Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 12:55 AM   #1061
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Out of all the turtles, Im most curious as to what Mikey will be like in this show.

Nick Michelangalo was already very young and child like so I cant imagine him becoming any younger.
I took it to mean the show over all but I have wondered myself about the 'younger feel' and magical powers.
Speaking of Mikey being the baby of the bunch, do you think that's why they've had him be the hero a bit in season 5? You know, to show his capabilities.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:16 AM   #1062
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I think so because his brothers see him as a baby when there's really more to him than that and I like how he's had his moments throughout the series to show he's not incompetent and stupid.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:40 AM   #1063
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Great for Mikey but too bad they can't have Raph doing anything else rather than being angry and sucking face with Mona. Hopefully they won't be gross exaggerations of themselves in the new show but since it's supposed to be more goofy, I imagine it to be much worse.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:39 AM   #1064
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I think so because his brothers see him as a baby when there's really more to him than that and I like how he's had his moments throughout the series to show he's not incompetent and stupid.
That's my biggest issue with TMNT writing. I prefer my Michelangelo's humor to be written more like a witty, observant Peter Parker and not a dumb, absent minded Peter Griffin.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:00 AM   #1065
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
That's my biggest issue with TMNT writing. I prefer my Michelangelo's humor to be written more like a witty, observant Peter Parker and not a dumb, absent minded Peter Griffin.
LOL .. Pete Griffin's being bit harsh

Quote:
Great for Mikey but too bad they can't have Raph doing anything else rather than being angry and sucking face with Mona. Hopefully they won't be gross exaggerations of themselves in the new show but since it's supposed to be more goofy, I imagine it to be much worse.
Hopefully they'll all get their turn at coming out on top, it may just be a bit squashed into the end of the season. I'd like to think that the final arc will give all four give a good contribution.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:06 AM   #1066
Vicky82
Emperor

Season 5 is Mikey's best season, he's definitely matured a lot since Splinters death. He had great fight scenes and had some surprising moments (killed 3 samurai Solders in Yojimbo, Jumped off a moving train in Heart of Evil, Saved the world in the Kavaxas arc and in Worlds Collide) and had a lot of injuries and a near death and a serious death in Jei's bad dream. It also seems to me that he and Leo have gotten real close too.

Season 4 felt like he was a background character and he only had 2 episodes that were focused on him but he did have a few good moments.

Season 3 felt they missed a lot of opportunities with him like they should have given him a serious bad dream in Dream Beavers and a serious trap in The Fourfold Trap and that the other Turtles should of trusted him more. But he did have some good moments

Season 2 was great season for him, he matured a bit from season 1 and had some good episodes (Wrath of Tiger Claw, Into Dimension X ect). His best moment had to be in The Invasion when he had to calm Raph down. He had a few injuries as well.

Season 1 as expected he started out as goofy and had some issues (wasn't listening, making a few mistakes ect)

Old 09-04-2017, 09:47 AM   #1067
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Season 5 is Mikey's best season, he's definitely matured a lot since Splinters death. He had great fight scenes and had some surprising moments (killed 3 samurai Solders in Yojimbo, Jumped off a moving train in Heart of Evil, Saved the world in the Kavaxas arc and in Worlds Collide) and had a lot of injuries and a near death and a serious death in Jei's bad dream. It also seems to me that he and Leo have gotten real close too.

Season 4 felt like he was a background character and he only had 2 episodes that were focused on him but he did have a few good moments.

Season 3 felt they missed a lot of opportunities with him like they should have given him a serious bad dream in Dream Beavers and a serious trap in The Fourfold Trap and that the other Turtles should of trusted him more. But he did have some good moments

Season 2 was great season for him, he matured a bit from season 1 and had some good episodes (Wrath of Tiger Claw, Into Dimension X ect). His best moment had to be in The Invasion when he had to calm Raph down. He had a few injuries as well.

Season 1 as expected he started out as goofy and had some issues (wasn't listening, making a few mistakes ect)
That's the problem, they make him so stupid, it almost ruins his more serious and touching moments. Yes, he is the heart of the team, but if he's such a dumbass any other moment, it kinda dampens the effect.

Like when Mike calmed Raph down when he was having a panic attack, it woulda come off better if he wasn't such an idiot any other time. Oh look, the team idiot is calming down the team hothead. Ugh...

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 09-04-2017, 10:03 AM   #1068
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
That's the problem, they make him so stupid, it almost ruins his more serious and touching moments. Yes, he is the heart of the team, but if he's such a dumbass any other moment, it kinda dampens the effect.

