:20 PM   #224
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
It’s my understanding that Leonardo was intended to be Oroku Saki’s Biological son, thus leading to the divide between him and his family. When nickelodeon didn’t want to go that route, they decided Leo would be brainwashed instead.
Oh yeah I think I remember others talking about that. I am kind of split on that idea. I always liked the idea of them being brothers, but one of them not being a brother... I am not sure. If any turtle should be Saki's child it should have been Raph. It would give better explanation to Leo and Raph's Rivalry like Saki's and Yoshi's. Raph also was with the foot as shredder in other incarnations. damn......if Raph was Saki child that would have been awesome.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:24 PM   #225
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The rivalry would still exist between the two . But personality-wise, I can see how Raphael would make more sense. Though, I think the idea was that Leonardo's departure would be more devastating to Yoshi, being the eldest child (supposedly).

Ironically, Raphael might also have been harder to turn against the family, for all of Leonardo's reputation for family honor. Since Raphael had been separated from his family once and wouldn't have been interested in parting from them again (and boy is that something that's gotten buried in the sands of time)
Old 12-03-2017, 02:59 AM   #226
bushido
Stone Warrior

There is a TMNT sale on Comixology right now.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:00 PM   #227
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I just realized that the Leatherhead arch - and possibly the Triceraton Invasion arch -culminates in the "consequences" of the Turtles time travelling.

Turtles encounter Utroms in Dinosaur Era --> Inspires Triceratons --> Causes Utrominon's downfall --> Krang on Burnow --> Krang hiring pirates --> Turtles meeting pirates --> Pirates mutiny --> Leatherhead's mutation --> Possibly further inspiration for mutating things (Because that worked so well for Krang in the past) --> Turtles eventual mutation.

Basically, the Turtles are their own grandfathers, in terms of timeline meddling. Their own presence in the past would ultimately create their futures.

But...in a quantum physics way, not...that other way...
Old 01-20-2018, 03:29 PM   #228
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

And a double post for a thought I had:
Would it be too much to assume that Kitsune has been pulling the strings on just about everything?

Sure, Saki is her "star puppet", but when you think about it, she probably had to manipulate dozens of other things around her in order to get her plan into motion properly. Likely right down to getting the the murder of all six members of the Hamato family - and the fued to fuel that - to the Utroms involvement in reviving both sides of that fued so it could be brought back in a time closer to what is appropriate for her goal in bringing her father back to the Physical World. Even the collapse of Utrominion - which might seem unrelated at first - by some bends of logic, plays right into her hands.

And for some of the more conflicting elements like timing Leatherhead somehow getting on Burnow before the Turtles would end up hanging out with the pirates that culminates in Leatherhead's mutation...I have this to say:

I don't think we're done with time travel. But the next round of it would be so much different because whoever gets a hold of it is going to be so much smarter than Bebop and Rocksteady. Someone who will have some idea of what they're doing and should be able to make a seamless timeloop without causing disaster like the last two did. And by someone whose goals would be fulfilled by the time travel events happening, but would also be smart enough to manipulate that time without interacting with her duplicates in the past.

Kitsune's behind everything, I tell you! I tell you all! All because she has a really, really weird issue with Daddy going away!

Spoiler:

There's always the chance I might be overthinking...

At the very least, if Kitsune herself is not time travelling, she at some point may still have manipulated events across time to make things happen the way she needs them to.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:21 AM   #229
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

I didn’t see a thread for TMNTU #19 & #20 but I seen the covers up for preorder and I’m excited to get them. Looking good.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:43 AM   #230
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I didn’t see a thread for TMNTU #19 & #20 but I seen the covers up for preorder and I’m excited to get them. Looking good.
Service Animals Part One is here, I'm guessing that's where the preview will be posted next month. I'm super stoked for this story too
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:59 AM   #231
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Service Animals Part One is here, I'm guessing that's where the preview will be posted next month. I'm super stoked for this story too
Thanks for the link dude.

Google tells me ‘Tea-Time for a Turtle’ is the same writer. I need to pickup that HC Edition still. I’m sure I’ll like it. Oh and he wrote some Sonic that I haven’t read yet either.

Looking at the covers I like ‘A’ for #19 but I usually like all Williams II stuff. I’m not liking cover ‘B’ or the RI cover so much. On #20 I like both ‘A’ & ‘B’ but Williams cover ‘A’ is not my fav. It’s Wachter’s cover ‘B’ which I like the best out of all five covers I’ve seen.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:08 PM   #232
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Thanks for the link dude.

Google tells me ‘Tea-Time for a Turtle’ is the same writer. I need to pickup that HC Edition still. I’m sure I’ll like it. Oh and he wrote some Sonic that I haven’t read yet either.

Looking at the covers I like ‘A’ for #19 but I usually like all Williams II stuff. I’m not liking cover ‘B’ or the RI cover so much. On #20 I like both ‘A’ & ‘B’ but Williams cover ‘A’ is not my fav. It’s Wachter’s cover ‘B’ which I like the best out of all five covers I’ve seen.
No problem

I liked Williams' cover for 20 better than 19, Alopex looks a little off to me in the latter. Both of Wachter's covers are pretty good too.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:36 PM   #233
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So, has there been any particular reason why the last two issues have been released so early? I haven't really noticed any discussion of the change.

It used to be that they'd be released toward the end of the month, but the two in December and January have been more toward the start.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:50 PM   #234
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
So, has there been any particular reason why the last two issues have been released so early? I haven't really noticed any discussion of the change.

It used to be that they'd be released toward the end of the month, but the two in December and January have been more toward the start.
I think bc of the holidays/Christmas threw the schedule off temporarily. Bc no one in there right mind is going to release a book during Christmas after all
This is just a guess/opinion, not a fact
Old 01-23-2018, 07:31 PM   #235
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I always shoot for the start of the month, just doesn't happen that often.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:46 AM   #236
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe, Vol. 5: The Coming Doom

SPOILERS!!!

Spoiler:
Find out what became of the Triceratons after the Invasion! Will they get along with their new neighbors or become victims of a terrifying new villain? Plus, can Donatello mediate a truce between the Utroms and the Triceratons, or will fanatics on both sides cause a deadly derailment? The fate of alien life on Earth hangs in the balance!

Collects issues #21-25.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1684053625...=ninja+turtles
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:39 AM   #237
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe, Vol. 5: The Coming Doom

SPOILERS!!!

Spoiler:
Find out what became of the Triceratons after the Invasion! Will they get along with their new neighbors or become victims of a terrifying new villain? Plus, can Donatello mediate a truce between the Utroms and the Triceratons, or will fanatics on both sides cause a deadly derailment? The fate of alien life on Earth hangs in the balance!

Collects issues #21-25.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1684053625...=ninja+turtles
Wow! That's some mighty spoilers...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:41 AM   #238
CyberCubed
Overlord

Hm, I don't see anything surprising about those spoilers, seems like the logical outcome to me.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:53 AM   #239
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Hm, I don't see anything surprising about those spoilers, seems like the logical outcome to me.
You expected this?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:55 AM   #240
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Triceratons/Utroms meeting or having a possible truce? Yes...?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idw's tmnt