The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-10-2019, 07:53 PM   #121
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I KNOOOW! (giggles like a schoolgirl) So damn excited! Haven't even read #100 yet and I'm already daydreaming about the next 50 issues.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:09 AM   #122
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Spoiler:
Do...Utroms even know that about themselves since they were freaking out so much about Krang being dead?????????

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
THIS IS NOT WHAT I WAS MEANT, WANTED, OR EXPECTED WHEN I SPECULATED KRANG RESURRECTION

Spoiler:
Splinter: I am shocked! SHOCKED
Hun and Bishop: Goodbye, I suppose???
Slash: Welcome back???
Shreder and Krang: He-ey, he-ey...WHAT???

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 12-11-2019 at 12:33 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:32 AM   #123
Ninjinister
無問題

Spoiler:
Old 12-11-2019, 12:35 AM   #124
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Spoiler:
Me, local Krang enthusiast who's been betting on something like that for a while now:

Old 12-11-2019, 12:52 AM   #125
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Spoiler:

AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 01:08 AM   #126
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Spoiler:
I felt like the climax could have used another page or two, particularly from how fast Kitsune seemed to turn around on her plan. But all in all pretty good. Bishop was expected, though it was nice to see him go out the way that he did. I don't think Slash is actually back though, that's probably just some lingering dregs of him and that clone body is probably done. Hun I was 50/50 on dying so I'm not entirely surprised, but I guess he at least did something right at the end. Mah gurl Alopex not only didn't die, she got a chance to slap Kitsune around a little bit! Good stuff. And that last page was certainly a surprising teaser, but I don't think we'll see that storyline progress for a while.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 06:43 AM   #127
Igglet

I haven't read the issue yet but seeing everything be tagged as a spoiler is pretty entertaining and tbh it's getting me kind of excited for some reason. Not gonna fool myself and click on the 'show' button, not again.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:00 AM   #128
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Spoiler:
The hiding place for Shredder's head was very well done. Sneak Level 100, as it were.

Huh. So Slash killed Bishop. That's underwhelming. I guess I'll never get a 100% normal human Bishop in IDW. That sucks. Maybe he has a clone lying around somewhere? Probably not. Sigh.

Finally Hun is dead. Kinda nice, I guess, how he went out?

Kinda rushed. But Yoshi sacrificing his life for Saki was something I've been hoping for, and that, at least, did not disappoint.

But I'll tell you what I do NOT fvcking like. Parasitic Krang burrowing out of Leatherhead. Seeing him die was awesome, and retconning his death is really rubbing me the wrong way.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:12 AM   #129
ChosenOne
Banned

I need a moment, or several, to process the events of this issue. For now, all I'll say is: BRAVO, IDW!
Old 12-11-2019, 10:33 AM   #130
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Spoiler:
Do...Utroms even know that about themselves since they were freaking out so much about Krang being dead?????????

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
THIS IS NOT WHAT I WAS MEANT, WANTED, OR EXPECTED WHEN I SPECULATED KRANG RESURRECTION

Spoiler:
Splinter: I am shocked! SHOCKED
Hun and Bishop: Goodbye, I suppose???
Slash: Welcome back???
Shreder and Krang: He-ey, he-ey...WHAT???
But WERE the Utroms surprised, my friend? We've been planning this moment since TMNT #75 (Bobby's fantastic idea, by the way!) and Kleve and Montuoro knew full well the implications (potentially to their advantage) of letting Leatherhead escape unimpeded after he gulped down their boss. Just a matter of time, they figured. Check out the proof below...

Talk soon...

Tom W.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TMNT75_36.jpg (90.9 KB, 49 views)
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:50 AM   #131
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post
But WERE the Utroms surprised, my friend? We've been planning this moment since TMNT #75 (Bobby's fantastic idea, by the way!) and Kleve and Montuoro knew full well the implications (potentially to their advantage) of letting Leatherhead escape unimpeded after he gulped down their boss. Just a matter of time, they figured. Check out the proof below...

Talk soon...

Tom W.
You sneaky writers and editors.

I don't like it, although the Alien chestburster thing cracks me up. But I'll wait and see where it goes.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:53 AM   #132
ChosenOne
Banned

The only reason I have for feeling somewhat hesitant about this new development is that I don't know where this'll leave Leatherhead if/when it's sorted out. Feels a lot like Slash being modified into a weapon by the EPF, which led directly to his death, only here we've barely got any mileage out of Leatherhead yet.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:11 AM   #133
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
The only reason I have for feeling somewhat hesitant about this new development is that I don't know where this'll leave Leatherhead if/when it's sorted out. Feels a lot like Slash being modified into a weapon by the EPF, which led directly to his death, only here we've barely got any mileage out of Leatherhead yet.
He needs a Krangectomy.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:24 AM   #134
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
He needs a Krangectomy.
Looks like he's gonna need a whole bunch of other surgical interventions after that, too...

On the other hand, this is probably the best case of "eating something that didn't agree with him" I've ever seen.

(Oooh! Oooh! I wonder if we'll get a nod to that infamous Archie moment now that Saki's back?)
Old 12-11-2019, 11:43 AM   #135
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Spoiler:
Anyone else got Watchman flashbacks when they saw the dragon's corpse
Old 12-11-2019, 11:45 AM   #136
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
This, not to mention it looks pretty gross...
Old 12-11-2019, 11:56 AM   #137
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80gmrp View Post
This, not to mention it looks pretty gross...
I really, really hope this isn't the beginning of the end for IDW Leatherhead.

There's still so much that could be done with him, given his philosophical sensibilities and unique perspective on mutants, that turning the character into a mindless husk so soon (he's only been in what, three arcs?) seems like a tremendous waste. Especially now that Mutant Town is about to be a thing.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:06 PM   #138
Igglet

I'm kind of sad. There's so much good stuff in this, but there's just as much stuff that I didn't really enjoy. The tone and the focus were way off, to the point where I found it hard to care about the main conflict. All the separate story arcs didn't really feel like they all led into one climax as they should in this type of story and instead felt like they were battling for the spotlight. A lot of the character work was rushed, or was smothered by other things going on. I very much like the concept of what the team tried to pull off here, but I'm not a fan of the execution in a lot of ways. Saki coming back is exciting, the idea of Splinter sacrificing himself is absolutely awesome, Raph versus Bishop and Leo's part in all of that... I really like all of those things in concept, and I very much enjoyed reading them, but for one reason or another, they lacked in execution. Bishop absolutely should've died in Battle Lines, not like this. Hun's sacrifice felt hollow. Angel, Alopex and worst of all, Jennika felt like she genuinely didn't belong in the story, and the witty remarks about the fact that the world is ending made it feel like even the writers stopped taking the Dragon thing seriously.

Congratulations to IDW for reaching this milestone. Despite some of the criticism I've been voicing recently (some of which, in retrospect, wasn't well-founded, namely the Rat King's part in #99), I really appreciate all the team's done in this run and it's absolutely one of my favorite comics, period.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:09 PM   #139
neatoman
Emperor

So did Bebop and Rocksteady forget who Hun was? They met him in issue 28, in issue 33 they explicitly took orders from him, in issue 39 they refer to him by name and were last shown on panel together in issue 41. The fact that they just call him "Wrestler guy" in issue 100, as if they never met him, is strange.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:12 PM   #140
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So did Bebop and Rocksteady forget who Hun was? They met him in issue 28, in issue 33 they explicitly took orders from him, in issue 39 they refer to him by name and were last shown on panel together in issue 41. The fact that they just call him "Wrestler guy" in issue 100, as if they never met him, is strange.
It's been such a long time since they last saw him, they probably just forgot. They're that dumb. It would probably take Hun kicking their asses in record time and almost shoving a sword down Rocksteady's throat for them to commit his name to memory.