The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-25-2020, 02:27 PM   #81
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
^^^ The Leo/Karai thing always bugged me. It's nothing more than a way to relate the 2 to each other. 2 ninja, highly trained and each very disciplined. Let's create an implied/possible flirtation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Ahhhhhhh, that's a crock'a sh*t. The "too disciplined for romance" thing is, again, something people who can't get laid espouse. "I don't think about sex, I'm too busy working out." I known guys like that. Never lasts. When they can finally get some, that "discipline" of theirs falls by the wayside. Seen it a million times. P*ssy Trumps Everything Else, mang.

Especially if it's later on in the story, after Shredder's done away with and things have "calmed down" in their lives. The guy's just gonna live in the gym doing push-ups and polishing his swords forever until the day he dies? Naaaaaaaaaaaah, no way, man. Nobody acts like that on purpose. Everyone yearns for connection, and Hormones aren't something you just turn off.

Leo might be a Supreme Warrior Badass, but he'd definitely want some P. He just don't think he's gonna get any so he doesn't make it a priority, that's all. If it came up? Game On. Dude ain't a robot.

Leo: While you were out building fruitful relationships and finding love in the warm embrace of a woman....

I Studied the Blade...

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 02:39 PM   #82
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Me: Immediately looks for a larger image to see if the sword looks like a cheap wall hanger.

Because of course I would... lol

Anyway.
Big explosion via sword, must be 1987 version.

Before Lotus gave him more to think about.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 02:49 PM   #83
Leo656
The Franchise

Ain't it weird how he typically seems to get paired up with problem cases?

They've each got a "type". Raph is a furry, Leo's one'a them guys who tries "Saving Strippers". At least there's consistency!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 03:21 PM   #84
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Just a fault of his nature, wanting too hard to believe there is good in everyone. Too big of a heart, hoping enemies he thinks still have a chance (such as Karai) are capable of turning it around and choosing another path, even though they probably won't.

I mean, it's not a bad fault to have, it's just not too realistic. Esp if he's too focused and doesn't step back to consider the bigger picture.
Old 07-25-2020, 03:28 PM   #85
Leo656
The Franchise

We seem to think along the same wavelength often. That's rad.

I plan to one day send you a book's worth of "stuff" that I think you're gonna have, just, an awesome time with, based on insights like this.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 03:43 PM   #86
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sounds good.

Oh and Raph... Just recalled his short thing he had for Joi (2003), so I guess he technically does have one human. Even if the fluffy canine women seem more common with him. Wouldn't have minded seeing a little expanded on with Joi, even if it was kept a low key thing they never ended up acting on.
Old 07-27-2020, 11:32 AM   #87
Torterra
Foot Soldier

Some ideas for romances for turtles I had if I were to create a series was going to be something like this:

Michelangelo: I was thinking a Neutrino since it's been shown in many incarnations that Mikey has always some attraction to a girl neutrino.

Donatello: Mona Lisa, IDW comics showed me that a relationship between those two could actually work. Both are pretty smart in their own way and I could see if Donatello was going to be in a relationship with someone he would probably want a person just as smart as himself.

Raphael: Either reintroduce Ninjara or go for Alopex

Leonardo: Either I was going to go for Lotus Blossom or possibly Karai. But my friend gave me an idea that would be interesting and she said what if Leo's love interest could be Koya. I'll have to work on the story for that but I think that could be an interesting thing.
Torterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 12:53 PM   #88
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Something in the a similar vein as FW Mikey and Kala (the Neutrino) would be cute. Always kind of liked that they had thing, though just wasn't ever going to work out given the dimensional divide and all. Would be cool to see a version where it does work out.

Koya is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too left field for me and far beyond what he's always gone for in the last 36 years, enough to feel out of character. To each their own, if that is a cool idea to some people, hey, they should definitely have fun and go explore it. But for me... no thank you.

Personally, I'd just like to seem him progress past wanting to "save" the human bad girl and crush on one that's already on his side. (Just good god, not in the 2012 Donnie kind of way.) Not that he was ever really into Karai like that until 2012 went for it (then still created a new impossible obstacle). Anything else was just read into by the viewers, so until then Lotus was really his only "bad girl" crush I think.
Old 07-27-2020, 11:18 PM   #89
Torterra
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Something in the a similar vein as FW Mikey and Kala (the Neutrino) would be cute. Always kind of liked that they had thing, though just wasn't ever going to work out given the dimensional divide and all. Would be cool to see a version where it does work out.

Koya is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too left field for me and far beyond what he's always gone for in the last 36 years, enough to feel out of character. To each their own, if that is a cool idea to some people, hey, they should definitely have fun and go explore it. But for me... no thank you.

Personally, I'd just like to seem him progress past wanting to "save" the human bad girl and crush on one that's already on his side. (Just good god, not in the 2012 Donnie kind of way.) Not that he was ever really into Karai like that until 2012 went for it (then still created a new impossible obstacle). Anything else was just read into by the viewers, so until then Lotus was really his only "bad girl" crush I think.
Yeah the Koya thing is kind of a "Really?" idea I mean give it to the the right person I think it could work she told me that it would start out something similar to Leo and Dark Leo interaction from Fast Forward. Where she hostile to Leonardo but Leo teaches her self control and guidance and they sort of form a respect to each other as warriors her words not mine.

