The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 08:38 PM   #141
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Roseangelo is a huge hypocrite when it comes to stuff like this (no offence).
Sorry, when have I ever gotten mad at someone because they didn't "share" something that is a simple click away from purchasing for myself?
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #142
dhennick99
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
And yes, sometimes life is hard and sometimes people don't share their toys. That's life, and life ain't fair.
I remember those that didn't share. Usually had no friends and wept in a corner curled in the fetal position during recess. Now I know what they grew up to be. Bitter
dhennick99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #143
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

No more personal attacks guys. Try and keep it civil.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #144
dhennick99
Mouser

I've maintained civility. That wasn't directed at anyone. Just a general observation.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #145
Ninja_Shoe_Repair
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhennick99 View Post
I remember those that didn't share. Usually had no friends and wept in a corner curled in the fetal position during recess. Now I know what they grew up to be. Bitter
gotta admit....that made me laugh.
Ninja_Shoe_Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:40 PM   #146
Leo656
The Franchise

GK: Remember when you got that cease and desist letter telling you not to be such a Sexy Beast? Threw that sh*t out right quick, you did.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:55 AM   #147
dontplaydead27
Thug

Well there's people saying "just buy it" and people who don't want to go through the extra hassle for something that will eventually be at our fingertips. The latter group will just have to have patience. I didn't think wanting to see this ending would spark such a conflict.

I've been looking for this ending about everyday, still not online. I'm shocked as to why not- must not be avid German fans who want to share. I would never buy this DVD from Germany, seeing as I probably don't have a DVD player that would even play the region. I'm a fan of TMNT as much as the next guy, but there's no way to justify me spending money on this German release to see a scene that's probably two minutes long-if that. So i'm just saying, guys on here who are looking for the clip online but are met with criticism, I feel your pain. If me wanting to find a clip that's considered somewhat of a "holy grail" for TMNT that many of us have wished to see for years makes me a freeloader, then in the words of Shredder; so be it. (Funny Kevin Nash is right above this) I'm not a foreign DVD collector. If anyone finds the clip somewhere, let me know- if I happen to find one, i'll let anyone on here know that's showed interest in this topic.

Last edited by dontplaydead27; 04-07-2010 at 03:00 AM.
dontplaydead27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:03 AM   #148
dontplaydead27
Thug

I take it that no one is going to help me with my question about a script being anywhere online for the original movie?
Old 04-07-2010, 09:25 AM   #149
hudemx
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I know right! Where's the fan unity? I have absolutely no problem in buying the dvd. I just wanted to view the deleted/alternate scenes asap. If those scenes are posted to youtube and receive multiple hits, maybe some studio execs would be swayed into releasing a region 1 special edition with even more features available.
First: Why then you just buy the DVD?
Second: You would reach the oposit:
If a Studio Execs sees them for free on the Web he would think "Why should we include it or even make a new Special Edition if all the Stuff we can get is already posted and seen by everybody?

Last edited by hudemx; 04-07-2010 at 10:40 AM.
hudemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #150
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Sorry, when have I ever gotten mad at someone because they didn't "share" something that is a simple click away from purchasing for myself?
Your stance on "copyright" changes on whether you feel like being the good ol' generous Roseangelo or whether you feel something is too "good" to be given away to the "regular" fans. This became pretty apparent to me when I was searching through my old posts a few months ago and found entirely different opinions posted by you on similar stuff like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudemx View Post

Sorry, but DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG GERMAN TMNT FANS HAD TO FIGHT FOR A GERMAN DVD RELEASE?

No you don't and thats why you simply don't understand why this is a Special DVD Release for us!
We had to start Petition, which brought nothing!
We went to differend Occasions to meet with Execs to convints them to release the Movie, which brought nothing!
We had to write a massiv amount of Mails, Letter or phone Warner Germany only to get (after almost 7 Years of trying) the answer "We are not interested to release this Movie on DVD.

And now after almost 10 f***ing Years of the waiting we get the Release, which is even better than the US Release and you're telling us we are CHEAP?

How about you US Fans which call us cheap for once get your ***** up go to Lionsgate and talk to them personally to release the missing 3 episodes on DVD?
I know that the german DVD-Boxsets will include them in their unedited Version in a future release so what - will You ask us to post the 3 episodes on a site on the Web only that you could watch them free and ruin again sth. Special for us?

