Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-17-2020, 12:02 PM   #1
Vicky82
Emperor

Rise Official Episode Discussion S2 EP 10a/10b & 11

New episodes tonight

10a - Fists of Furry
April and the Turtles must help Splinter save his chain of dojos from being taken over by an evil rival.

10b - The Clothes Don't Make The Turtle
Hypno-Potamus traps the Turtles in a magical 80′s movie montage.

11 - Battle Nexus: New York
Big Mama turns New York City into her new Battle Nexus arena and the TMNT have to fight to save everyone they love.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 07:14 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hmm... another martial artist Bradford? (And probably a coincidence but I swear there were certain words spoken by that character that oddly enough kind of sounded like 2012's Rat King...) Tiger Claw as a martial arts move... clever, if a little stale this late in the game.

I admit, the Turtle outfit montage was kind of fun... other than that the ep was eh.

Battle Nexus ep was okay, not quite as forward moving in the so-called arc as I'd hoped and even being the half hour it feels kind of rushed, only to in the end revel the return of Shredder, who I'd hoped was going to play more of a role in this one, not just turn up late in it.

Foot Recruit still not having a name is getting kinda old. Esp now if she intends on taking over the Foot Clan and controlling this mindless Shredder. Maybe we'll finally find out next, er...in several months...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 03:09 PM   #3
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

HAHAHAH i beat the turtles again!
Old 07-18-2020, 03:42 PM   #4
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
HAHAHAH i beat the turtles again!
yeah, but now you're being controlled by her

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 05:05 PM   #5
Sonic777
Mad Scientist

Spoiler:
To be honest, I enjoyed the second episode more then the first. The Battle Nexus in New York. I've actually been enjoying Draxum more as a good guy then as the main villain. He's still bitter and angry but he's slowly overcoming his bad guy shtick. I like how he's more so integrating himself into the TMNT gang.

I think my favorite line in the episode had to be Draxum saying "Who even likes Foot Recruit?" despite FR taking the Shredder by the end of the episode.

Nice to see the Turtles interact with some of the past villains as well.

I'm starting to notice a lot more the theme of redemption lately in this season. Draxum being a good guy. Splinter talking with FR about how the Foot Clan is bad for her in a previous episode. And now Splinter trying to save Big Mama from the rampaging Shredder since he still thinks there some good left in her. Guess will have to see what becomes of Big Mama and what the Foot Clan plan to do now that they have Shredder back.
Old 07-18-2020, 10:08 PM   #6
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

10a - Fists of Furry
Pretty good episode, if there is one thing that is constantly good when it comes to this franchise its that the relationship between April and Splinter has always been top notch and this series while different is not exception, April and Splinter's personalites really play off with each other in this episode and I loved the running gag with the Viper strike. One downside is that I'm kinda sad that Kristoff wasn't played by Clancy Brown but what can you do.

10b - The Clothes Don't Make The Turtle

Yeah this is pretty fun, non human characters dressing up in human clothing is always aesthetic to me and seeing the turtles wear everything from formal to urban was pretty good. If the episode was just that I would've been fine but Warren bumps this up because he the latter half turning into a Mad Mod episode from Teen Titans just sold to me that this is one of the best "fun" episode. Also I have to enjoy this episode because of the Jojo reference.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

11 - Battle Nexus: New York

HOLY CRAP THIS EPISODE

I love EVERYTHING about this episode from the beautifully shot scenes from the start to the turtles teaming up with their enemies to fight the Battle Nexus champions to everyone fighting Shadowy figure and is shows fight scenes that could give Avatar TLA and Legend of Korra a run for their money and the best part it's only 30 min yeah I when watching this episode I mistook it for an hour special but its only 30 mins. That shows you how well the pacing of this show if you throw THAT much plot into 30 min without it being rushed. If someone was making "The Best Episodes of TMNT" this episode would be high on the list because my god it's that good.

Also anyone else think that Baron Draxum kinda looks like Yujiro from Baki the Grappler.

Last edited by PApagreg; 07-18-2020 at 10:40 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 09:55 AM   #7
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

I liked the ending, I hope it leads to something for Leo since they are the ones who would often clash.

I'll be honest, I was dissapointed that the turtles leaned on Splinter again. I was hoping the last time they faced Shredder it helped them grow and work without Splinter.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:16 AM   #8
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
I'll be honest, I was dissapointed that the turtles leaned on Splinter again. I was hoping the last time they faced Shredder it helped them grow and work without Splinter.
What do you mean "lean", Splinter barely did anything in the fight against Shredder except save Draxum and get punted by Shredder. In fact this is probably the only iteration I can think of where Splinter doesn't do much in the fight against Shredder.

Also anyone else think Baron Draxum kinda looks like Yujiro from Baki the Grappler.

Old 07-20-2020, 11:25 AM   #9
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

What do you mean? Splinter used Leo's weapon and got them all out safe and sound. I felt the turtles should have been the ones who could escape without Splinter's help, I mean we saw what Leo could do with the thing.
Old 07-20-2020, 11:40 AM   #10
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
What do you mean? Splinter used Leo's weapon and got them all out safe and sound. I felt the turtles should have been the ones who could escape without Splinter's help, I mean we saw what Leo could do with the thing.
1. Splinter was closer to the weapon

2. Leo almost single handily stopped captured Shredder without Splinter's help so where is this "leaned on him again" coming from?

3. Splinter saving his sons is pretty much a staple of this series at this point and has happened in numerous of series including 12.
Old 07-20-2020, 11:47 AM   #11
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

This staple of Splinter saving his sons in my opinion needs to stop. Isn't this show supposed to be about the turtles growing into the original counterparts? Leo becoming the leader we knew and loved eventually. Raph being second in command sort of. Splinter being here to bail them out in this series is hindering that. In the 2012 and 2003 series Splinter knew Leo could handle the situation so he'd step back.
Old 07-20-2020, 04:27 PM   #12
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
This staple of Splinter saving his sons in my opinion needs to stop.
This is literally the only time it happened

Quote:
Isn't this show supposed to be about the turtles growing into the original counterparts? Leo becoming the leader we knew and loved eventually. Raph being second in command sort of. Splinter being here to bail them out in this series is hindering that. In the 2012 and 2003 series Splinter knew Leo could handle the situation so he'd step back.
2k3 and 2k12 Splinter(especially 03) still saved their sons while Leo was leading so I don't understand it being a hindrance, I know you are obsessed with Leonardo being the leader but saying a father protecting his sons life is hindering their abilities is disingenuous especially when other iterations done it numerous of times
Old 07-21-2020, 07:45 AM   #13
Torterra
Foot Soldier

The animation for the episode was amazing especially during the fight with Shredder. My favorite scene is definitely when Splinter trips Daxum to dodge Shredder's attack and all the buildings around them were cut in half. Dude it still blows my mind that people still say this incarnation suck.
Torterra is offline   Reply With Quote