But for me I would bring back Lotus and change it up so that maybe she's a member of the Hamato clan like the daughter of a good friend of Yoshi's who came to NY to find him. Cause maybe the foot clan kill him and she wants revenge and needed the help of Splinter and turtles to do it. But Leo and Splinter try to talk her out and a relationship forms between leo and her.
Old 07-31-2020, 04:08 PM   #90
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

TMNT , Bond or MotU , its mostly about the action......doesnt mean it cant happen now and then though
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 01:08 AM   #91
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Doesn't Koya already bang a shark? I don't want turtles going after taken females. This isn't a soap opera lol.

But to be honest...PizzaPower kind of has a point? A friend of mine takes offense at Leo656 taking a shot at the too disciplined for romance trope. It happened all the time in history, many of the major philosophers were super autist virgins. And if you can concede to the existence of martial artists monks, or spiritual martial artists, you can easily work with that trope

Fictional characters like Sherlock Holmes would count as a super autist virgin that is considered very attractive in today's and yesturday's culture. Might be the first character to start this trope. And its not like Sherlock failed at attracting females. He just wasn't interested Of course now people say thats because he was teh ghey but that is neither here nor there. And also not true.

So I'll give PizzaPower that. The "I'm too focused in perfecting my skills for sex" trope is valid.

I just disagree with it because its no fun whatsoever.

^^^^

Last edited by Dejablue; 08-01-2020 at 01:30 AM.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:27 AM   #92
newfan
Mad Scientist

While the discipline/focus/training is a strong part of Leo, there is more to him than soley and only that. He might not be looking for these things but that shouldn't have to mean that he feels nothing when it crosses his path, or even attractions aside, would he like nothing else in the little downtime he has?

Edit: Anyway, way back in Mirage Leo was shown to have a love interest (or relationship?, not got to that part yet) so it is in his character, just the degree of how much of this he experiences is something else.

Last edited by newfan; 08-01-2020 at 03:50 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 01:02 PM   #93
Torterra
Foot Soldier

Wait didn't Leo in a alternate reality in a miniseries from the Mirage version didn't he get married and had a daughter with a human woman? This is what I'm talking about:

https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/...o:_Blind_Sight
Old 08-01-2020, 05:00 PM   #94
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

I think that was part of his vision quest so it was more like a dream than alternate reality?

^^^^
Old 02-21-2021, 02:15 AM   #95
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

So someone in here said Leo would date Koya. And now given current events in the comic. I have to laugh in hindsight.

^^^^
Old 02-21-2021, 09:53 AM   #96
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That immediately came to my mind as well and started wondering if only coincidence or not... Hmm.

Still, I don't care where it's been suggested now... good god no. lol
Old 02-21-2021, 03:29 PM   #97
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

I mean Campbell do be lurkin lol.

^^^^
Old 02-21-2021, 09:54 PM   #98
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
Doesn't Koya already bang a shark?
She considers him to be her brother so....no.

I only care about one relationship in this whole franchise, built out of nothing and a single panel. And I don't even care if it ends up how I think it's been since 2018.

YOU ALL KNOW. I may have gone down the Zimvoid, but this still burns within me.

Shipping the turtles has always rubbed me the wrong way, from any and all directions. April and Casey was always a little bit more interesting to explore, but I just tend to gravitate toward romances that are already in progress. Being pulled and teased around is obnoxious and wastes a lot of time for me.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:37 PM   #99
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Thanks for clarifying. I was completely wrong about Koya and Bludgeon's relationship.

I don't like teasing romances that drag things out unnecessarily. Alternatively I do love a good slow burn. That's different. The only reason I don't outwardly hope for canon romance for the turtles is because the creators keep saying they hate it, and because the written quality of romance with the main characters has always been either controversial or a disaster. Especially in the cartoons.

There is always fanfiction. And maybe one day a writer who knows how to write fuzzy feelings good may come around, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by Dejablue; 02-21-2021 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-22-2021, 05:35 AM   #100
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Bit late to this party but here's my findings about Romance in the TMNT taking the 2012 series.

Leo and Karai

I liked how their coupling wasn't one of "We have to give Leo a girlfriend just because..." From the way the two first met and their first few playful flirt fights and their clash over their respective clans, Heck, even when they were full blown enemies, she always called him "Leo" whereas she always used the full names when dealing with the other turtles in addition, they always behaved like a married couple. It also took the two of them the full duration of the series until they were at a stage where they could openly show affection.

Raph and Mona Lisa

VERY different from Leo and Karai, this one was a "We have to give Raph a girlfriend just because." They kissed in the episode in which she first appeared. It was very much a rush-job. But what I DO love about them is how they reversed the roles as Raph is pretty much the girl in their relationship.