The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Collection Photos

Notices

Old 01-07-2017, 08:48 AM   #1
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Beautiful pieces, bud. I really love the detail Eric puts into his pieces. I need to keep a better eye on his Etsy store. Are you going to display them somehow? Being on the inside back cover of a comic might make it difficult.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:16 PM   #2
BlueBandana
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
Beautiful pieces, bud. I really love the detail Eric puts into his pieces. I need to keep a better eye on his Etsy store. Are you going to display them somehow? Being on the inside back cover of a comic might make it difficult.
Thanks for the kind words dude, you should check out Eric's Etsy for sure! I hadn't thought about displaying these pieces before because they were done on the back covers, but it's a testament to how good they look that makes me wanna figure out a way to do that now that you mentioned it
BlueBandana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 02:54 PM   #3
Rewdog
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBandana View Post
Thanks for the kind words dude, you should check out Eric's Etsy for sure! I hadn't thought about displaying these pieces before because they were done on the back covers, but it's a testament to how good they look that makes me wanna figure out a way to do that now that you mentioned it
How are you thinking of displaying these? I was looking at getting one myself but the only thing I could think was a double sided frame with the comic book open so you can display the signed cover one side and the sketch on the other but not sure if it would work.
Rewdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:18 PM   #4
BlueBandana
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewdog View Post
How are you thinking of displaying these? I was looking at getting one myself but the only thing I could think was a double sided frame with the comic book open so you can display the signed cover one side and the sketch on the other but not sure if it would work.
That's exactly what I was thinking of doing, although it's a little more complicated in this instance since these particular sketches are horizontal and the cover of the book going into the frame would be vertical

On the other hand, I've just bought a non-TMNT grail that came already matted and framed, so I might just hang that on the wall instead, and I can keep the 2 TMNT sketches in my longbox, heh. Here's a photo of my new grail, finally I own something by JSC!

Last edited by BlueBandana; 12-24-2019 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:49 PM   #5
eastlos217
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBandana View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking of doing, although it's a little more complicated in this instance since these particular sketches are horizontal and the cover of the book going into the frame would be vertical

On the other hand, I've just bought a non-TMNT grail that came already matted and framed, so I might just hang that on the wall instead, and I can keep the 2 TMNT sketches in my longbox, heh. Here's a photo of my new grail, finally I own something by JSC!

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/...psthddp1xk.jpg
lol you out bid me in the last minute
eastlos217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:07 AM   #6
BlueBandana
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastlos217 View Post
lol you out bid me in the last minute
Sorry about that, I lost out the previous time it went up for auction from the seller based in Germany, so I wasn't going to let it slip through my fingers a second time!

Also, here's a Dark Leo I got from Sophie

staticflickr.com/65535/48485139627_d5b5f5b951_z.jpg/IMG

Last edited by BlueBandana; 09-27-2023 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:26 PM   #7
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
i really love how Sophie draws the ties of the masks!

though my favorite is when they are long and flowing.