The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-15-2018, 03:25 PM   #1
ABrown
Banned

Finished Rewatching the Ninja Tribunal Season

In my rewatch of the 4Kids series, I just finished the Ninja Tribunal season. Here's just a few small thoughts that I have:
  • Watching the episodes in the correct order, immediately following season 4, I'm reminded how there's no excuse for the episodes not airing in the correct order. The 12 (should've been 13) Ninja Tribunal episodes should've aired in the Fall of 2006. At he turn of the new year, 2007 should've began the Fast Forward season. Most likely only the first 13 Fast Forward episodes would've aired in the Spring of 07. The final 13 Fast Forward episodes would've then aired in the Fall of 2007.

I realize that toys had a big influence over the airing dates. The TMNT CGI movie toys were going to be out in 2007, so that meant that the Fast Forward toys had to come out a year earlier. It's unfortunate that the Ninja Tribunal season ended up being what had to suffer. It's too bad that the CGI TMNT movie couldn't get pushed back to early 2008. That would've solved the problem. Fast Forward toys in 2007, and CGI TMNT movie toys in 2008. Who knows, maybe we would've even gotten some Ninja Tribunal toys in 2006. There was a huge opportunity for toys from that season: The Ninja Tribunal, the Demon Shredder, the Foot Mystics, the other four acolytes, the Ancient One.
  • The writers definitely implied in multiple episodes that Master Splinter knew all along that the Utrom Shredder was an Utrom. Though it creates a continuity error in the story, it doesn't make the show any less enjoyable for me.
  • That definitely was not Hun's normal voice actor. Though his regular voice actor did return for the Back To The Sewer season, and Turtles Forever. But this was definitely not him.
  • Something that I had been contemplating prior to rewatching these episodes was whether or not Yoshi's image was actually supposed to be Yoshi's spirit, or if he was just a symbol that the Turtles had created to represent the force that they had conjured. But after rewatching the episodes, I do believe that it was supposed to be Yoshi's spirit that the Turtles had conjured to defeat the Shredder. The Ninja Tribunal explaining that Yoshi's demise was all a part of the line of events that they weren't allowed to interfere with.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 03:57 PM   #2
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Although kind of gimmicky, I enjoyed this season. If memory serves, the season would have been shelved and never released, but Peter Laird paid out of his own pocket to complete the season. The network probably had no intention of airing them at first, but a couple years later when there were no new episodes, changed their mind in order to air "new" episodes.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:09 PM   #3
newfan
Mad Scientist

I've just finished watching this series, both my children and I very much enjoyed this season, I'm glad they allowed it to be finished and finally released rather than just skip to Fast Forward. I wouldn't want the TMNT having powers like that all the time nor a Shredder as powerful as that but for an arc it worked.
I was trying to figure the Yoshi part too, whether the powers were his Spirit.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:49 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

The whole series could have ended right here. The last ep of Ninja Tribunal is written like a series finale, probably because they didn't know it would continue yet. But then we got FF, BTTS and Turtles Forever to finish it up.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:17 PM   #5
Sumac
Banned

Very gimmicky season - it had reminded me about "Turtles guest starring in generic anime + Mortal Kombat". It certainly didn't feel like a Turtles story. But it was not bad for what it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The whole series could have ended right here. The last ep of Ninja Tribunal is written like a series finale, probably because they didn't know it would continue yet. But then we got FF, BTTS and Turtles Forever to finish it up.
At lest Turtles Forever were worth it.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:12 PM   #6
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

TMNT season 5> TMNT Forever
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:30 AM   #7
SaurusX
Random Punk

Season 5 is a much better season than Fast Forward or Back to the Sewer. Sumac mentioned a Mortal Kombat feel and I can totally get that. However, the bros have already been in outer space, other dimensions, beneath the earth, time traveled, etc, so it doesn't feel too out of place for me.
SaurusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:57 AM   #8
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

