The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-26-2018, 09:44 AM   #221
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I don't know why I didn't notice this before, but does anyone else notice the Venom trailer uses virtually the EXACT same music as one of the "Infinity War" trailers? It's like the same damn piece.

#desperation
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:09 AM   #222
CyberCubed
Overlord

If this movie is a success then this Venom will likely be involved in the MCU in some form. We're not going to get another Venom after this anytime soon.

You'll see Tom Hardy's Venom in a main Spiderman movie eventually. There's also a rumor that Tom Holland's Spiderman gets a small scene in this, so who knows.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:17 AM   #223
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If this movie is a success then this Venom will likely be involved in the MCU in some form. We're not going to get another Venom after this anytime soon.
Both of that is true. It'll either be a hit, then Sony Venom will be quietly eased into the MCU proper... or it won't be a hit, and Sony Venom will be left alone to "cool" for a while before Marvel makes their own Venom.

Quote:
You'll see Tom Hardy's Venom in a main Spiderman movie eventually.
Technically there's nothing stopping Sony from putting/forcing Venom into Spider-Man: Homecoming 2. I don't think that will happen, though, unless Venom is a huge hit.

Quote:
There's also a rumor that Tom Holland's Spiderman gets a small scene in this, so who knows.
After watching the trailer I don't think that's going to happen anymore.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:18 AM   #224
CyberCubed
Overlord

If it is a cameo it might be something minor like Batman's was in Suicide Squad.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:10 PM   #225
sdp
-

Weird how we don't really know if these movies will eventually be in continuity or not but I guess time will tell. I'd love to see a proper Venom as the villain and i hope in this movie he really is an anti-hero.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:12 PM   #226
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Weird how we don't really know if these movies will eventually be in continuity or not but I guess time will tell.
Money will tell.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:21 PM   #227
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
If a black man or a woman had been Eddie Brock, Plastron would be all over it and we all know it.
You're not wrong!
I mean, I'm not a huge fan of King's the Gunslinger, but I totally went to see that movie because of Idris Elba.
...oh wait, no, I haven't seen that movie.

Oh, I wasn't invested in the Fantastic Four, but I totally went to see that reboot with Michael B. Jordan.
Except, no I didn't see that one either.

Then there was Halle Barry as Catwoman! That I was totally...yeah, no. I'm not even going to attempt the necessary cynicism to make a play at that one.
I guess that means you are wrong.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:44 PM   #228
CyberCubed
Overlord

I imagine Marvel wouldn't be too happy with alternate versions of the same characters in the movies these days. Like they're going to reboot Fantastic Four and probably eventually X-men, but to have a Venom or other Spiderman characters getting spinoff movies while the current Spiderman is part of the MCU and has his own movies...it's going to feel really weird. Then if they introduce another Venom the casual audience will be confused, why are there TWO Venom's, etc?

So...I imagine we'll either never see a Venom in the mainline Spiderman movies, or eventually this one.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:52 PM   #229
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Might be the cost of doing business. i.e., Sony to Marvel: "How bad do you want to keep using Spider-Man in your movies? You better play ball and utilize Venom, too!"
Old 04-26-2018, 02:07 PM   #230
Allio
Foot Elite

I probably already posted this, but this is still relevant

Old 04-26-2018, 02:18 PM   #231
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
If you think Marvel would "let" this happen, you're fooling yourself. They don't have any control of this. If they had any say, this would never happen at all.

Only thing I'm wondering is if Sony will make the most of this and go hard-R with "Venom." Like Fox (for now) with Deadpool and Logan, they're outside the Marvel umbrella so they can do whatever they want.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:08 PM   #232
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
If you think Marvel would "let" this happen, you're fooling yourself. They don't have any control of this. If they had any say, this would never happen at all.

Only thing I'm wondering is if Sony will make the most of this and go hard-R with "Venom." Like Fox (for now) with Deadpool and Logan, they're outside the Marvel umbrella so they can do whatever they want.
Yeah, Marvel ain't steering this car.

Really, I think Feige and Marvel and the Russo Bros should've held out and not used Spiderman in Civil War. Just wait until they get FULL RIGHTS back, and not share with greedy, stupid, shortsighted Sony.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:22 AM   #233
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/venom...sequel-a160892

Yeah, seems like Harrelson will be Carnage. And just in a tiny capacity to tease the fans, like Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 did about, "Make this successful, we'll give you the SINISTER SIX!!"
Old 05-26-2018, 01:29 AM   #234
CyberCubed
Overlord

I still wonder if this will wind up being part of the MCU. We're not going to have two different versions of Venom running around in movies at the same time confusing audiences.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:41 AM   #235
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I still wonder if this will wind up being part of the MCU. We're not going to have two different versions of Venom running around in movies at the same time confusing audiences.
It's kind of like a paradox to contemplate. On the one hand, Sony could easily try and force or leverage Spider-Man at Disney with "You need to use our Venom and make it part of your MCU!" but if they did... you would think Kevin Feige and such would want to be more hands-on about it for reasons of mutual benefit. On the other... it's weird that the possibility is still there that whether Venom fails or succeeds... Disney can just make its own Venom in the MCU as long as Sony is OK with that. And then there's still the reports of Tom Holland being seen on set as Peter Parker...

Shesus, I have no idea.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:13 PM   #236
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I'd hate to see the MCU falter like that. We don't need Venom (or at least this version of Venom) in the MCU any time soon unless they do it right and have black suit Tom Holland Spider-Man first.

You guys seem to forget Spider-Man has tons more villains. Homecoming 2 possibly having Mysterio and Keaton returning as Vulture already sounds more bad-ass then them trying to cram a non MCU Venom into it.

The Tom Holland cameo in this movie won't work. What are they gonna do? have black suit Spider-Man swinging around and say 'oh, that happened in another movie you'll never get to see'. At most Tom's cameo makes more sense as a Stan Lee cameo.

Honestly woulda made more sense to have Andrew come back if they desperately need a Spider-Man cameo, cause this version of Venom doesn't fit with the MCU.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:30 PM   #237
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I have a feeling Tom Holland appearing in Venom is completely bogus.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:33 PM   #238
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
I have a feeling Tom Holland appearing in Venom is completely bogus.
Or maybe he really did just stop by to visit the set.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:17 AM   #239
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Or maybe he really did just stop by to visit the set.
Maybe he'll just cameo as himself and not Spider-Man

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 07:35 AM   #240
AquaParade
Banned

I’m definitely not betting on seeing Tom Holland’s Peter Parker in this.

John Schnepp at Collider Videos essentially started the rumor that it was definitely happening. He’s a great enthusiast for comics, a funny guy, but a little bull-headed when it comes to industry rumors/gossip.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i love pg-13, sony lucks out