Like when Mike calmed Raph down when he was having a panic attack, it woulda come off better if he wasn't such an idiot any other time. Oh look, the team idiot is calming down the team hothead. Ugh...
I disagree with that because they were balancing him out, by him having some serious moments for us adults and then have some silly moments for the younger kids.

My 6 year old Nephew who only started watching this show a few months ago, enjoyed the moments that Mikey did that were silly but us adults didn't enjoy. So I can understand why Nickelodeon had to make Mikey silly in some episodes because they had to think about the younger kids

Last edited by Vicky82; 09-04-2017 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:14 AM   #1069
snake
Disgusting

Nick Mikey is just inconsistant. There was no depth to his character besides jokes and the occassional show of emotion (hugging Raph), which would always be followed by another ill-placed joke. Nick Casey is the same way. Annoying, annoying characters.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:05 PM   #1070
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Great for Mikey but too bad they can't have Raph doing anything else rather than being angry se.
They did the same thing in the 2k3 series after the first season. The Turtles will never move on from their personality stereotypes.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:05 PM   #1071
JH24
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Nick Mikey is just inconsistant. There was no depth to his character besides jokes and the occassional show of emotion (hugging Raph), which would always be followed by another ill-placed joke. Nick Casey is the same way. Annoying, annoying characters.

I understand what you mean. During the first two seasons I just couldn't, and I really wanted to, get into his character. He had his moments, but it felt they were trying too hard to make him funny. They also made him way too hyperactive.

Mikey is fun when he's allowed to be himself, and when the writers don't force countless jokes on him. In later seasons his character began to grow on me, and has matured in season 5 since Splinter's death. I really enjoy his character now.

Casey on the other hand.... So much wasted potential. He's still the same kind of character since his introduction. They didn't even bother to put him in the season 5 intro. (Unless I missed it) Even Casey from the 2k3 series developed and became more mature during the later seasons.

Last edited by JH24; 09-04-2017 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:15 PM   #1072
Vegita-San
Emperor

they made mikey mentally ill in this new show. and only when people complained did they slowly start to change him a little. he's not quite the mikey that they started out with in season 1.

Same with Donatello. This was the first version I HATED donatello in, because he was such an asshole. he also did not appear to be anywhere near as bright as the others.

but, dumbing down of things is a trend world over sadly. i don't expect it to get better
Old 09-04-2017, 01:30 PM   #1073
snake
Disgusting

It might just be Paulson, but I loved Nick's Donnie. A huge improvement over bland Donatello from past incarnations.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:52 PM   #1074
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Same with Donatello. This was the first version I HATED donatello in, because he was such an asshole. he also did not appear to be anywhere near as bright as the others.
LOL, what? Donatello was great in this show, outside of the scenes he was stalking April, and he was shown to be highly intelligent and entertaining.

He was the perfect mix of a nerdy/geeky guy.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:57 PM   #1075
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Not to mention their was a focus on Donnies angry side which I liked. He is easily the angriest in the group after Raphael.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:59 PM   #1076
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I didn't see the scene in that way as Mikey is also the loving one, I saw it from that side of him rather than the goofy one.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:11 PM   #1077
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Not to mention their was a focus on Donnies angry side which I liked. He is easily the angriest in the group after Raphael.
I see Donnie more as a Stress head than angry He does a lot of stress yelling... but yes it still boils down to patience, or lack of ..

Edit: Of course, I do remember Heart of Evil, that was anger

Last edited by newfan; 09-04-2017 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:12 PM   #1078
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
they made mikey mentally ill in this new show. and only when people complained did they slowly start to change him a little. he's not quite the mikey that they started out with in season 1.
I hated Mike in Nick's show. I kind of disliked him in 2k3 series, but he was sometimes genuinely funny and tolerable to a point. In Nick - he was insufferable idiot, to the point, where he came of as a mentally ill kid, who had no business in being ninja.

It's my impressions form the first 2 seasons and first part of the season 3. I haven't watched anything after that, because, I was rather disappointed with a show, so maybe they made him less stupid.

In light of that, it's hard to imagine, how they can dumb him down any more than that.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:50 PM   #1079
CyberCubed
Overlord

I didn't find Nick's Mikey that dumb at all aside from a few scenes. And if you didn't watch the whole show then you missed many good moments.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:18 PM   #1080
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, Nick Mikey isn't that bad really and has had a lot of good moments.

As for Donnie, he only came off as a jerk when he was fighting with Casey over April and they toned that down a lot as the seasons went on.

Casey I saw as the worst because he was often portrayed as arrogant and never really had any depth to him. I think that's why a lot of people really wanted to see moments with him with his dad and little sister because it would have given him more depth as a character to see that side of him, but we never do and probably never will.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters