The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-04-2014, 10:13 AM   #81
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tOkKa View Post
[COLOR="Lime green"] I'm not very well received on these particular forums and most what i post is usually overlooked.

~ t [/COLOR]
Why is one of the most actively involved in the TMNT community not well received here? I'm always scouting through your Flickr just to see what's new.
Metalhead 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:10 PM   #82
Powder
So tired of this place

I have no idea what he's talking about, personally...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:35 PM   #83
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I have no idea what he's talking about, personally...
Hahaha, I'm not sure if I should believe that.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:47 PM   #84
Powder
So tired of this place

Me, or him? I really don't, I've never seen anyone here badmouth the guy or the content he shares. He's one of the most well known turtle fans right next to Michelle Ivey, a lot of folks like him.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:06 PM   #85
oldmanwinters
Overlord

One thing y'all need to understand about tOkKa is that he absolutely throws himself into all the work he's done on behalf of Turtles fandom. And in spite of that, the response--while mostly positive and appreciative--rarely matches the degree of effort that he puts into preparing it.

Not trying to speak on his behalf, but I that's my intuition about it.

On a much smaller personal level, I can understand that sentiment. When you put a whole lot of work into a piece of fan art or an extensive historical post and only get moderate feedback about it, it does kind of leave one feeling a bit unfulfilled in light of the creative labor. I think everybody knows that feeling, but it affects some more strongly than others.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:18 PM   #86
eastlos217
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
One thing y'all need to understand about tOkKa is that he absolutely throws himself into all the work he's done on behalf of Turtles fandom. And in spite of that, the response--while mostly positive and appreciative--rarely matches the degree of effort that he puts into preparing it.

On a much smaller personal level, I can understand that sentiment. When you put a whole lot of work into a piece of fan art or an extensive historical post and only get moderate feedback about it, it does kind of leave one feeling a bit unfulfilled in light of the creative labor. I think everybody knows that feeling, but it affects some more strongly than others.
I understand. I have been on other toy forums, and they are horrible. hardly respond to questions, hardly comments, etc. .....this one has a few of those issues, especially in the marketplace section. =(
eastlos217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:22 PM   #87
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Me, or him? I really don't, I've never seen anyone here badmouth the guy or the content he shares. He's one of the most well known turtle fans right next to Michelle Ivey, a lot of folks like him.
YOU, I figure you've had at least one altercation each with all 10,291 other members here. We've certainly had ours, but I'm mostly just kidding with you.

Quote:

No doubt, he's probably the most passionate fan I've seen on the net. I've had my threads I was excited about only to see them sink like a petrified turd, so I know how that feels.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:42 PM   #88
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
I can definitely appreciate that, but I think it ultimately all balls down to the fact that most people are lazy & don't wanna bother acknowledging things, they come to expect stuff, or don't even think to give thanks. I'm guilty of it too in certain cases. That's just for general sharing, though. As far as fan art is concerned, well, this forum just doesn't seem to be big on it. Dunno why. But anyone can go to the fan-works section & see that those of us who have threads for our art pretty much only get comments from the same (very few) people each time. It's not a problem exclusive to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalhead 2.0 View Post
YOU, I figure you've had at least one altercation each with all 10,291 other members here. We've certainly had ours, but I'm mostly just kidding with you.
I have a surprisingly large amount of genuine friends (Tokka & Oldmanwinters included) from the drome, but the bulk of them no longer post here. You'll notice grumpiness is a common trait in users who have actively posted here for more than a few years.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:04 PM   #89
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

"Great art...much good."
-Typical Technodrome fan-art response

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:18 PM   #90
Powder
So tired of this place

It's much better than what Deviantart will give ya, trust me. Quality over quantity, I suppose.

Sorry to veer off topic, so here's some random Playmates concept art from Steve Lavigne.

That funky baboon would later come to be Sgt. Bananas.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:25 PM   #91
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
It's much better than what Deviantart will give ya, trust me. Quality over quantity, I suppose.

Sorry to veer off topic, so here's some random Playmates concept art from Steve Lavigne.

That funky baboon would later come to be Sgt. Bananas.
Great find! There is much good there!
It's amazing how much evolution of design occurred between original concept and final product on so many of these figures.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #92
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE

Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
Exclamation 99098098098

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastlos217 View Post
that's awesome . I cant wait to see the new thread on this. So were u able to get any prototypes? ive been on the hunt for some of the early playmates stuff, but still no luck =(

-->> Prototypes are rare for Tokka,few that i have are for unproduced items from Kurt S. Adler ( Christmas ornament & holiday decor company ) & some French "KING CAKE" mini, porcelain fig protos ( these were released ).

The one i received in late July was a very small, reject noggin for the Nick TMNT line. One of my first Playmates related "anything" in the production or prototypes. Again being out of Varner directly - -it's rather unique. I'll photo everything today.

//Thanks for the comments, guys .. Adam - - glad there's still good, fun-loving TMNT fans still on T-drome. I like you too, Powder .

~ t

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:52 PM   #93
eastlos217
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tOkKa View Post

-->> Prototypes are rare for Tokka,few that i have are for unproduced items from Kurt S. Adler ( Christmas ornament & holiday decor company ) & some French "KING CAKE" mini, porcelain fig protos ( these were released ).

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8355/8...e79fc8da39.jpg

The one i received in late July was a very small, reject noggin for the Nick TMNT line. One of my first Playmates related "anything" in the production or prototypes. Again being out of Varner directly - -it's rather unique. I'll photo everything today.

//Thanks for the comments, guys .. Adam - - glad there's still good, fun-loving TMNT fans still on T-drome. I like you too, Powder .

~ t

awesome, looking forward to it.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:23 PM   #94
eastlos217
Hench Mutant

where are you gonna post up this thread??
Old 09-07-2014, 10:45 PM   #95
bronty
Thug

It's a little disappointing that there are no finals (well almost none). Seems to me if he didn't have them then they probably were all kept by playmates. I know Id heard that before from other people that worked on the vintage toys so it seems that very little leaked out? Anybody hear anything different?

I guess there was that one user who has a nice vehicle art piece but it's line and water color so it's looks like Errol line art then taken and statted and painted over the stat for the colors. That's my guess anyways as that's the method Ive seen used for some of the stuff that has this look. Meaning that same vehicle could exist as original line art only in playmates archives or whatever. The later cerebus covers were done this way too.
bronty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:34 PM   #96
Garfield
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Whoa, that's a bit macabre don'tcha think. You can see his bones in stuff. The Storage Shell turtles were always crazy.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action figures, concept art, playmates toys