The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-24-2018, 07:48 AM   #121
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Yeah ... I'm almost convinced the smaller scale Turtles is just a bonus addition to something else major planned.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:31 AM   #122
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Well #worldturtleday has come and gone like nothing more than just a fart in the wind.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:11 AM   #123
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

The VHS box is great-- love it. What's absolutely GENIUS is that it's sun faded and aged. Too cool!

I'm too lazy to look it up, but do the dimensions of the VHS box match roughly the dimensions of the NECA Arcade figures that came with the built-in diorama? Could be porting over the design.

I don't get any hate. Just don't buy if it's doesn't float your boat.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:19 AM   #124
eastlos217
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
Are you kidding? I say you should do what I'm planning to do. Leave the 1/4 scale versions on display as a centerpiece and then keep the little 7" ones off to the side to mess around with.

Only thing I'm curious about is how big these are going to be. Will they be closer to 7" tall since most of the actors that wore the Henson suits were around 5'7" to 5'9" or will they scale to closer to 5 1/2" tall like other past turtle figures?

thats a good idea. i was thinking of doing the same, displaying the 1/4 since they are eye catchers, and either storing or playing with the smaller once. plus, at that scale you only need one of the ikea shelfs to display. doesnt take much room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
This is pretty much how I feel. This doesn't do much for me. And it certainly isn't "game-changing" and "jaw-dropping." That kind of hyperbole, especially when talking about plastic toys, is pretty annoying.
i agree, i did wish it was something different. but im not totally bummed by it. i just wish it was more of a variety of characters or different styles.
i dont want it to be like S.H. figure line for dragon ball z where they have about 7 of the same character, just repainted.
eastlos217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:39 AM   #125
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
I don't get any hate. Just don't buy if it's doesn't float your boat.
I wouldn't call it hate - but when NECA is the only game in town for collectable TMNT figures, and they only put out a very few items each year, it's a downer when you see releases like this sometimes. Especially when no TMNT collector line has really grown.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:44 AM   #126
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

I know it is almost impossible, bit i wish neca can release 2k3 figs, at least the 4 turtles.
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:57 AM   #127
AquaParade
Banned

I love the 1990 movie products Neca are releasing. Still anxious to see the Shredder.

If they were to move on, I'd love to see other renditions of Mirage TMNT.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:06 PM   #128
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
O, it has nothing to do with money. If I want I can scalp these things. Don't let me laugh, serving people with smaller budgets?! Like you said yourself; they are only offering these because they can earn twice as much then. However, I'm seeing it as a disservice to the people who bought the bigger and more expensive figures.

I'm assuming it. Remember when Don came out? They only produced 3 figures more since then. They should have included the Trenchcoat, Hat and Baseball bat with Raph right off the start. And the spinning Nunchuck hand with Mike. And they haven't even sculpted a band aid on baby Raph's cheek in contrast with the promo pics. Instead of that they come with a stupid sticker. How cheap is that?! Especially after such a long time, I expected much more.

Shredder around Christmas? Pfff, I don't want to wait that long and be pleased with some cheap sops. If they released Shredder sooner they could have released Splinter/Casey around Christmas 2018 to keep the line more vital and to please the 1:4 scale buyers. The departure of Trevor is no excuse for such a big company and I think he is replaceable.

But you know due to this, I'm done with collecting for now. It's too frustrating and pointless in the end. Leave it for what it is and focus on more important things in life.
LOL@ this guy....

I gotta be honest here- you are kind of coming off like a whining 12 year old throwing a tantrum at the checkout line cause mommy wont buy you gum.

Harsh? Yes, but go back and reread all this in a month and tell me I'm wrong.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:23 PM   #129
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
LOL@ this guy....

I gotta be honest here- you are kind of coming off like a whining 12 year old throwing a tantrum at the checkout line cause mommy wont buy you gum.

It's a little hot-headed, but I think he's raising fair points. I'm not personally concerned, but the trench coat thing did feel kind of weak.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:33 PM   #130
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"Why won't the toymakers listen to me?!?!?!"
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:06 PM   #131
eastlos217
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
It's a little hot-headed, but I think he's raising fair points. I'm not personally concerned, but the trench coat thing did feel kind of weak.
i agree.

i mean, we are all torn apart on this without truly knowing what the item is hahha. but i can see it from both points of views.

yea it sucks that they cant further develop the line and give us the characters we want and need, but its also cool that they are making it in a possible smaller scale for those who have limited space and want to play and create a display with other figures and affordable dioramas.
eastlos217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:33 PM   #132
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior

If this is indeed 1990 7” figures, I’m going to be over the ****ing moon. Really glad I held off on getting the 12” ones. Fingers crossed they make a decent amount of them so folks have a better chance of getting one.
TMNT is cooler than MOTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:40 PM   #133
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

im still excited for the 1/4 figures even if they do a boxset, ill probably still get it. looking forward to it
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:42 PM   #134
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
LOL@ this guy....

This is just my opinion. Don't belittle me and compare me with a small child please. When you're living in the Netherlands it's certainly not easy and cheap to get all this stuff and my jaw hasn't dropped from this revelation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastlos217 View Post
i agree.

i mean, we are all torn apart on this without truly knowing what the item is hahha. but i can see it from both points of views.

yea it sucks that they cant further develop the line and give us the characters we want and need, but its also cool that they are making it in a possible smaller scale for those who have limited space and want to play and create a display with other figures and affordable dioramas.
Thanks guys. I'm sorry it was a bit heatedly (perhaps a bit like Raphael ). I love Neca but it's not limitless and I think they are going a bit in the wrong direction with this.
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:55 PM   #135
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
I'm seeing it as a disservice to the people who bought the bigger and more expensive figures.
I don't see the point here. It's a company, they sell stuff. Every company does that. They sell an item and then they release a different/better/cheaper version of the same product some time later. It's like this since the beginning of the modern era.
So, what if I buy a Ford car today and the next year Ford realeases a cheaper version of the same car? Should I feel hurt, angry? That's how life goes, buddy.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:00 PM   #136
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

What if the game changing are not the figures themselves but NECA being finally able to sell these figures at every retail store? Don't know about you guys but that would be "game changing" in the truer sense of the word to me
Old 05-24-2018, 04:05 PM   #137
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

I also don’t think these are the “game changer”. It’s awesome for those who want, but I’d agree these are pretty expected. I think NECA has a few things up their sleeve still.

Hopefully these will be available for sale outside the con like previous items, or else the tide will turn in this thread pretty quick toward NECA.

Bring on 1/4 Shredder, Foot, and Casey!
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:10 PM   #138
clockstomper
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
What if the game changing are not the figures themselves but NECA being finally able to sell these figures at every retail store?
That will never happen, not while Playmates is involved. So many other properties have seperate collectible lines for different age groups, but Playmates can't seem to grasp that. They see any TMNT products not made by them as a threat. I haven't picked up Playmates TMNT products in ten years. Before Nick, it was a pretty miserable state of affairs when it came to TMNT merchandise.

The other day at Target, I saw the deluxe large scale Jurassic Park T-Rex. It's priced for collectors. I also picked up the (cheap looking) figures from the kids line to go with it. These things can work together.
clockstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:37 PM   #139
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockstomper View Post
That will never happen, not while Playmates is involved. So many other properties have seperate collectible lines for different age groups, but Playmates can't seem to grasp that. They see any TMNT products not made by them as a threat. I haven't picked up Playmates TMNT products in ten years. Before Nick, it was a pretty miserable state of affairs when it came to TMNT merchandise.

The other day at Target, I saw the deluxe large scale Jurassic Park T-Rex. It's priced for collectors. I also picked up the (cheap looking) figures from the kids line to go with it. These things can work together.
As far as I'm aware the collector division of playmates is defunct. Has been for a couple of years now because they weren't making any money on the SOTO wave in the Classics line.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:54 PM   #140
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

But when is Neca give us more news? I thought they were going to do it for the World Turtle Day...