Mad Scientist

TMNT #83 Preview and Discussion

Full preview soon. First look:

Spoiler:
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:20 PM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord

This looks to be a real mammoth of an issue!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:21 PM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

And silly me, I'm just waiting for a plague of rats to fvck up some people and a creepy dude with a flute to lead them all to their deaths.

But yeah, sure... Manmoth.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:39 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

I love stories set in snow or a mountain landscape, so this should look good visually from the usual city or building settings we're in 90% of the time. Also Manmoth looks cool visually.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:47 PM   #5
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
This looks to be a real mammoth of an issue!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:22 PM   #6
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
And silly me, I'm just waiting for a plague of rats to fvck up some people and a creepy dude with a flute to lead them all to their deaths.

But yeah, sure... Manmoth.
Thats what I have been waiting for..... Hopefully this issue will be good.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:16 PM   #7
bushido
Stone Warrior

Full preview here.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:26 AM   #8
oldmanwinters
Overlord

First appearance of IDW Irma, so... COLLECTOR"S ISSUE!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:53 AM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Mike has a plan.

It better not be as stupid as his plan in the Invasion Universe tie-in issue.

It better not be a mouse.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:56 AM   #10
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
First appearance of IDW Irma, so... COLLECTOR"S ISSUE!
Can't wait for to turn out to be Krang's secret clone, grown by Ch'rell to fill the void in case he was ever eaten by a mutant alligator or something. Being a emergency replacement clone, he'd literally be Sub-Prime.

Edit: So...
Spoiler:
Tezuka, huh?
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 06-06-2018 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Double posting looks terrible, don't it?
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:08 AM   #11
ChosenOne
Banned

Great issue! The number of plot advancements and set ups for the future was through the roof, including something I predicted a while back, but it didn't feel forced, and Manmoth has a very fun personality both on and off the hunt. I'm very much excited for what's going on with Stockman.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:31 AM   #12
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Stockman's definitely gonna be mayor... and that's freaking AWESOME.

I enjoyed Mikey's takedown of Manmoth; it wasn't a copout. And I really like Manmoth, too. Big hairy dude's alright.

I wonder what the bit about Raphael is foreshadowing... that rumored "Weapon X" type story, maybe?
Old 06-06-2018, 09:45 AM   #13
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Stockman's definitely gonna be mayor... and that's freaking AWESOME.

(...)

I wonder what the bit about Raphael is foreshadowing... that rumored "Weapon X" type story, maybe?
This comic really needs to go way past #100 now, no way we get the payoff to the whole Mayor Stockman thing in just the next 15 issues with everything else that is brewing.

Possibly. And possibly (wishful thinking here) Shredder!Raph foreshadowing some time further down the line.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:57 AM   #14
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
This comic really needs to go way past #100 now, no way we get the payoff to the whole Mayor Stockman thing in just the next 15 issues with everything else that is brewing.

Possibly. And possibly (wishful thinking here) Shredder!Raph foreshadowing some time further down the line.
No, to me, it sounds more like circling back to when Raphael was a loner in the beginning of IDW.

I think he's gonna end up on some Mutant Weapon program run by Null, with Zodi on the roster, and there's gonna be some kind of conditioning used on him... your family isn't coming; you're not a being, you're a product; etc etc.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:00 AM   #15
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
No, to me, it sounds more like circling back to when Raphael was a loner in the beginning of IDW.

I think he's gonna end up on some Mutant Weapon program run by Null, with Zodi on the roster, and there's gonna be some kind of conditioning used on him... your family isn't coming; you're not a being, you're a product; etc etc.
In that regard, yes, it's totally circling back. I even considered asking Bobby something to that effect after I finished reading the issue but then some other stuff got in the way and I ended up not doing it. But it's clear that that's what they're going for. Raph > Leo > Donnie > Mike subtly taking the spotlight in turns works pretty well.

And yeah, I like that idea. But that's the immediate future. Shredder!Raph could still be a long-term move. (Really, really wishful thinking here...)
Old 06-06-2018, 10:24 AM   #16
ChosenOne
Banned

Also, does anyone else picture Manhmoth's voice as Mark Addy's Robert Baratheon, or is it just me?
Old 06-06-2018, 12:57 PM   #17
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if all of them end up heading down Splitsville.

Raphael goes on his own (Mutant Weapon program as suggested above?), Leo takes over the Foot clan, Don goes to keep living out with the aliens and help them recover from Bishop's attack (and possibly keep Ch'rell from doing something awful?), and Mike looks after Slash should he survived...maybe with Mondo if he decides to split from the Mutanimals as well.

Down to maybe 150 when they all have to get their sh*t together for the resurrection of the Dragon Lord.

I completely forgot this issue came out today with the week I've been having . But it was nice for them to have another chat - and for Manmoth to respect Mike as well. Mike's eating like he's visiting two grandmas back to back.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:42 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Was a nice issue, I'm hoping each Pantheon member gets a solo "spotlight" issue like Manmoth got here, such as Jagwar and Gothano who need one. It's nice to see at least one full issue or two about each member just to see how they work and their characters.

Seeing Baxter and Hun as allies will never not be weird though, but I guess it's the best direction to take them rather than just have them be villains foiled by the Turtles over and over. The side stuff with the gangs is kinda dull though, at this point of the story seeing the umpteenth human gang be defeated/disbanded/killed off by the Foot has gotten stale. I mean this feels like the 6th or 7th time this has happened now. Remember The Savate, the Ghost Boys, the ones in the Karai mini, The Street Phantoms?

I also think Rat King has no real grand plan other than to cause constant mischief and chaos, which is fine I suppose. Kitsune is the driving force of the Patheon. I also think Leo realizes he can just trap them somewhere like they did to Chi-You way back in the first Ghostbusters mini.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:00 PM   #19
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The side stuff with the gangs is kinda dull though, at this point of the story seeing the umpteenth human gang be defeated/disbanded/killed off by the Foot has gotten stale. I mean this feels like the 6th or 7th time this has happened now. Remember The Savate, the Ghost Boys, the ones in the Karai mini, The Street Phantoms?
I dunno, I like Lupo and think the story could do with the Mafia as a bigger presence in the underworld. Maybe not up to par with the Foot, but just enough to provide a credible street-level threat when necessary. And his summary of recent events was hilarious, it really drove home how ingrained the weirdness has become and how ordinary humans (there's few stock bad guys as ordinary as the Italian Mafia) view the mutants, aliens and freaks in their midst. That sort of perspective is only likely to get ramped up now that Mayor Stockman is about to become a thing.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:03 AM   #20
funatic
Mad Scientist

Oh man(moth), that aside with Raph at the caves really got me hyped. Can’t wait for him to go rogue down the line, or wolverine rather.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote