The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-10-2016, 10:48 PM   #81
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I'm personally hoping Slade Wilson isn't the single antagonist of the film. Maybe work in some Jason Todd or Court of Owls...
Court of owls really could only be really effective with an inexperienced Batman fairly early in his crimefighting career.
having Batman active for so many years and not knowing of a secret organization operating right under his nose would really discredit him as being "the world's greatest detective".
Old 10-11-2016, 08:12 AM   #82
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
Court of owls really could only be really effective with an inexperienced Batman fairly early in his crimefighting career.
having Batman active for so many years and not knowing of a secret organization operating right under his nose would really discredit him as being "the world's greatest detective".
Nah. It just gives even more credence to the skill of the Court at Owls, that they are able to hide in plain sight in HIS city for so long.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:40 AM   #83
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Nah. It just gives even more credence to the skill of the Court at Owls, that they are able to hide in plain sight in HIS city for so long.
since their introduction took place approximately 5 years after Batman had been active in Gotham, it would also raise the question of why didn't the Court of Owls go after Batman sooner? putting them right in his radar.

unless they use an already introduced Court of Owls that had already crossed paths with Batman time and again?

but the Court i only honestly find effective as a plot device within their origin story. almost the same i feel with Bane.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:43 AM   #84
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
since their introduction took place approximately 5 years after Batman had been active in Gotham, it would also raise the question of why didn't the Court of Owls go after Batman sooner? putting them right in his radar.

unless they use an already introduced Court of Owls that had already crossed paths with Batman time and again?

but the Court i only honestly find effective as a plot device within their origin story. almost the same i feel with Bane.
Bane I'll grant you; he's never had a good story beyond "Knightfall". (He had some pretty cool stuff in Suicide Squad and Secret Six, but that's not mainline Batman stuff.)

But Court of Owls is a SECRET. We've all heard rumors of the Illuminati for YEARS but nobody believes it's really true. Until all of a sudden PROOF! Same works for Gotham City and the Court of Owls.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:18 AM   #85
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Bane I'll grant you; he's never had a good story beyond "Knightfall". (He had some pretty cool stuff in Suicide Squad and Secret Six, but that's not mainline Batman stuff.)

But Court of Owls is a SECRET. We've all heard rumors of the Illuminati for YEARS but nobody believes it's really true. Until all of a sudden PROOF! Same works for Gotham City and the Court of Owls.
but after the Court's secret was out their presence never quite held the same magnitude.
even when they made appearances in comics after their debut, they were kind of treated like a punch-line.
'Punch' being the KEY word!!
Old 10-11-2016, 10:31 AM   #86
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I don't remember him in Suicide Squad. Secret Six, yeah, he became sort of the den father... a very different role for him but I liked the human aspect of it.

But yeah, beyond that one story where Bruce funded a Bane expedition to discover his father and "Bane of the Demon" which led into "Legacy" (where he became Ra's' heir, which even there shortchanged him), Bane has been grossly maligned. It seems nowadays the latest "hot" artist/writer just throws him into a 2-3 part story in some crap Batman title twice a year or so to get pumped up on venom and lose to Batman again, and the story is never referenced again. He shouldn't even be on venom anymore, he broke that.

Chuck Dixon and Graham Nolan have all but admitted outright they are working on some kind of massive Bane story for DC right now.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:40 AM   #87
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I don't remember him in Suicide Squad. Secret Six, yeah, he became sort of the den father... a very different role for him but I liked the human aspect of it.

But yeah, beyond that one story where Bruce funded a Bane expedition to discover his father and "Bane of the Demon" which led into "Legacy" (where he became Ra's' heir, which even there shortchanged him), Bane has been grossly maligned. It seems nowadays the latest "hot" artist/writer just throws him into a 2-3 part story in some crap Batman title twice a year or so to get pumped up on venom and lose to Batman again, and the story is never referenced again. He shouldn't even be on venom anymore, he broke that.

Chuck Dixon and Graham Nolan have all but admitted outright they are working on some kind of massive Bane story for DC right now.
Didn't the Secret Six cross over with the Suicide Squad at some point? It's been a couple of years since I read it, but I think that's when he was involved in the Squad.

Damn, a new GOOD Bane story? I surely hope so.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:41 AM   #88
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Didn't the Secret Six cross over with the Suicide Squad at some point?
That sounds right. Just before Flashpoint (obviously).

Quote:
Damn, a new GOOD Bane story? I surely hope so.
I hope it's Vengeance of Bane III. But it's probably some kind of Bane: Rebirth that will lead to some minor part in some Batman event and be forgotten about in short order.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:42 AM   #89
myconius
Abby Normal

Chuck Dixon has written a good number of some of my favorite comics.

even when he's teamed up with another writer he delivers!

one of my favorites from him was 'Robin Year One'.

probably the best Dick Grayson story i've ever read?
Old 11-04-2016, 04:39 PM   #90
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Take this with a grain of salt, But there are reports that the script for the new Batman movie is a mess, but Warner Bros doesn't care.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...warner-a146533
Quote:
"[They] were just telling me that there are serious problems with the script. And that the executives I was having dinner with were complaining about people who work on the Batman movie. And they just said they went to the studio and they said, ‘Look, the script is … Here’s 30 things that are wrong with it that we can fix.’ And [the executives] said, ‘We don’t care. We don’t really care. The amount of money we’re going to make globally, I mean 70 percent of our audience is not going to be seeing this in English. And it doesn’t really matter, these things that you’re bringing up about the flaws of the script.’ So I do think global concerns play a big part in how movies, and what movies, are being made, obviously."
Old 11-04-2016, 04:43 PM   #91
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well I can believe it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:05 PM   #92
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Why are these stupid people running the show?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:15 PM   #93
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Take this with a grain of salt, But there are reports that the script for the new Batman movie is a mess, but Warner Bros doesn't care.
Trolling. Not you, the article. I doubt it. Affleck is a competent director and producer.

EDIT:

Took another look, apparently it's on Batman-News as well. That site I trust. Hmm...

This does not look good. Once again, WB has a goldmine and just pisses all over it?

Last edited by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy; 11-04-2016 at 05:21 PM.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:23 PM   #94
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
i usually don't give much attention to these types of article.

when i start seeing trailers and preview clips, i'll judge for myself.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:31 PM   #95
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Well, we know Affleck isn't going to move on this until the script is "just right." I don't think he's going to let them muscle him. They need him way more than he needs them.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:36 PM   #96
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Well, we know Affleck isn't going to move on this until the script is "just right." I don't think he's going to let them muscle him. They need him way more than he needs them.
It could be that Affleck turned in the script to WB and they have some issues with it, you never know.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:45 PM   #97
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
i like this rational much better than the folks publishing articles announcing that the sky is falling right from the get go.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:54 PM   #98
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
This is the same guy who said that Batman v. Superman would be better than Daredevil. It is, but not by much.

Affleck's heart might be in the right place, but he either just can't come up with good ideas or (my opinion) WB IS breaking him down and forcing him to move ahead with crappo ideas in the name of making more money in China. WB destroyed Peter Jackson and now the new victim is Ben Affleck. Both creative guys who were utterly rammed into participating in half-baked projects.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 06:14 PM   #99
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The guy that made those comments about the script has backtracked on those comments.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...a-what-a146556
Quote:
During a long interview with The Ringer’s Sean Fennessey we talked about reasons why studio movies are so bad now and touched on the global needs of the marketplace. I told him something I had heard about the new Batman movie as an example of what might be the problem: I was talking with two executives who have NOTHING to do with the Batman movie and who KNEW people who were involved with the production. The two executives I was having dinner with were relating the problems they had heard about the script from people working on the Batman project–that’s all. I know no one involved with the Batman movie and I didn’t realize that my comments would make it into The Ringer piece or else I wouldn’t have cited that particular movie–I have no idea what the Batman script is like and I regret that it came off as if I was disparaging the project. Another reason to be careful giving interviews.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:23 PM   #100
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
The guy that made those comments about the script has backtracked on those comments.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...a-what-a146556
what a doofus

Tags
batman, diversity comics, the cucked crusader