The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Buying/Selling/Trading

Notices

Old 10-26-2019, 04:29 PM   #1
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

MASSIVE Lot!!! HUNDREDS of items!!

Hey everyone, decide to sell a massive lot of misc goodies all in once chunk. All sorts of items from stickers to umbrellas to a little bit of everything in between. Someone's bid $29.99 on it as of now. Thanks for looking!
Old 10-26-2019, 05:36 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

Damn, your collecting habits were certainly thorough, even in the 4kids era! Guess you, like many of us, are starting to shave down the excess, eh? Sometimes you have to take a step back & wonder how you ever got to the point of buying baby clothes & saving empty popcorn bags (such was the peak of my oddities when it comes to TMNT goods, I mean). Cathartic to move on from such hardcore collecting, IMO. Good luck with the sale! I'm sure it'll make someone very happy getting such a deep-dive jump start on that period's merch.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:40 AM   #3
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Damn, your collecting habits were certainly thorough, even in the 4kids era! Guess you, like many of us, are starting to shave down the excess, eh? Sometimes you have to take a step back & wonder how you ever got to the point of buying baby clothes & saving empty popcorn bags (such was the peak of my oddities when it comes to TMNT goods, I mean). Cathartic to move on from such hardcore collecting, IMO. Good luck with the sale! I'm sure it'll make someone very happy getting such a deep-dive jump start on that period's merch.
Ha! Yea back in that period I was basically buying everything I could find. And it was a lot of fun so zero regrets. But at this point, I've reached a point where I'm just trying to stick those items that really are meaningful to me, like art, etc. So was hoping to find someone who could get a bit more joy out of them rather than just sitting in my closet. And rather than just piecemeal them out, just wanted to fill a box and send it out.
Old 10-27-2019, 07:39 PM   #4
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

You can always Toys for Tots stuff as well if you want them to go to those who will appreciate them!
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 07:54 PM   #5
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OA View Post
Ha! Yea back in that period I was basically buying everything I could find.
I've been a pretty hardcore Iron Man collector since 1989. Up until 2007 or so it was more of a unique experience to find anything with Iron Man on it. After 2007 of course, Iron Man became a household name during the lead up to the '08 movie, and the character appeared on everything. And so, I've got totes full of a variety of Iron Man junk like this back from those days when you just bought whatever you found because anything you found was a sort of unique experience, lol!

My point is that I think there are a few generations of collector that are just loaded down with..... stuff. Which brings me to.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
You can always Toys for Tots stuff as well if you want them to go to those who will appreciate them!
Exactly. When the day comes that I don't want to run a store as a side hustle, or just don't want to deal with the selling/buying world at all anymore, this is exactly the kind of outlet I'm going to use for whatever I've got left to move.

Not only is it a great way to pass things on, but... say it with me... tax writeoff!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 06:24 AM   #6
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Oh I'm certain there will be some of this stuff that will get donated!
OA is offline   Reply With Quote