Samurai Tourists 0 0%
IDW One-shot 2 6.67%
Yojimbo/Osoroshi no Tabi/Kagayake! Kintaro 9 30.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2017, 08:21 AM   #1
ToTheNines
[sic]

Best Usagi crossover

Tough call for me, gonna have to think about it before I vote.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:30 AM   #2
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

You forgot Usagi Yojimbo and Usagi Cone Home from thev1987 cation. That is a large number became aware of him.

I chose Big Brawl, but I will always be fond of the 1987 take. I only wish there was a resolution to the character.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:45 AM   #3
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
You forgot Usagi Yojimbo and Usagi Cone Home from thev1987 cation. That is a large number became aware of him
It's there, between Rabbit Stew (Mirage) and Shades of Green (Usagi Yojimbo comics).

I'll have to think myself on it, the Usagi appearances are some of my favorites in TMNT. Very difficult to pick a personal favorite.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:42 AM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't know, I really enjoyed the Battle Nexus arc but it really wasn't an Usagi arc, it's more like he guest starred in this huge tournament featuring a whole bunch of characters and also tied into two villains like Draco and Ultimate Ninja.

The Usagi ep from Season 3 of 4kids where Leonardo went to his world is probably my pick then, because it was the most Usagi centered of all his 4kids appearances, and it was in his home world unlike the Season 4 ep where he came to New York.

Nick's Usagi crossover was great, but mainly the first and last episode. The middle by Brandon Auman wasn't as good, but the last episode was fantastic.

The recent IDW crossover was really good too. Nothing particularly special but a nice crossover that tied into Japanese mythology and had some nice action scenes in a typical Usagi story.

I like the Fred Wolf eps merely out of nostalgia, and I did like how he helped Obento-san against the giant green dragon and the ending in the fireworks factory, plus Usagi freeing the rabbit "slaves" in the restaurant.

Hard pick, but I guess I'd go with something Stan Sakai did himself since it was the "real" Usagi written by the man himself, and not a cartoon spinoff version like the other 3. So either the IDW crossover or the original Mirage ones.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:33 PM   #5
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I haven't read the Mirage or IDW tales yet and have not yet seen the Nick crossover so I can't really judge yet. Of the ones I've seen I would probably go with either The Real World or The Big Brawl.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:36 PM   #6
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I really like Shades of Green.
Three whole issues of Usagi teaming up with the TMNT, drawn by Stan, and having more interactions between the characters than almost any of the other crossovers? It's almost no contest.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 05:54 AM   #7
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Yea Shades of Green was my pick, although I liked them all. Tough choice. I haven't seen/read the new stuff yet (Nick and IDW), but it sounds good.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:28 AM   #8
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Why was he never sent back to his own Earth in the original series?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:59 PM   #9
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
I really like Shades of Green.
Three whole issues of Usagi teaming up with the TMNT, drawn by Stan, and having more interactions between the characters than almost any of the other crossovers? It's almost no contest.
Because Stan is actually a great storyteller who have an eye on delicate details.

Despite that I still pick Nick Usagi because he's finally in CGI and it was wonderful to see him in full 3D animated form.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:42 PM   #10
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Why was he never sent back to his own Earth in the original series?
We've all lamented the lack of a third Usagi episode a million times, but it is frustrating that between the sheer number of episodes between seasons 3&4 that they couldn't fit one more in. So many turds that I'd trade in a heartbeat for an Usagi conclusion. His toy allegedly sold over 2 million units the year it came out.

Even gave us that dumbass madeup rabbit character for the Easter episode.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:00 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think you're forgetting the rights for Usagi was probably only for a 2 ep deal (the episode was essentially a 2-parter), and that's it. If Usagi were to be in more episodes they'd probably have to make another deal with Stan Sakai.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:09 PM   #12
ToTheNines
[sic]

"I think you're forgetting something that I'm totally assuming and have no evidence of".
Old 08-08-2017, 09:01 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well it makes sense. He's a crossover character and they probably got the rights to use him for an hour episode, split into two episodes. And...that was it.

It's also obvious because PL said he stopped following the original cartoon after the first few seasons, so if he lost interest in it he obviously didn't go to Stan Sakai and ask him for another crossover. Without PL we would have never gotten that first Usagi crossover.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:52 PM   #14
funatic
Mad Scientist

I voted for The Real World as it felt the most immersive in Usagi's world, introducing a lot of the extended secondary characters I never imagined we'd see in animated form.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:58 AM   #15
snake
Disgusting

Ughhhhhhh. This is hard, because I enjoy all of them (haven't read IDW yet) and I can't pick a single favorite. Shades of Green and the Nick arc come out on top. The Real World/Battle Nexus is nice too.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:25 AM   #16
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Ughhhhhhh. This is hard, because I enjoy all of them (haven't read IDW yet) and I can't pick a single favorite. Shades of Green and the Nick arc come out on top. The Real World/Battle Nexus is nice too.
My gut feeling wants to go with Real World/Battle Nexus but I'd have to think more on this one.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:59 AM   #17
funatic
Mad Scientist

Battle Nexus is probably my actual favorite, but merely feels like usagi is guest starring in a turtles tale rather than a proper crossover.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:46 PM   #18
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
We've all lamented the lack of a third Usagi episode a million times, but it is frustrating that between the sheer number of episodes between seasons 3&4 that they couldn't fit one more in. So many turds that I'd trade in a heartbeat for an Usagi conclusion. His toy allegedly sold over 2 million units the year it came out.

Even gave us that dumbass madeup rabbit character for the Easter episode.
Then he should've been sent back onscreen at the end of the second episode (instead of assumed offscreen).
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:20 PM   #19
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Then he should've been sent back onscreen at the end of the second episode (instead of assumed offscreen).
He said he's gonna enjoy staying on earth at the end of Usagi Come Home. I always assumed he just always stayed in the turtles dimension and was happy with that.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

Eh, I assume Usagi just went back to his own world off-screen in the original toon shortly after that ep ended. I never thought he stayed on Earth.