The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 11-20-2017, 11:06 AM   #121
newfan
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post

But if it does come up naturally in a conversation... and remember, this is a friggin' discussion forum, conversations will go all over the place as a rule... do a handful of salty babies have to have a tantrum every time other people are talking about something they're not personally comfortable with? Can they not just... I dunno, ignore it? Talk about something else? Hop to another thread and live and let live?
It depends what you mean, are you talking about people complaining that there are political threads at all or are you name calling people who just don't want to see it on every single thread? at least not to the same degree as the political ones anyway. (obviously it can come up everywhere to a degree) I have read political threads with interest but like everyone else I joined as a TMNT fan, sometimes people want to talk TMNT with enjoyment and not have it be a political argument.

Last edited by newfan; 11-20-2017 at 11:57 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:06 AM   #122
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

I prefer bisexual as well as "attracted to more then one gender", similar to bilingual are often used for people that know more then two languages.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:11 AM   #123
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
It depends what you mean, are you talking about people complaining that there are political threads at all or are you name calling people who just don't want to see it on every single thread? at least not to the same degree as the political ones anyway. (obviously it can come up everywhere to a degree)
That wouldn't be about coming out of their comfort zone (not for everyone anyway), I have read some of the political threads with interest but it I joined as a TMNT fan (like everyone else) and want to enjoy it too.
As long as it's on-topic to the thread or section, what's the issue? I'm not into limiting discussion as a rule, and political or social topics can relate to the TMNT media as well, even if it's speculation or "what if" kinda discussions. (Some people get extremely upset whenever this occurs, and I don't understand why they can't just suck it up and ignore it.)
Old 11-20-2017, 11:20 AM   #124
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I prefer bisexual as well as "attracted to more then one gender", similar to bilingual are often used for people that know more then two languages.
This is the other argument I've heard that re-affirms my decision to stay where I am.

To the greater conversation:
It's hard/next to impossible to fully divest conversation from politics.
I mean, this entire thread was born out of a mocking disdain for a pretty innocuous call for broad-spectrum empathy.

I've seen more than few people mention how they're not political, and can't stand politics, which to me translates to: I've never had to think about it before, and i don't like having to think about things that don't affect me personally.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:01 AM   #125
Sumac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
You're doing fine on your own showing who you are.
Empathy not equals insanity.
Compassion does not require denial of reality.
If this hurts someone feelings - can't help.

Your desire to relinquish objective reality for the sake of compassion, shows who are you.
I was of the same idea - just push hard and real world will change.
But it was when I was 15 years old. Since then, times has changed. I have changed. I understood that real world is something that do exist.
I hope one day you will get to this idea too.

Quote:
It's not a zero sum game. Respecting trans' folks identities doesn't take away from anyone else's. That's not what this is about. This is about trying to be inclusive if you're not sure of someone's gender identity. That doesn't take away from anyone else's rights at all.
I understand that there are some "extremists" in any movement.

However, in this current climate, people, sadly, prefer only polarized opinions. Us vs Them. Good vs Bad. No nuances, no context, no logic.
Just vehement hatred for everyone who has different opinion, whether it's absolutely different opinion or just minor things that are different.

In this climate those extremist voices are more noticeable than that of rational people and I don't fancy what can happen, if the world will bent to their will.
In general, any type of extremism is bad, whether its dictated by empathy or hatred. Because, in the end Extremism leads to nothing but ruin and destruction.

You may cry all you want "but think about them", but in the it sounds suspiciously similar to when conservatives cry at any occasion "think about children".

Quote:
Oh, believe me, I rarely bring it into any discussion around here. I know how conversations tend to go in this damn place. It's not worth it.

But if it does come up naturally in a conversation... and remember, this is a friggin' discussion forum, conversations will go all over the place as a rule... do a handful of salty babies have to have a tantrum every time other people are talking about something they're not personally comfortable with? Can they not just... I dunno, ignore it? Talk about something else? Hop to another thread and live and let live?
The problem here, is that in this stupidly charged climate any discussion stops being about initial subject, and changes exclusively to fling political crap back and forth.
At this point, it becomes not a discussion, but just useless swamp about nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I've seen more than few people mention how they're not political, and can't stand politics, which to me translates to: I've never had to think about it before, and i don't like having to think about things that don't affect me personally.
It's like everyone should think about this stuff 24/7.

Ironically, I went through this stage in my life and it was horrible and nearly drive me insane. 24/7 being consumed by constant informational stream, constantly thinking what and where and when...people need time to wind down. Or rather people should have time to wind down to not go crazy.

P.S.
I find it extremely funny and entertaining that on the other forum I was labeled as "fem-nazi" and "gay-lover" and "poisoned by liberal ideology", but here some people apparently consider me a bigot.
Which proves for me once again, how meaningless all this labeling crap is.

Last edited by Sumac; Yesterday at 12:08 AM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:38 AM   #126
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Empathy not equals insanity.
Compassion does not require denial of reality.
If this hurts someone feelings - can't help.
yesterday was Trans Day of Remembrance, there's a lot of great articles and pieces out there, you could do some reading and educate yourself instead of spewing outdated ********.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM   #127
Sumac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
yesterday was Trans Day of Remembrance, there's a lot of great articles and pieces out there, you could do some reading and educate yourself instead of spewing outdated ********.
Unless humans will be able to change their biological sex at will, without help of doctors, then I will consider this outdated, but as of now, no.

Objective reality can not outdated, it can be molded to serve someone's interests like we have here, but I won't share those weird views.
Sorry, not soaked in left lunacy enough yet.
Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM   #128
FredWolfLeonardo
FW Fanboy

This thread is pure gold for cinematic viewings with popcorn.

But I'm surprised it hasn't been locked or disintigrated yet, considering how out of hand it has gotten.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM   #129
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Unless humans will be able to change their biological sex at will, without help of doctors, then I will consider this outdated, but as of now, no.

Objective reality can not outdated, it can be molded to serve someone's interests like we have here, but I won't share those weird views.
Sorry, not soaked in left lunacy enough yet.
Just how tall is that horse you're on? Must get nosebleeds up that high. Need a ladder to get back down here on Earth?

No one is advocating for bending the world to fit the needs of a few. What they ARE saying is that gender inclusiveness should not be limited to the "baseline" only. It SHOULD span the entire spectrum of what is out there, whether that is male, female, or something in between. Heck Google chimeras sometime. Your narrow view of what constitutes gender is a drop in the bucket of the range of possibilities when mutations and birth defects come into play. What of the woman who looks normal but whose blood tests as male or who has a male liver or pancreas because she was fused at the zygote stage with a male twin? Or a guy who has the usual "sword" but whose internal reproductive organs are female? You want to arbitrarily tell them what they can call themselves if they believe they are something other than what they outwardly look like? That is rather dictatorial reasoning. Not to mention a very regressive step backward for human rights.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fredwolfleo=tagabuser