Some Fans are always the same: Wanting Wanting Wanting
And then when they got the Chance to get it: Complaining Complaining Complaining

So yeah sorry for the bad english grammer in the scentenses and the many errors, but I am still Austrian and still have my DVD with the Deleted Scenes and the Extended Ending. And I still don't feel cheap!
I can assure you the release did not happen just because the "fans" rallied for it, I'm sure it may have helped but they didn't just do it for the fans requesting it. You seem to feel like you have a sense of entitlement because of it, people were just asking you to share it, its selfish and asshole-ish not to do it. I personally am not trying to convince anyone here to do it, I mean this will be released eventually in the US, most likely for the 2012 movie and way before that this will be uploaded to the internet, its just a matter of time since most people understand the concept of sharing and aren't butthurt that something they spent a lot of money will be available for free to those "undeserving ones" .
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #151
hudemx
Hench Mutant

Quote:
...people were just asking you to share it, its selfish and asshole-ish not to do it.
So it is "asshole-ish" and selfish not to upload copyright protected Material, which was bought by a DVD Label who invested alot of money in this DVD, so that everybody can watch it for free?
Old 04-07-2010, 11:54 AM   #152
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Your stance on "copyright" changes on whether you feel like being the good ol' generous Roseangelo or whether you feel something is too "good" to be given away to the "regular" fans. This became pretty apparent to me when I was searching through my old posts a few months ago and found entirely different opinions posted by you on similar stuff like this.
While I disagree with your statements, what I've said in this thread has nothing to do with copyrights. It has more to do with the fact that Gobo tried to make it super easy for people to purchase the DVD, and from what I can tell, I'm the only person who took him up on the offer. I'd be pretty pissed off if I were him and had spent the money on those extra discs only to see that people were only willing to watch the new content for free on YouTube. And I have felt used for sharing things other people weren't willing to buy for themselves in the past, so so long as something is available to be purchased by the general public, I will keep it to myself. If anyone is going to hold that against me, I have lost that much more faith in society.

If I have come off as hypocritical, that hasn't been my intention. Is it possible I have been? Possibly, although all the claims of this that I can recall have been because people can't read through the lines or because people can't stand it when the rules of the board are pointed out to them.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #153
dhennick99
Mouser

Look the fact of the matter is that what Region 1 DVD collector wants to own some foreign dvd? If I were to see the alternate material on youtube it would by no means dissuade me from purchasing the north american special edition if and when it's released. It's a matter of being a fan and not wanting to wait the already 20+ years it's taken for this material to see the light of day. I'm sure the germans fought long and hard to get this released....We all know what happened last time they fought long and hard for something.

As far as Gobo is concerned. The man is a ghost, his message box is completely full. How could you order a copy through him even if you had the desire? Everyone is whining about copyright issues, yet it's perfectly fine to order from a guy who's pocketing your money with dvdr copies? Not only that, but you're paying him for everything the disc has to offer the deleted scenes and commentary. I doubt a 2min clip on youtube is going to cripple the german economy. Piracy is so rampant in today's digital world that it is almost impossible to police. Everyone on this board is guilty whether it be a song or movie. So anyone with an alternate opinion is an aforementioned hypocrite.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:15 PM   #154
Roseangelo
Emperor

No one is selling DVD-Rs.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:26 PM   #155
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

And I didn't see anyone say "Don't post it on youtube" just "Don't post it on the forums themselves."
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #156
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
As far as Gobo is concerned. The man is a ghost, his message box is completely full. How could you order a copy through him even if you had the desire? Everyone is whining about copyright issues, yet it's perfectly fine to order from a guy who's pocketing your money with dvdr copies? Not only that, but you're paying him for everything the disc has to offer the deleted scenes and commentary.
I reserve the right to deny service to anyone. Disrespectful, whiny trolls are top of the list. Good day.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #157
sdp
Megan Fox = April

No, its assholeish the attitude towards it that is more along the "I payed money for this so I am going to hoard it and not share it" even though the average person would have to pay a lot of money since it is not available in their country. The company did not do it to get international purchases but for their own country.

If this was easily available for the average person then the discussion is whether you want to support the franchise you say you love or you don't.

Anyways I'm not even asking for it to be uploaded since this isn't something rare like the TMNT Magazines, this will be uploaded and available and most likely will be seen in a future release of the TMNT movies most likely for 2012 for people who want the physical disc. I just found the replies snobby "I payed for it and you didn't so I'm not sharing it", more than anything. I wouldn't have cared to reply otherwise.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:51 PM   #158
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru

Despite GK's request earlier on this page, people are still attacking each other and pointlessly bickering, so I think it's about time to give this thread a temporary lock to allow things to cool down a little. This thread will be reopened in two days.

Edit: The thread has been reopened. Again, let's please show respect to each other and avoid the name calling.

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:56 PM   #159
ToTheNines
[sic]

Found it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzkVxkiOqGA
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:24 AM   #160
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Deleted scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Holy **** was that actually planned?

EDIT: Just checked the wikipedia. Seems to perhaps have been only an idea rather then a deleted scene.. though its left to discussion. If that were to have happened... my brain would splatter. Being that at the time I wouldnt have known what utroms were it wouldn't have meant much to me but now, as a comic fan... whoa.
I would like to se it if it actually was a deleted scene.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd releases, live action films