The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 11-12-2017, 09:22 PM   #101
CyberCubed
Overlord

In Teen Titans and Young Justice I saw Deathstroke fight hand to hand more than anything, and the Arkham Origins boss fight.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:31 PM   #102
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
In Teen Titans and Young Justice I saw Deathstroke fight hand to hand more than anything, and the Arkham Origins boss fight.
He used guns and a sword in Young justice and in origins he used a Bo staff
Old 11-12-2017, 10:20 PM   #103
Ninjinister
無問題

Did you forget Batman is a ninja? If it weren't for the grappling hook, he'd probably be the best bet.

I mean I am so confused right now. Deathstroke is basically serious Deadpool (with good reason) and you think he would be host for Shredder as a premium skin if he were in the game?
Old 11-13-2017, 01:23 AM   #104
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
So was Deathstroke in Injustice 1 then?
He was. He's not in Injustice 2, though. Why? I'm not sure. A couple others were dropped as well, such as Raven, Sinestro, Shazam and Lex Luthor (though in the case of Shazam and Lex, that at least makes sense considering the Injustice Earth versions got themselves killed in the first game).

Still, it's moot, because I agree with the others that he'd be a poor base for a Shredder skin. I don't think anyone is really close enough for it. Some are saying Batman, but even then, he's gadget heavy and doesn't fight the same.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:04 AM   #105
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Rented Injustice yesterday because I got super impatient wanting to get a feel of this game before the TMNT arrive.

I guess we'll probably get more clues on how they'll play whenever they release the "Introducing ... " game-play footage they've been uploading?
Old 11-13-2017, 11:09 AM   #106
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
He was. He's not in Injustice 2, though. Why? I'm not sure.
Most likely because parts of his gameplay were given to Deadshot.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:44 AM   #107
CyberCubed
Overlord

I never understood why fighters cut characters from previous games and don't include them. Their movesets are practically done, and although I know they would have to tweak them to match gameplay of the sequels, isn't it basically throwing away an almost complete fighter? Plus they know fans play as certain characters and are upset they weren't in the sequels.

I'll never understand why fighters purposely remove old characters. This has been my gripe in almost every fighter sequel ever.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:18 PM   #108
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

You're not a developer, you don't have to understand.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:22 PM   #109
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I'll never understand why fighters purposely remove old characters. This has been my gripe in almost every fighter sequel ever.
Because roster is finite and, if you do not just an update of existing fighting game (like in case with Guilty Gear, BlazBlue or many other niche fighting games), but a new installment, you need to overhaul gameplay of all characters from scratch (which means you need to create new / additional animations, rebalance gameplay for the new rules and systems and so on).

At this point, there is effectively no difference between creating new character and reusing the old one. Well, maybe reusing old one is a bit easier, if we talk about, say Tekken, but it is still not a simple matter of copypasting old assets and animations.

In case of Deadshot and Deathstroke - you have two characters who quite similar to each other. Of course, theoretically you can make both distinct with their own unique gameplay, but it's a matter of time, money and approval of DC bosses.
In this case, it was decided that Deadshot should be a more prominent character (in lieu of his appearance in Suicide Squad) and Deathstroke is not worth the efforts, so Stroke was stroked out and Shot got a shot to be in the game. And to speed up development process, some of the Deathstroke moves (as well as that of Erron Black from MKX) were given to Deadshot.

Last edited by Sumac; 11-13-2017 at 12:28 PM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:32 PM   #110
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

This game is definitely on my list when we get the inevitable $20 Complete/Ultimate Edition. I still have yet to beat the first Injustice.

It's nice to see CGI turtles that still have the classic Henson aesthetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:05 PM   #111
Allio
Foot Elite

Granted, we still haven't gotten the Arkham knight complete
Old 11-13-2017, 01:57 PM   #112
Ninjinister
無問題

Sakurai said it best when discussing characters from Smash: building a new character and a returning character take almost equal parts of work when developing a new incarnation of a series.
Old 11-13-2017, 02:20 PM   #113
CyberCubed
Overlord

They better bring back Ice Climbers in the next Smash. They even said they were done and working on the Wii-U and just removed them because the 3DS version couldn't handle two characters moving at once.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:02 AM   #114
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
For real. Lemme just share this again:

https://s17.postimg.org/xnwk7a5zz/turtles.jpg
Gah ... I love this so much.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:21 PM   #115
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Are there skins of the CW shows like Arrow, Supergirl, Flash?
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:14 PM   #116
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
they outright said they wouldn't be able to do justice to the property because they wheren't huge fans like they where Batman's.
When did they say that? I thought they only said they're not working on one, that's it.

Quote:
And with that reactions the reveal got and if the DLC pack sells through the roof it might interest WB to invest on the license to do a proper TMNT game at their own time, with no pressure to meet deadlines and to release while the interest is high because of popularity and instead create a good TMNT game for once.
Between this and the Batman crossover comics, we can only hope.
LeotheLateBloomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:46 PM   #117
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
When did they say that? I thought they only said they're not working on one, that's it.
Right around that time, but I can't find anything about it for the life of me, but they did say it, if I remember it then they said it, I never forget random bits of trivia I've ever heard, for what it's worth anyway...
Old 11-16-2017, 08:18 AM   #118
pferreira
Foot Elite

So which voices are these for TMNT? I don't recognise them.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:38 AM   #119
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
So which voices are these for TMNT? I don't recognise them.
Idk but they're doing their best to imitate the 90s movie TMNT.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:14 PM   #120
CyberCubed
Overlord

I bet Nolan North is one of them. He already voiced Raph in the 4th movie and does tons of videogame voices.

Tags
injustice 2, peanut