I really enjoyed the Shredder Tengu story in this season. And that moment with Splinter and Yoshi's spirit was one of my favorite scenes from the whole series...
Leonardo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 03:16 PM   #9
Teddygaming reviews
Hench Mutant

Well I noticed in episode 10 father and sons splinter tells the ancient one that's the utrom shared had kill his master. I then watched the tales of master yoshi and chrell was not shown and he did not appear In Yoshi death. Then in secret orings part 3 splinter was partly surprised. This could just be a mistake
Teddygaming reviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 09:17 PM   #10
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurusX View Post
Season 5 is a much better season than Fast Forward or Back to the Sewer. Sumac mentioned a Mortal Kombat feel and I can totally get that. However, the bros have already been in outer space, other dimensions, beneath the earth, time traveled, etc, so it doesn't feel too out of place for me.
For me, this season really felt more like a spin-off with Turtles being guest stars in their own show, rather than the main characters.
Dunno, why, maybe, because, it was so of the wall and similar to the other stuff.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:45 AM   #11
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurusX View Post
I would like an international storyarc. Some Archie issues could have been adopted.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:46 PM   #12
Teddygaming reviews
Hench Mutant

t the end of the season it felt a little like how to train your dragons
Teddygaming reviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:26 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
For me, this season really felt more like a spin-off with Turtles being guest stars in their own show, rather than the main characters.
Dunno, why, maybe, because, it was so of the wall and similar to the other stuff.
Well they were still the stars, the 4 humans who trained with them are "killed off" temporarily rather early, and their only role in the finale was to kill the Mystic Foot. The Turtles did everything else.

The 4kids run did have a mystic theme that went on throughout it's airing, so it's fitting it ended with the Turtles tapping into mystic and elemental powers. I do enjoy most of Fast Forward due to the villains, and the final season was just ok, so I'm glad it ran as long as it did.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:31 PM   #14
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Well they were still the stars, the 4 humans who trained with them are "killed off" temporarily rather early, and their only role in the finale was to kill the Mystic Foot. The Turtles did everything else.

The 4kids run did have a mystic theme that went on throughout it's airing, so it's fitting it ended with the Turtles tapping into mystic and elemental powers. I do enjoy most of Fast Forward due to the villains, and the final season was just ok, so I'm glad it ran as long as it did.
I know, you will justify anything about TMNT, so arguing with you is useless.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:01 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I know, you will justify anything about TMNT, so arguing with you is useless.
LOL, what? I wasn't even arguing, just making a comment. Saying what I liked about the seasons and why I liked them.

???
Old 11-22-2018, 12:00 AM   #16
newfan
Mad Scientist

How did people feel at the time about this season being ignored? I mean I guess they showed the last eps of season 4 before jumping to Fast Forward?
FF was likely my least favourite season.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:57 AM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah the Season 4 finale was the same. Season 5 just aired a year after Fast Forward did, so it was confusing but everyone knew a season was skipped for the moment so we expected it to air later.
Old 11-22-2018, 02:56 AM   #18
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yeah the Season 4 finale was the same. Season 5 just aired a year after Fast Forward did, so it was confusing but everyone knew a season was skipped for the moment so we expected it to air later.
Well, appropriately named then. Glad I got to watch it in order, I wouldn't have appreciated the story skip.

Last edited by newfan; 11-22-2018 at 04:05 AM.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:23 AM   #19
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
How did people feel at the time about this season being ignored? I mean I guess they showed the last eps of season 4 before jumping to Fast Forward?
FF was likely my least favourite season.
Oh, Season 5 getting skipped and going straight to Fast Forward was a HUGE deal. People were pissed all across the internet, no matter what site you were on at the time. I absolutely HATED the Fast Forward season at the time. But I've actually come to really enjoy it. My hate for it wasn't really because of what it was, it was because it replaced a critical chapter in the show's story.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:00 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's funny how it aired right after though. Then we got Back to the Sewers around...2008 I think it was? Then Turtles Forever in 2009.