The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-13-2017, 11:32 AM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Anything with Timothy is automatically garbage. Good thing he died.
His eps were pretty funny, and the first one is the first time Fishface gets his robo legs working and bites Raphael. The second one also had some great Foot action scenes.

This is a time where you separate the dislike for a character from the episodes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:20 PM   #42
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

A toss-up between 'Donatello's badd time', and Spider Bytez's intro episode. Both are equally boring and stupid to me.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:58 PM   #43
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Anything with Timothy is automatically garbage. Good thing he died.
Spoiler:

The worst episode for me was "Turtle Tunes".
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:07 PM   #44
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post

Thats not even an episode of any of the shows.

And do you have to always use pics from Sonic Boom?
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:19 PM   #45
Prowler
Emperor

Donatello's Badd Time was just boring and unmemorable. I tend to forget it exists.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:52 PM   #46
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

FW: Michelangelo Toys Around, Donatello's Bad Time

4Kids: Incredible Shrinking Serling

Nick: Pizza Face, A Foot to Big, The Weird World of Wyrm, most episodes with Mona Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post

Worst episode, not worst iteration.

And stop it with the Sonic Boom pictures. You're showing an unhealthy obsession!
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:00 PM   #47
Vegita-San
Emperor

I liked the serling episode.

for me..

I liked the action in the First Howie Episode much better than the second, but howie was a bit more likeable in his second apperance and a bit less annoying.

I was also the same age, or there abouts as Zach first time around, so I never minded him. I DID find the Zach family and Zach girlfriend rather annoying though. The Rat King is the only saving Grace of the Great Bouldini episode.

But if I had to choose, I'd say 'Leonardo The Reniscance Turtle', 'Leo Cuts Loose', Funny They Shrunk Michelangelo, and Elementry My Dear Turtle for the original series shows. In my yearly re watching, i tend to skip those because I just think they where badly done and don't flow well at all.

For 4Kids.... The First Angel episode (kids acting adult, or annoying is always annoying to me for some reason). the first Garbageman episode. one or two Fast Forward Shows. and Mayhem From Mutant Island.

There's ALOT more nick shows I never have the need to watch again. Most of the Farm episodes. The Shellacne ep. Attack of the Mega Shredder. at times, it just felt too goofy, or too horror influenced to really feel like a true turtles show compared to the first two. and it will be the least revisited of the three in reruns.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:16 AM   #48
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

For 4kids, the sauper hero episodes. For me, this eps threww away the concept the turtles had to hide; I mean, this world has already accepted super powered beings who can fly, and look wierd. A giant walkign turtle isn't that much of a stretch on a world with super heroes and villians. And why in episodes where they aren't around, is it treated like a normal world, where if you saw something sci-fi or supernatural you're treated by everybody else like you're crazy?

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:16 AM   #49
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I felt more nostalgic about Napoleon Dynamite rather than the original tmnt cartoon while watching that episode XD

I wonder if Pedro voiced one of the other frogs, how weird that would've been.
Any person that votes Pedro sure gets a pat on the back by me.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 12:35 PM   #50
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Any person that votes Pedro sure gets a pat on the back by me.
Please vote for me, and I will make your wildest dreams come true.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 02:49 PM   #51
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
For 4kids, the sauper hero episodes. For me, this eps threww away the concept the turtles had to hide; I mean, this world has already accepted super powered beings who can fly, and look wierd. A giant walkign turtle isn't that much of a stretch on a world with super heroes and villians. And why in episodes where they aren't around, is it treated like a normal world, where if you saw something sci-fi or supernatural you're treated by everybody else like you're crazy?
Here are some rules I think could apply to coming TMNT versions.

*The turtles and Splinter must hide in the shadows.

*Some other mutants on Earth acceptable (having between circa 20-150 mutants on a planet with 7 000 000 000 humans not to mention all milliards of Earth animals, doesn't make the turtles and Splinter less special), if they also must hide in the shadows (for example, the Mutanimals can hide in the rainforest of Brazil).

*Go back to making April and Irma ordinary Earth-humans to balance the fantastic nature of the turtles.

*If you want some non-human anthropomorphic characters in some Asian countries (like the Archie comics), make sure to place them in very, very, very rural districts or have them hiding in the shadows.

*No superheroes on Earth. Keep them in Michelangelo's comic books, or on an alternate Earth. Let the turtles team up with vigiliants like Casey Jones, Gadgetman and Nobody instead.

*To allow the turtles to deal with extraterrestrials on Earth, keep an underground-based Technodrome or let the turtles infiltrate a TCRI-building.

*The turtles are considered freaks on Earth. Places like Dimension X and the Theta Galaxy or whatever are perfect for science fiction adventures without breaking this.

*The turtles may enter society in the future. Having them becoming heroes after saving the Earth and taking down a Triceraton attack or Krang-Kraang invasion by the end of a series works well. After all, they have spent years hiding in the shadows.

*Don't have the Kraang using mutagen to speed up evolution on Earth, like they in the Nickelodeon series at least claimed.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 12-16-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 04:13 PM   #52
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Please vote for me, and I will make your wildest dreams come true.
Well I can't promise that.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:59 PM   #53
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Im watching all wolf episodes and absolute worst of them all are "case of hot kimono" and that other one with italian mafia as well, its so bad you can swap turtles for any other random characters and suddenly episode doesnt have anything to do with turtles universe, looks like writers were fascinated by mafia at that time and besides mafia as enemies for turtles is lame even for kids and in that other episode mafia caught all the turtles and splinter so easy it was disrespectful for all other eipsodes .Yeah as a kid i remember i actually felt cheated - what the hell shredder and krang couldnt do it and some moustachio guys in suits did it without problem.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:09 PM   #54
CyberCubed
Overlord

There's always gangsters/mafia/mob in every TMNT incarnation though.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:17 PM   #55
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Phelous pointed out quite a few of the issues with that episode.

But my question is...how did Splinter get his Kimono into the dry cleaners? Did he send April to bring it in for him? Or do the dry cleaner staff just know and accept that some random giant rat man has a thing that needs to be washed.

And it's not even a kimono!
That's a different article of clothing entirely!
Old 12-22-2017, 07:44 AM   #56
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Yah that kimono episode with granny leading all turtles was cringeworthy and i hated it as a kid cause it insulted their leadership abilities.After episodes like this turtles werent that special for me and i think many kids felt like this.
My suspicion is that writers were angry about working on tmnt cartoon for kids and were trying to go with it in totally different direction, otherwise its really breaking rules set by previous episodes.I see some other episodes with the sam e writers and lot of breaking of 4th wall by turtles about "who writes this dialogue" etc and other various negs about writing process, it was some sort of vent of their frustration.These episodes shouldnt come to life, in some episodes like "turtles turtles everywhere" shredder is so mean to bebop in their first scene its hilariously off character even for shredder, theres a lot of snarky remarks in this episode and i think all of it is because of writers frustration , its actually funny episode because of these off character dialogues, any other episodes where this happens ? Ah theres this alternate reality episode where shredder rules and wears a suit and in one scene leonardo is screaming in cinema which is very off character for him, he would never ever do that from all the turtles he would be last.
But its just my opinion at this time and it might change, sometimes ive seen some off character dialogues in episode and i got suspicios but then there was a lot of them and i kinda shifted my view about entire episode , they were good because of how bad they were.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:18 AM   #57
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There's always gangsters/mafia/mob in every TMNT incarnation though.
Yes youre right even shredder's foot is organized crime which is mafia by definition but it was italian mafia against turtles and i have issues with how it was shown in wolf episodes
Old 12-22-2017, 02:38 PM   #58
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
My suspicion is that writers were angry about working on tmnt cartoon for kids and were trying to go with it in totally different direction, otherwise its really breaking rules set by previous episodes.I see some other episodes with the sam e writers and lot of breaking of 4th wall by turtles about "who writes this dialogue" etc and other various negs about writing process, it was some sort of vent of their frustration.These episodes shouldnt come to life, in some episodes like "turtles turtles everywhere" shredder is so mean to bebop in their first scene its hilariously off character even for shredder, theres a lot of snarky remarks in this episode and i think all of it is because of writers frustration , its actually funny episode because of these off character dialogues, any other episodes where this happens ? Ah theres this alternate reality episode where shredder rules and wears a suit and in one scene leonardo is screaming in cinema which is very off character for him, he would never ever do that from all the turtles he would be last.
But its just my opinion at this time and it might change, sometimes ive seen some off character dialogues in episode and i got suspicios but then there was a lot of them and i kinda shifted my view about entire episode , they were good because of how bad they were.
I think you're missing the point that the entire original cartoon is a parody. The 4th wall breaking, villain incompetence or bickering moments, the bizarre sci-fi plot parodies...it's all intentional.

The original TMNT cartoon wasn't a traditional action cartoon. The whole show was meant to be a parody/satire of superhero cartoons.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:20 PM   #59
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
The original TMNT cartoon wasn't a traditional action cartoon. The whole show was meant to be a parody/satire of superhero cartoons.
Didn't Masters of the Universe do the same with Star Wars?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:40 PM   #60
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I think you're missing the point that the entire original cartoon is a parody. The 4th wall breaking, villain incompetence or bickering moments, the bizarre sci-fi plot parodies...it's all intentional.

Not all episodes are like this and some are quite close to mirage but some like the ones with mob are very weird where you could swap turtles with some other characters and nobody would have a clue that its ninja turtles universe.4th wall breaking didnt happen that often, when you take a closer look then youll see that only particular writers of the show did this 4th wall break thing.
I remember people watching turtles forever said - hey wolf turtles werent that cheesy! but they were, actually some episodes were that "bad" and wolf turtles from turtles forever werent really that much off from actual wolf "bad" episodes but if you compare normal wolf episodes to turtles forever then i can see why people got weird feeling about it.
Turtles are satire of daredevil and superhero comic books i know that but this is a bit different "parody" in wolf universe.Its like if leo suddenlyu screams in rage or mikey becomes the leader and raphael invents things.Sometimes some chracters had weird lines

Last edited by bwwd; 12-22-2017 at 07:48 PM.
bwwd is offline   Reply With Quote