The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-15-2018, 03:37 PM   #61
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

I am definitely gearing up to see this; Black Panther was one of my favorite parts of Civil War, probably more so than Spider-Man, as well as in EMH.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:51 PM   #62
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Box Office: ‘Black Panther’ Rules With $23.2 Million Overseas
http://variety.com/2018/film/news/bl...ce-1202700353/

“Black Panther” is already ruling over the international box office.

The Marvel movie blasted off to a lordly $23.2 million overseas after opening in 17 locations, including the United Kingdom, South Korea, and France. Domestically, “Black Panther” will launch in previews on Thursday night before debuting across 4,020 locations. The film is expected to open to as much as $170 million — enthusiasm is rising on the strength of glowing reviews and the historic nature of the production. It is the first Marvel Cinematic Universe movie with a black protagonist.

“Black Panther,” which carries a $200 million budget, opened to $7.2 million in the U.K., $4.7 million in South Korea, $2 million in Taiwan, $1.6 million in France, and $1.1 million in Hong Kong. In many key markets, “Black Panther” is outpacing previous comic-book movie hits such as “Doctor Strange,” “Wonder Woman,” and “Guardians of the Galaxy,” all of which augurs for a healthy opening weekend and much to celebrate in the halls of Marvel.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:56 PM   #63
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Pretty great movie. Felt like Boseman got overshadowed by a number of the other actors in this - primarily Michael B Jordan.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:06 PM   #64
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I'm gonna see it tomorrow.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:36 PM   #65
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I'll be heading out for my first showing of the movie tonight, with another one on Monday.
(when an adorable child asks you to go with them to see a comicbook movie, you say yes. even if you haven't seen the movie yet, and will be seeing it for the first time earlier that weekend.)
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:47 PM   #66
AquaParade
Banned

Loved it! Definitely one of my favorite MCU films. Highlights for me were the musical score, world building, and humor.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:23 PM   #67
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Great film, just got back a little while ago. It was still definitely a comic book movie in the sense that things happen just because it'd be cool, but boy was this movie ****ing cool. The world-building might have been the best part of this film but the action and humor were close behind and all the actors were firing on all cylinders. I liked the post-credits scenes, but it's best to not expect anything too significant from them. Unfortunately I didn't get to see any previews at all, were there any new good ones?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:25 PM   #68
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Just Infinity War, same old same old.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:59 AM   #69
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I saw Deadpool 2's recent "Meet Cable" trailer at my screening (edited for the kids watching BP)
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 04:47 AM   #70
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Now more than ever do I wish the IMDB discussion boards still existed.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 05:20 AM   #71
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Pretty good. After about the first 15 minutes and we meet all the players, the rest of the movie becomes completely predictable (there are no surprises) but it's all great performances, great execution and a big scope. Solid villain, very sympathetic. The end credits scenes (yes, there's 2... and it's surprising, like 20 movies into the MCU now with them always being in there and scores of people still leave the theater right when the credits roll) are nothing to write home about. I can't say that it feels anything like any Marvel movie before it, which is a good thing. I imagine after this movie, Coogler is going to be able to make any movie he wants... anywhere. He's always made good stuff, though it's too bad he passed on Creed II.

*: A small contrivance, but it bugged me: really, hundreds, thousands of years of Black Panther kings... and it just happens to be one week after the events of Civil War that the Wakandans invent nano-tech Black Panther suits? Just in time for the movie?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:59 PM   #72
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Just seen it. It's the best Marvel movie yet.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:48 PM   #73
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Regarding that Post Credit Scene.
Spoiler:
Looks like Bucky will become the MCU version of White Wolf
Old 02-17-2018, 07:02 PM   #74
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The movie was awesome, a true feast for the eyes. I felt for the villain, and I felt T'Challa's struggle. I loved how Klau cheesed it up. Loved the whole thing beginning to end.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:19 PM   #75
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Regarding that Post Credit Scene.
Spoiler:
Looks like Bucky will become the MCU version of White Wolf
What's a white wolf?

You mean this?
Old 02-17-2018, 07:22 PM   #76
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
What's a white wolf?

You mean this?
White Wolf is Black Panther's adopted brother in the comics.
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/White_W...er)_(Earth-616)

In the comics he was a white child whose parents were killed in a plane crash. and then King T'Chaka the original Black Panther adopted him long before T'Challa was born.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:00 PM   #77
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I see, so that's what
Spoiler:
Bucky
gonna be in Infinity War I guess.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:04 PM   #78
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I see, so that's what
Spoiler:
Bucky
gonna be in Infinity War I guess.
Yeah looks like they are changing it around so that he is the White Wolf in the MCU.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:35 AM   #79
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Kevin Feige (President of Marvel Studios) Says Black Panther is the MCU’s Best Movie to Date
https://screenrant.com/black-panther...e-kevin-feige/

Kevin Feige believes Black Panther is the best Marvel Cinematic Universe movie to date. When Marvel Studios began, Kevin Feige was put in charge of the operation. Thanks to his long-term vision, knowledge of the source material, and passion to make something unique, the MCU is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year. The celebration comes in an incredibly important year for the universe. Yes, Thanos is finally coming to battle all the heroes the MCU has to offer, but Black Panther kicks off the year, and is doing so in grand fashion.

Once again, Marvel Studios has secured a movie that certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. It has also been one of their most talked about movies, which has led to high levels of anticipation. Just looking at the film’s incredible number of ticket pre-sales, it was poised to be big, and now the box office is already reflecting that. All of this is happening to a film many are raving about, including Marvel Studios’ head honcho.

ABC News spoke to several people involved with Black Panther including Kevin Feige. In the conversation, Feige revealed his thoughts on the final product and recalled his immediate reaction when seeing the final product with director Ryan Coogler.

The movie finished and I looked over at Ryan and I said, ‘That’s the best movie we’ve ever made.’

Black Panther Mid credits scene Kevin Feige Says Black Panther is the MCUs Best Movie to Date
It shouldn’t come as a surprise that Feige is happy with the final product, but this is some incredibly high praise. He typically isn’t one to over-hype a movie just to sell tickets, and since this was his immediate reaction, it says a lot. While not everyone is going to agree with Black Panther being the best – and it may take time for it to fall in its rightful place in the pantheon of MCU movies – Feige certainly isn’t alone in this thinking.

When it comes to naming the best MCU movie, there are a few that are typically associated as the best. Both Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Captain America: Civil War are highly regarded, and more likely than not top the ‘Best Of’ lists for most. However, there’s also The Avengers, Iron Man, and Guardians of the Galaxy that each have their own loyal supporters, and rightfully so. There’s even some that put Ant-Man in this top tier, if not at the very top, just because of how fun it was. Black Panther in many ways is the best combination of several MCU movies. It has an outstanding villain, a stellar cast, looks beautiful, great action, the right amount of humor and drama, and so on. As the MCU continues on, there’s still time for Feige and company to make something that is even greater. But if not, Black Panther is a darn good movie to stand above the rest.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:52 AM   #80
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Black Panther is going to have the 2nd highest MCU opening ever.

It's also going to match Justice League's entire domestic box office in 4 days. Crazy.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote