The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-08-2023, 08:44 PM   #1
mikey22
Stone Warrior

who is the best ninja turtle in the ring?

tonight on youtube doing some simulated wrestling w/ the turtles!

shredder and splinter also featured

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS_gs6lryV4
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 05:30 PM   #2
TylerD
Random Punk

Going with Leo
TylerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 05:54 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

In theory without weapons they should be completely evenly matched.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 12:49 PM   #4
Barkworm
Super Moderator

I remember a user (Heretic888 or something) who would ALWAYS come into threads like this and say that Michelangelo is the strongest, no debate possible, because that's what it says in the Palladium book. Even after Peter once answered the question in the Vol 4 letter pages (he said it was Leo), the guy would just brush it off.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 11:18 PM   #5
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

I could see Raph making it as a pro wrestler, complete with that sleek, black body suit. Leo would be great in MMA.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 01:16 AM   #6
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW View Post
I could see Raph making it as a pro wrestler, complete with that sleek, black body suit. Leo would be great in MMA.
Don would be the methodical "Randy Orton-esque" wrestler, and I think Mike would do well in MMA, also. He'd be lazy, sure, haha, but he'd make up for it.

Hell, if TMNT were the Hart Foundation:

Leo = Bret
Raph = Anvil
Mike = Owen
Don = Bulldog

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 09:58 PM   #7
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERO View Post
Hell, if TMNT were the Hart Foundation:

Leo = Bret
Raph = Anvil
Mike = Owen
Don = Bulldog
Casey = Brian Pillman.

Old 11-23-2023, 10:01 PM   #8
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Quote:
Casey = Brian Pillman.
April = Diana.

Old 11-23-2023, 10:05 PM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'd kind of like people to "pump up" their arguments for why any one Turtle would be better than the other, if we were to remove weapons from the equation. And I'll try and remove incarnation as best as I can, though I also think that's important:

* They've all been trained exactly the same by Master Splinter.

* They all follow exactly the same training regime, every day, 24/7. Because they would. And no, you can't get into assumptions about, "Well, probably Raphael might lift extra weights in his spare time" because even if he might, we've never seen that.

* The only difference, training wise, would be based on weapons-styles. As in, obviously Leonardo would be most proficient in swords, etc., but this is irrelevant if they're just getting in the ring with no weapons. THOUGH there could be arguments made by guys more knowledgeable than me that being trained by X weapon rather than X weapon might make you a better fighter overall in a hand to hand thing. But then there's probably...

* ... all of the Turtles were taught to fight with each others' weapons interchangeably. Now, could Raph pick up Don's bo-staff and be just as good as Don at it? No, probably not. But in a fight that moves this way or that, it might not matter.

It's complicated. And by no means should even stuff like, "but haha, Mike is usually stoned pizza guy" be a factor. I mean, I'd rather we just factor that out and look at Mirage TMNT, but as a rule we can pretend, "they're stone cold sober, they're just fighting with no weapons in the Octagon with no real rules hand to hand and have exactly the same training wherewithall."
Old 11-23-2023, 10:30 PM   #10
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERO View Post
April = Diana.
Splinter = Stu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'd kind of like people to "pump up" their arguments for why any one Turtle would be better than the other, if we were to remove weapons from the equation. And I'll try and remove incarnation as best as I can, though I also think that's important:

* They've all been trained exactly the same by Master Splinter.

* They all follow exactly the same training regime, every day, 24/7. Because they would. And no, you can't get into assumptions about, "Well, probably Raphael might lift extra weights in his spare time" because even if he might, we've never seen that.

* The only difference, training wise, would be based on weapons-styles. As in, obviously Leonardo would be most proficient in swords, etc., but this is irrelevant if they're just getting in the ring with no weapons. THOUGH there could be arguments made by guys more knowledgeable than me that being trained by X weapon rather than X weapon might make you a better fighter overall in a hand to hand thing. But then there's probably...

* ... all of the Turtles were taught to fight with each others' weapons interchangeably. Now, could Raph pick up Don's bo-staff and be just as good as Don at it? No, probably not. But in a fight that moves this way or that, it might not matter.

It's complicated. And by no means should even stuff like, "but haha, Mike is usually stoned pizza guy" be a factor. I mean, I'd rather we just factor that out and look at Mirage TMNT, but as a rule we can pretend, "they're stone cold sober, they're just fighting with no weapons in the Octagon with no real rules hand to hand and have exactly the same training wherewithall."
I initially had a long-winded post doing just that, but I got half-way through and felt I was being a ridiculous and taking the topic way too seriously. But, I can attempt to sum it up.

Raph would be a grappler. Close quarters is his strong suit, so he'd be like a Brock Lesnar or Kurt Angle type. Leo and Don are more tactical yet also good with distance striking, so I'd put them as technician/strikers like Shawn Michaels or CM Punk. Michelangelo I always felt was more agile and limber, a bit of a whirlwind, so I'd give him a luchador style like Rey Mysterio or Eddie Guerrero.

As for who would win, I'd say Raphael by the skin of his teeth. In my mind's eye, he has just a little more strength and stamina than the others that can give him the edge. But Leo would make him work for it... hard.

I dunno. It might sound dumb, but that's just how I view it.

Old 11-24-2023, 01:04 AM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I dunno. It might sound dumb, but that's just how I view it.
It doesn't sound dumb. It just doesn't sound grounded in facts. But it all depends, you could twist it any which way, if we're going that way.
Old 11-24-2023, 11:45 AM   #12
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It doesn't sound dumb. It just doesn't sound grounded in facts. But it all depends, you could twist it any which way, if we're going that way.
People say that Leo is more skilled than Raph because he's levelheaded forget that he was beaten by him in the barn in the Return to New York story. Raph also beat him in the first episode of the Nick cartoon. Mikey used Raph's anger against him a few times in a fight despite many claims that he doesn't take training seriously. Just to further add to your point.
LeotheLateBloomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 12:02 PM   #13
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Quote:
Splinter = Stu.
You win.

Quote:
I initially had a long-winded post doing just that, but I got half-way through and felt I was being a ridiculous and taking the topic way too seriously.
This is what we've been doing in here for the past 2 decades. Nothin' new. Haha.

Quote:
Raph would be a grappler. Close quarters is his strong suit, so he'd be like a Brock Lesnar or Kurt Angle type.
Just keep him away from Kofi Kingston, that's all I say.

Quote:
Leo and Don are more tactical yet also good with distance striking, so I'd put them as technician/strikers like Shawn Michaels or CM Punk.
It amazes me that Punk and HBK never had a match against each other. Probably my biggest "What If?" scenario next to Bret vs. Kurt. Aside from that, I agree on that statement.

Quote:
Michelangelo I always felt was more agile and limber, a bit of a whirlwind, so I'd give him a luchador style like Rey Mysterio or Eddie Guerrero.
I'll raise you on that and say he'd be more of a hybrid of both, but add Ricochet into the DNA. Mikey could easily pull off a 630 senton in his sleep if he wanted to.

Quote:
As for who would win, I'd say Raphael by the skin of his teeth. In my mind's eye, he has just a little more strength and stamina than the others that can give him the edge. But Leo would make him work for it... hard.
Given that Leo would be the HBK style (and given the fact that Shawn can make a match with an amoeba be a contender for MOTY), that's highly accurate. At the end of the day, it's all about the booking, and Brock usually comes out on top of those. BUT at the same time, Brock is a legit NCAA legend, so I believe even in a shoot fight, Raph vs. Leo would be insane. The edge would go to Raph due to the size.

I would say Mikey has the most potential, but it's just not his vibe or mindset.

Old 11-24-2023, 12:55 PM   #14
neatoman
Emperor

Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 03:57 PM   #15
Prowler
Emperor

When I was a kid, I made my 2k3 Ninja Turtles wrestle in my own wrestling federation against my wrestling action figures in "In Your Room" style PPVs. I'm pretty sure I made Leonardo win the world championship against Shredder at WrestleMania and then made Raphael champion and turn heel in the process against Mikey at WM and become the new leader of the Foot Clan faction thus replacing Shredder. So... Leo followed by Raph would be my answer.

I was like 14. Don't judge
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote